Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:51:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCONNECT the most massive crypto ponzi scheme ever???  (Read 1465 times)
ChromaticStar (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:20:17 AM

I recently ran across Bitconnect today for the first time. Looking at their meteoric rise prompted me to investigate. It looks like everyone is making money. Everyone loves it. There is a network effect and more and more people are jumping in. While this looks great, there are some major fundamental problems:

Who is Satao Nakamoto? What a name, just like Satoshi Nakamoto, you'll never know who he truly is. He is apparently the lead developer of this platform, yet we have next to nothing on him. Not even a LinkedIn profile or even a photo of him on his Facebook. Who are the other developers?

Where is the whitepaper? Is it so proprietary that it can't be released?

Where is the money everyone is making coming from? Supposedly you make money by staking it with a "volatility bot" that makes money through some sort of algorithmic trading program. Where is the volatility program arbitraging its earnings from? What exchange is it trading on? The money everyone is making has to come from somewhere and it's coming from the new investors.

How is there never a loss? You make money every single day, there's never a day where you lose money. This is literally impossible. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Why do they need their own coin? You don't need a coin to run a trading bot. Is it so you could attract new buyers with a rising price?

If you are judging other people's or your own gains as proof of it's legitimacy, you don't even know what a ponzi scheme is.

I use to watch the show American Greed on CNBC and there were many ponzi schemes just like this one that stole millions or even billions by promising very high risk free returns and that is exactly what this is. It has a very well put together and functional website, which only reinforces the network effect and appearance of authenticity. This is a very well put together ponzi, one of the best I've ever seen.

With all these ICOs going on and no one paying attention, it's easy for something like this to roll on. The thing about ponzis is they survive as long as more and more people are willing to put money into it. Bernie Madoff ran a billions of dollar ponzi for years without getting caught.

Please correct me if I'm saying something wrong. Otherwise, get your money out!

Here's some further research:

https://steemit.com/scam/@thegrinder/the-bitconnect-scam-exposed
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010892495970
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Madoff
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme
http://www.hyipscope.org/?a=details&lid=6844 - "40% a month with no risk".....come on, now you're just admitting you're a ponzi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
P2Pfinder

Activity: 249
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:10:54 AM

Yes, Bitconnect in the biggest ponzi in th world.

Bitconnect use lending for pay interest on other lending, or in other word is a ponzi: in a few time, when "investors" will try to withdraw their money, bitconnect will collapse. Stay tuned, this will happen soonest as you think.
The Enoeht

Activity: 190

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:15:30 AM

I don't  care, it made me a profit. Most of the coins are scams anyway, it will take you a couple of years to realize that when they are out of the money....you know the same thing that will happen to bitconnect.
Crypto_Jay_99

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:44:45 PM

Def a ponzi scheme. I'm staying very far away from it. It will probably stay strong for a while longer until it completely plummets one day...
Analogplutonium

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:56:06 PM

Def a ponzi scheme. I'm staying very far away from it. It will probably stay strong for a while longer until it completely plummets one day...

Probably a Ponzi but a very clever one. I took the risk recently though and so far it has been working like intended. As far as I understand it has started only in the beginning of 2017, I think it will continue at least for another year until it collapses.
jnow

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:02:04 PM

Anyone here actually took any real money out of it, or are you guys just watching the numbers going up?

ChromaticStar (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:33:13 PM

I'm getting the feeling that a lot of people know it's a ponzi and are just trying to game the system before it collapses. Not very ethical, but I guess if you can live with victimizing someone you're just like all the cryptohackers and scammers out there. Control Finance was one of the other big ponzis that underwent a major exit scam recently. Bitconnect will probably just close it's doors someday as well, leaving most people with empty promises.
redwine49

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:35:26 PM

good article its make sense

any old member want to commend about this bcc?? legendary or hero member here???

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:16:43 PM

This one is so polarizing and interesting.  I'm VERY suspicious of BCC so I'm not advocating for it, but here are my thoughts.  I'm using Gunbot for automatic trading and still learning... but so far I'm earning about .5 to 1% a day on average.  So I believe it's quite possible to earn 1% a day in bot trading; especially if they have statisticians and experienced traders on their payroll.  Also, and this just occurred to me the other day, they have full control over one side of the equation.  I wonder if they're auto-trading BCC to BTC on Nova and controlling the supply side of BCC.  This could dramatically improve their profitability (at the expense of other traders.)

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:27:15 PM

In all honesty Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme IF people are only in it to make FIAT profits... cause then it just relys like any ponzi scheme for more and more people to buy in and buy out older investors and at some point it collapses.. BUT if the community of BTC is serious it can be a real currency used to purchase goods and services.

But Bitconnect is a pyramid scheme, you lock your funds away for 200+ days and that alone is something to distrust it. Though Bitconnect just like BTC can become more than a ponzi scheme if the community is serious about it, that means no conversions to FIAT but actually use it for what its meant to do and thats to transfer value.

But Bitconnect is founded in the vision of profit and allures with high interest rates and referral bonuses whereas BTC was founded in the vision of a financial revolution meaning to give power back to the people or atleast break the monopoly of banks.

So.. it all depends (I'm staying far away from Bitconnect. BTC till I die)

flippener

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 09:34:24 PM

It's a ponzi. Never sign up to a system where you can't withdraw your money when you want to.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Mysterious01

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:46:08 PM

I recently ran across Bitconnect today for the first time. Looking at their meteoric rise prompted me to investigate. It looks like everyone is making money. Everyone loves it. There is a network effect and more and more people are jumping in. While this looks great, there are some major fundamental problems:

Who is Satao Nakamoto? What a name, just like Satoshi Nakamoto, you'll never know who he truly is. He is apparently the lead developer of this platform, yet we have next to nothing on him. Not even a LinkedIn profile or even a photo of him on his Facebook. Who are the other developers?

Where is the whitepaper? Is it so proprietary that it can't be released?

Where is the money everyone is making coming from? Supposedly you make money by staking it with a "volatility bot" that makes money through some sort of algorithmic trading program. Where is the volatility program arbitraging its earnings from? What exchange is it trading on? The money everyone is making has to come from somewhere and it's coming from the new investors.

How is there never a loss? You make money every single day, there's never a day where you lose money. This is literally impossible. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Why do they need their own coin? You don't need a coin to run a trading bot. Is it so you could attract new buyers with a rising price?

If you are judging other people's or your own gains as proof of it's legitimacy, you don't even know what a ponzi scheme is.

I use to watch the show American Greed on CNBC and there were many ponzi schemes just like this one that stole millions or even billions by promising very high risk free returns and that is exactly what this is. It has a very well put together and functional website, which only reinforces the network effect and appearance of authenticity. This is a very well put together ponzi, one of the best I've ever seen.

With all these ICOs going on and no one paying attention, it's easy for something like this to roll on. The thing about ponzis is they survive as long as more and more people are willing to put money into it. Bernie Madoff ran a billions of dollar ponzi for years without getting caught.

Please correct me if I'm saying something wrong. Otherwise, get your money out!

Here's some further research:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010892495970
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Madoff
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme
http://www.hyipscope.org/?a=details&lid=6844 - "40% a month with no risk".....come on, now you're just admitting you're a ponzi
Thank you for the useful information, I've been trying to put some of my money to it but because if your info.
I will never risk my money again to something like this. Keep up the good work OP.
ChromaticStar (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:28:17 PM

Some guy, who was an experienced financial manager, on the BCC [ANN] page recently reported them to the FBI. I don't know if they'll do anything, but just so everyone knows.
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:43:47 PM

Yes, Bitconnect in the biggest ponzi in th world.

Bitconnect use lending for pay interest on other lending, or in other word is a ponzi: in a few time, when "investors" will try to withdraw their money, bitconnect will collapse. Stay tuned, this will happen soonest as you think.
First, I am interested in bitconnect but seeing the system , i prefer to trade eth and btc. the security is better, both are traded in all exchangers, I think  I will never invest in bitconnect.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:45:50 PM

Even when my good friend gain some profit in bitconnect i did not believe in their system. As of now i do not consider bitconnect as a scam because they are still paying but me personally i will not invest in it. I would rather buy new coins and test my skills im cryptocurrency trading.

I truly  hope that bitconnect is not a scam
jackhero

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:59:09 AM

yes i think bitconnect is Multi-level model, take the payer's money paid to the previous user through the system introduction, and it will fall into a day not far.it is call ponzi, you should resreach it cleanning by click forum  https://steemit.com/scam/@thegrinder/the-bitconnect-scam-exposed
after all i advise you not to invest Bitconect because it will  speculative mania when you can not predict what will happen to it
redwine49

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:37:53 PM

Some guy, who was an experienced financial manager, on the BCC [ANN] page recently reported them to the FBI. I don't know if they'll do anything, but just so everyone knows.

can you give me the link bcc ANN page?? i want to know what happend there.
or maybe someone can help me to give that link page?

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
Despacito

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:39:10 PM

yes i think bitconnect is Multi-level model, take the payer's money paid to the previous user through the system introduction, and it will fall into a day not far.it is call ponzi, you should resreach it cleanning by click forum  https://steemit.com/scam/@thegrinder/the-bitconnect-scam-exposed
after all i advise you not to invest Bitconect because it will  speculative mania when you can not predict what will happen to it

Never join those organzations, they try to imitate bitcoin's model to make themselves exploit other people's money.

These frauders are never getting anough from their stealing money from you. They're pure ponzis.
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:52:03 PM

Altough I invested some in it and I made a profit till today I believe it is a dirty ponzi scheme, there is no way these people are not making any losses and paying between 0,1-3% per day to every investor there is, people have invested heavily in it, it is just a matter of time till everything collapses, for me something to be transparent is when people show themselves and where they stand for, these guys are very anonymous.

co0ler

Activity: 43
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:12:28 PM

I suspected when Trevon James started promoting it.

Especially when he said it is some kind of investment that never goes down... Roll Eyes

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
Shotz

Activity: 105

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:00:23 PM

They have offices in 10 different countries and are sponsoring a few big blockchain events as late as November 2018.  So Ill make my profits until at least 2018 Cheesy.

Not to mention the crypto spending card that will be connected to your lending wallet. Hehehe

Cipherr

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:50:36 PM

Yes its a Ponzi, but theres two reasons Ponzis work on people. Its always been the same two reasons:

1:  

This. Some people who haven't been educated on these things (and that accounts for a lot of young Crypto enthusiasts) define a scam as "Something where no one gets paid and no one makes profit but the scammer". Of course we know ponzis dont work that way. Ponzis thrive because it actually DOES make many people money, but at the expense of the people that get scammed on the bottom/at the end when it collapses. People look at folks who have made a good ROI on Bitconnect and thereby assume it cannot be a scam if some people are profiting... This is bad logic, but they haven't been taught any better so...

Second, the fuel behind them are the people who don't mind if other people get scammed so long as they make money. Example:

I don't  care, it made me a profit.

This is the mentality/moral code of the people who know its a sham, but fuel it anyway as long as it can make them a dollar. Its not surprising; Wallstreet and traditional FIAT market types are full of these dirtbags, that's why we ended up bailing out American car companies and the income inequality gap keeps increasing while Bankers and Suit wearing jackasses crash the housing market with shoddy loans and make off like bandits. Most people don't care if it screws others as long as they get THEIR profit. You cant talk them out of it either, they always have some rationalization as to why its okay to profit off of someone elses misery so, dont bother.

In any case, those two things make it possible. The 1 year loan system buys them time, and yes, they have created the biggest Ponzi in Crypto for sure. My worries are with those that will lose their money, and with the effect this will likely have on the entire crypto market when it implodes. It will probably make the news and make Crypto look that much more like "criminals doing criminal things" which is so unfair and unfortunate.
gentil

Activity: 122

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:51:26 PM

Clear Ponzi, I have no idea how its become so big when its so obviously a scam.

Thats crypto for you  Sad

Live by the sword, die by the sword
Crypto_Jay_99

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:14:18 AM

Yes.

If it sounds to good to be true, it probably IS to good to be true.

Nobody gives away free money. Do they even try to explain how they're giving these crazy interest rates?
ikilledcobain

Activity: 446
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:11:27 PM

Yes.

Nobody gives away free money. Do they even try to explain how they're giving these crazy interest rates?

Lol, it's a magical trading bot that they've written that allows them to give away those interest rates.

It's a pyramid scheme (slightly different from a Ponzi scheme: http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/09/ponzi-vs-pyramid.asp ) if I've ever seen one. There's a guy that promotes it incessantly on Steemit.

Part of me wishes I'd gotten in early to get in on it but then the moral part of me remembers that I'm basically stealing money from those that come in after I do.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Crypto_Jay_99

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:50:48 PM

Yes.

Lol, it's a magical trading bot that they've written that allows them to give away those interest rates.

It's a pyramid scheme (slightly different from a Ponzi scheme: http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/09/ponzi-vs-pyramid.asp ) if I've ever seen one. There's a guy that promotes it incessantly on Steemit.

Part of me wishes I'd gotten in early to get in on it but then the moral part of me remembers that I'm basically stealing money from those that come in after I do.

Lol, how generous of them that they're sharing those crazy profits.
Such benevolence.
rufus59

Activity: 151
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:13:48 PM

So now you know, it one big scam. It a ponzi scheme
redwine49

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:24:06 PM

Yes its a Ponzi, but theres two reasons Ponzis work on people. Its always been the same two reasons:

1:  

This. Some people who haven't been educated on these things (and that accounts for a lot of young Crypto enthusiasts) define a scam as "Something where no one gets paid and no one makes profit but the scammer". Of course we know ponzis dont work that way. Ponzis thrive because it actually DOES make many people money, but at the expense of the people that get scammed on the bottom/at the end when it collapses. People look at folks who have made a good ROI on Bitconnect and thereby assume it cannot be a scam if some people are profiting... This is bad logic, but they haven't been taught any better so...

Second, the fuel behind them are the people who don't mind if other people get scammed so long as they make money. Example:

I don't  care, it made me a profit.

This is the mentality/moral code of the people who know its a sham, but fuel it anyway as long as it can make them a dollar. Its not surprising; Wallstreet and traditional FIAT market types are full of these dirtbags, that's why we ended up bailing out American car companies and the income inequality gap keeps increasing while Bankers and Suit wearing jackasses crash the housing market with shoddy loans and make off like bandits. Most people don't care if it screws others as long as they get THEIR profit. You cant talk them out of it either, they always have some rationalization as to why its okay to profit off of someone elses misery so, dont bother.

In any case, those two things make it possible. The 1 year loan system buys them time, and yes, they have created the biggest Ponzi in Crypto for sure. My worries are with those that will lose their money, and with the effect this will likely have on the entire crypto market when it implodes. It will probably make the news and make Crypto look that much more like "criminals doing criminal things" which is so unfair and unfortunate.

iam waiting for big cry from who doesnt care about his money.
people need to learn when they loss their money
so maybe next year and i believe it will be big news like mt gox Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

gtinvest

Activity: 61

Be kind with Donate Me :-P

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:45:55 AM

I am just hope Bitconnect will stay longer in 2018 or 2019, because i already invested there . It feels too late read this article but thanks for sharing to me
 Cry

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬SPA▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST SPA PROJECT APPLIED BLOCKCHAIN IN THE WORLD
TwitterFacebookTelegramWhitepaper
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: