Bitcoin Forum
December 18, 2017, 07:17:23 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin?  (Read 25030 times)
webdevmastery

Activity: 154

Software Engineer & Web dveloper - LIVE TREE ADEPT

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:20:01 PM

Since this forum has been created, Then it makes everyone's life easier, Now you can work in different companies, You can earn money in exchange of bitcoins so i do not find something disadvantage in this economy. Maybe there is a disadvantage and that is when the crypto currency decrease and everyone needs to return to their day job.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YellowRiver

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:07:46 PM

Given the fact that Bitcoin is very beneficial through a lot of ways it also has disadvantages such as high transaction fees and sometimes long confirmation time of transactions and maybe legalization issue and volatility of its price is a disadvantage as many people are discussing it here. I think it may be due to the low interest of people about it and it wasn't design to be accepted by the masses (such as stores).
There are few of the problems which the investors are facing while investing in Bitcoin. I think these problems can be taken care of and I’m very much positive that these disadvantages will remain no longer. The way Bitcoin is earning this much of reputation in the market, it will never disappoint its investors.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   DIMPAY  ●  Invest for Tomorrow. Today.   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❱❱❱  Facebook  ❱❱❱  Twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ❱❱  PRE-ICO | December 4th, 2017  ❱❱  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hydrogen

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:43:18 PM

One disadvantage is not having a paper format of bitcoin that can be exchanged without needing an internet connection to enable crypto to compete directly with paper cash.

Another disadvantage is lack of collateral, credit checks and user authentication to enable a fast and efficient system of loans.

One more disadvantage is lack of savings account style storage which yields static positive interest.

Another disadvantage could be exchanges and wallets not being insured the way that bank accounts are insured up to $100,000.

hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:47:21 PM

Yes the slow confirmation time seems to be the disadvantage, but many ways are there to scale securely without increasing the blocksize, for this Improvements the miners have to support but they are selfish, as you said it looks certain the blocksize debate tend to continue beyond 2017.
I don’t consider all this as such any disadvantage. These are few of the suggestions on which bitcoins team is working. Bitcoins are loved by people because there is no involvement of third parties like banks etc, and then I do not understand why you talking about the involvement of third party here.
i also do not think that there is any disadvantage of bitcoin, although there are some mistakes that not permanent and can be removes if we work hard, and hope that we will very soon overcome all these temporary mistakes, and therefore can expect that bitcoin become more and more good with every aspects and people will like to adopt it.
Carmen01

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:05:32 AM

Hi guys! May I know what you think is/are the biggest disadvantage/s of Bitcoin? Or cryptocurrency in general?

Thank you!

I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is the way it has a high price but it is still not that popular or not properly accepted by stores. I think it is also because of the volatility of bitcoin. And also, it's transaction is so slow making the users irritated.
here in philippines the transaction of bitcoin to our own money called php is so fast so i disagree to your post,the disadvantage of bitcoin as of now is use bitcoin to scam other person like other escrow service here in bitcointalk and most of scam here is coming also in some mining site

Ingoats

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:10:08 AM

Hi guys! May I know what you think is/are the biggest disadvantage/s of Bitcoin? Or cryptocurrency in general?

Thank you!
I believe that the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin is being volatile. It's market value changes from time to time, which means there'll be times that its market value will be high and also, there'll be times that it will be low. Market value stability is important in an investment because if its market value is volatile, it also means that investing into it will be risky.

Krispin47

Activity: 99

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:18:02 AM

Disadvantage to who? Investors? Users? developers?

One of the characteristics of altcoins today (including bitcoin) is their volatility.
It could be an advantage for traders, but it's clearly a disadvantage for "normal" users (the public).
I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is that bitcoin stability. We all know that bitcoin value is unstable we cant predict when the value is rising and we dont also know when it is falling.

audrey12

Activity: 126

★Jetwin.com★

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:21:35 AM

For me the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is its volatility because of limited supply circulating in the market time will come when the demand goes higher that the supply cannot accommodate it chances are bitcoin can be replace by other altcoins and maybe lose its value. But if the value of bitcoin will keep appreciating maybe it can survive in the market.

SushiMonster

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:17:32 AM

Well I think Cryptocurrencies can be difficult to some people specially those people who lived in the earlier generation, the mechanics of its key management can confuse people. Also these are not yet regulated, users may fall for ponzi schemes.
AnubisStar

Activity: 35

[center]▬▬▬ ★ ★ &#97

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:26:38 AM

To me, one of the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin is that is not a popular or known currency, and that's why is so difficult to explain people what is Bitcoin all about, for the same reason it has not been easy to me learn about it and how it works. I think that people who are passionate and believe that Bitcoin is the future should try to make it a more famous and better explained subject.

▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
● PLINKO  (+) ROULETTE ║ BITVEST ║ |7| SLOTS    ▼ BIT SPIN
▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
Wong Gendheng

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:20:33 AM

I think the bitcoin transaction costs are getting more expensive so I hope there are developers who can provide solutions and freight costs can be free like a year ago.

Lumada

Activity: 352

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:30:23 AM

I think the bitcoin transaction costs are getting more expensive so I hope there are developers who can provide solutions and freight costs can be free like a year ago.
Transaction fees were only based on its price, i think the big disadvantage is depending on our usage. As of now btc value dips into lower $4000 it os 3914 now. And I need to cash out some now for emergency. Since my cash is not enough. When btc balue goes too dip in just a span of few days it's definitely a disappointing.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Forbiddenone

Activity: 364

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:45:58 AM

Transaction fees were only based on its price, i think the big disadvantage is depending on our usage. As of now btc value dips into lower $4000 it os 3914 now. And I need to cash out some now for emergency. Since my cash is not enough. When btc balue goes too dip in just a span of few days it's definitely a disappointing.
thats not the fault we all know bitcoin is a gambling asset and its price will pumps and dumps,i think there are 2 major fault ,first is that the fees increase as network transaction increases. second is that transaction time,currently after the segwit speed has increased but in future as number of users will increase we will have this situation back.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄         
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄       
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███     
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄   
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀   
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀     
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀       
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                     

hpmp

Activity: 132

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:04:28 AM

Biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin it is that it wasn't invented in 90s.
Fatunad

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:37:29 AM

Since this forum has been created, Then it makes everyone's life easier, Now you can work in different companies, You can earn money in exchange of bitcoins so i do not find something disadvantage in this economy. Maybe there is a disadvantage and that is when the crypto currency decrease and everyone needs to return to their day job.
This forum do already have the needed information when it comes to bitcoin information and other altcoin too and at the same time you would able to read up all the information regarding on money making on this bitcoin world which it is really an advantage to us which we can really make it as a side income inspite on having on our own day stable job.Biggest disadvatange? Its anonymous feature which it can really be used on illegal stuffs.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
DevilSlayer

Activity: 238

“Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain”

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:06:59 AM

Thank you!
We all know that the bitcoin is a money and I can say bitcoin has a lot of disadvantages. Bitcoin can use in crime because it is a money. Many people nowadays are using bitcoin in a bad way.

xianbits

Activity: 350

Crypterium-Digital Mobile Cryptobank For Everyone

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:17:51 AM

Considering it's price now, owning one is considered fortunate, at least in my country's economic status. So I may say, one of the disadvantages I am seeing is that poeple may tend to do everything just to have even one bitcoin. May it be through a scam ICOs, scam bitcoin-paying-services, or many more. Owning bitcoin is really a fortune, but I hope, we own through our own clean way.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
BTCmax24

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:24:49 AM

Advantage:
- if you hold bitcoin now you will earn up to 10x of its original price when you buy it.
- easy to use for any transactions
- continues increasing of demand and got a lot of support from differwnt countries and investors

Disadvantage:
- easy to lost by simple error like sending the funds in wrong address
- the cindicate can do their bad business by easy transfer of funds using bitcoin
- if you not hold bitcoin today you will missed the great opportunity to earn high profit and it is more difficult to invest if the price is very high because you need more funds to buy it.

Those are  some of the advantages and disadvantages of bitcoin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     UTRUST // The FUTURE of Online Payments     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      whitepaper     facebook     twitter     slack       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PRE-ICO | 28th August 2017
Mysterious01

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:35:33 AM

Thank you!

For me I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is that, it is not that well known and many are not yet aware of what is bitcoin.

Sled

Activity: 686

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:42:34 AM

Thank you!

For me I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is that, it is not that well known and many are not yet aware of what is bitcoin.
That is not a disadvantage for bitcoin because that is not fault of bitcoin and it is just about the people who doesn't recognized bitcoin as an opportunity and for me the disadvantage of bitcoin is the increasing difficulty of the mining because that can kill bitcoin itself which the time will come where miners will leave bitcoin because it is not profitable anymore.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.