Bitcoin Forum
December 14, 2017, 09:06:51 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin?  (Read 25016 times)
nightxglow

Activity: 238

Proof-of-Asset Protocol

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:08:03 AM

For me myself, i haven't felt any disadvantages in bitcoin at all. Maybe because i use it for investment, not use it for transaction or whatsoever.
But so far as i knew, many people complained about how long the transaction takes and also how high the fees are. I don't really know since i never experience it myself but i personally think it's not really a big problem, though of course it'll be better and great if the fees is low.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCSAMIUL

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:01:52 PM

I think the biggest disadvantage of btc is it isn't stable enough to give a stable amount to those people who are depending on btc as their source of income.As a matter of fact  many people  are not aware of bitcoin and people need to be educated to understand the importance of bitcoin.
futuret

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:10:16 PM

It seems to me that the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is its dependence from Fiat. This applies to all cryptocurrencies without exception. In order to buy the goods we have to change the bitcoins to Fiat. This not only creates additional difficulties and leads to additional costs. This deprives bitcoin of the main advantages - anonymity.
It is about the bitcoin and the price of the bitcoin. If more and more people will get into bitcoin then the users will make bitcoin more popular. For me the biggest advantage of the bitcoin is the price of the bitcoin and it is the most powerful point that bitcoin has. The people are investing in bitcoin and they are making bitcoin popular at high stage and it is the plus point of the bitcoin.

▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
    ▄█▀▀▄▄███████▄▄▀▀█▄
  ▄█▀▄████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀████▄▀█▄
 ▄█ █████▀█ ▄▄▄ █▀█████ █▄
▄█ █████   █████   █████ █▄
█ ██████   ▀███▀   ██████ █
█ ███████         ███████ █
█ ██████   ▄███▄   ██████ █
▀█ █████   █████   █████ █▀

▀█ █████▄█ ▀▀▀ █▄█████ █▀
  ▀█▄▀████▄▀▀▀▀▀▄████▀▄█▀

▀█▄▄▀▀███████▀▀▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

▄█████████ ███      ███  ▄█████  ▄█████  ▄████████▄   ▄████████▄   ▄█████████ ███       ███
███▀        ███      ███ ███▀    ███▀    ███▀    ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ ███▀        ███       ███
███         ███      ███ ███     ███     ████████████ ███      ███ ███         ███▄     ▄███
███▄        ███▄    ▄███ ███     ███     ███▄         ███      ███ ███▄         ▀███████████
 ▀█████████  ▀████████▀  ███     ███      ▀█████      ███      ███  ▀█████████          ▄███
                                                                                     █████▀
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
█████▀
███▀ 
█▀  ▄█
  ▄███
▄████▀
███▀
█▀  ▄█
  ▄███
▄████▀
███▀
█▀  ▄█
  ▄███
▄█████
█████▀
███▀ 
█▀  ▄█
  ▄███
▄████▀
███▀
█▀  ▄█
  ▄███
▄████▀
███▀
█▀  ▄█
  ▄███
▄█████
catapult

Activity: 154

IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:58:04 PM

I think the big fluctuation of the price is the biggest disadvantage of btc and the other cryptocurrencies. And also the fluctuation of the altcoins' prices follows the btc price's movements mainly, and I think this is an another disadvantage too.

redsun114

Activity: 700

The Fastest Blockchain- ICO 1/12/17 - 7/1/18

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:44:24 AM

There are many disadvantages of bitcoin.Firstly the volatile nature of bitcoin.We don't know whether the value of bitcoin will increase or decrease.Secondly the transaction fee of bitcoins.
According to my opinion, the biggest disadvantage of the bitcoin currency is that it is not among the legal economies of the world .This is the reason that the prices keep on fluctuating which is really irritating sometimes for the bitcoin holders.

No one could guarantee that keeping the bitcoins would really be beneficial for them in the future. Moreover, another disadvantage is the cost for exchanging it into legal currency for actual application meeting your daily demands.

██               ██     ███          ██     ███████████████              ██                  ▄▄█████▄▄         ███████████████
██               ██     ████         ██     ██                          ████              ▄██▀▀     ▀▀██▄      ██
██               ██     ██ ██        ██     ██                         ██  ██            ██▀           ▀██     ██
██               ██     ██  ██       ██     ██                        ██    ██          ██                     ██
██               ██     ██   ██      ██     ██                       ██      ██        ██                      ██
██               ██     ██    ██     ██     █████████████           ██        ██       ██                      █████████████
██               ██     ██     ██    ██     ██                     ██          ██      ██               ██     ██
██               ██     ██      ██   ██     ██                    ██            ██     ██               ██     ██
██               ██     ██       ██  ██     ██                   ████          ████     ██              ██     ██
██               ██     ██        ██ ██     ██                  ██  ██        ██  ██     ██▄           ▄██     ██
██               ██     ██         ████     ██                 ██    ██      ██    ██     ▀██▄▄     ▄▄██▀      ██
█████████████    ██     ██          ███     ███████████████   ████████████████████████       ▀▀█████▀▀         ███████████████
||
Anfisman

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:30:52 PM

Bitcoin comes with many advantages today, but beside that, there are advantages that become a threat for the users of this virtual money. One of them deals with the issue of Bitcoin storage. Problems arise because this line of code can be stolen or lost. When that happens, all Bitcoin associated with the private key will disappear forever from the owner's hand.
pauloccsilva

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:35:19 PM

The payments are irreversible, payments made with Bitcoin are irreversible, that is, they can not be answered.
icecream sandwich

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:47:41 PM

Hi guys! May I know what you think is/are the biggest disadvantage/s of Bitcoin? Or cryptocurrency in general?

Thank you!

For me the biggest disadvantage of bitcoins so far is that you cannot access them whenever you didn't have a wifi or internet connection. Because we all knownthat sometimes some places do not have the signals so you cannot access bitcoins. And also nit all stores are accepting bitcoins so you need to convert bitcoins into fiat before you can buy things. We also know that some country do not accept bitcoins in exchange in cash not unless the one you will in exchange with was a person.

yamortsac

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:46:21 PM

I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is it is still not that popular or known to many people so maybe there are possible investors that are not yet into bitcoin world. Many are not yet aware that there is bitcoin that could help them to earn more money. And the other disadvantage of bitcoin is the volatility of its price.

Senja Kemuning

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:18:23 PM

I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is it is still not that popular or known to many people so maybe there are possible investors that are not yet into bitcoin world. Many are not yet aware that there is bitcoin that could help them to earn more money. And the other disadvantage of bitcoin is the volatility of its price.
Yes agree, if bitcoin users reach at least 3% of the total population of the world it will make the government will not dare banned bitcoin. but I'm sure this is happening right away so we should continue to introduce bitcoin to anyone.

cashaa█████
█╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

█╬██

█████
██████
██╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬██

██████
█████
██╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬█

█████
Influmezo

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:27:39 PM

Reduced fees used to be a huge advantage of BTC a couple of years in the past, when I commenced utilizing BTC, but now because of to the escalating trouble fee in mining, and as less blocks get mined over a period of time of time, miners virtually totally rely on the transaction expenses of BTC to make mining value it, and therefore the transaction charges has been rising rather massive time. That, for me seems to be the largest problem of BTC, and there is no telling how significantly the transaction charges will enhance more than time as the market place benefit and difficulty rate of BTC alone enhance.
Rhum142

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:30:12 PM

- Bitcoins Are Not Widely accepted : Bitcoins are still only accepted by a very small group of online merchants. This makes it unfeasible to completely rely on Bitcoins as a currency. There is also a possibility that governments might force merchants to not use Bitcoins to ensure that users’ transactions can be tracked.
-Wallets Can Be Lost :If a hard drive crashes, or a virus corrupts data , and the wallet file is corrupted, Bitcoins have essentially been “lost”. There is nothing that can done to recover it. These coins will be forever orphaned in the system. This can bankrupt a wealthy Bitcoin investor within seconds with no way form of recovery. The coins the investor owned will also be permanently orphaned.
Lorence.xD

Activity: 130

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:47:36 PM

The disadvantages of bitcoin are two. The outrageous fees at the moment and the big volatility in price which is very common in all cryptos including bitcoin. Regarding the price, we are seeing that is being stable from some weeks in the 2500 dollars area.
For me what I consider as a disadvantage of bitcoin are whenever you get to pay fees when you make such different transactions and also the value of the bitcoin itself. Yes, bitcoin is promising but the price is sometimes unpredictable that what makes some users to panic sell their bitcoins.

jagmrx

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:31:24 PM

The disadvantages of bitcoin are two. The outrageous fees at the moment and the big volatility in price which is very common in all cryptos including bitcoin. Regarding the price, we are seeing that is being stable from some weeks in the 2500 dollars area.
For me what I consider as a disadvantage of bitcoin are whenever you get to pay fees when you make such different transactions and also the value of the bitcoin itself. Yes, bitcoin is promising but the price is sometimes unpredictable that what makes some users to panic sell their bitcoins.

I think there are two disadvantage of Bitcoin right now.

Here it is :
- Bitcoin price is become so high, and the fee become high too.
- Bitcoin mining is become harder and harder, and we need a better rigs.

Maybe there are more disadvantage of Bitcoin, but those two is what comes in my mind.

megynacuna

Activity: 364

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:56:04 PM

I think there are two disadvantage of Bitcoin right now.

Here it is :
- Bitcoin price is become so high, and the fee become high too.
- Bitcoin mining is become harder and harder, and we need a better rigs.

Maybe there are more disadvantage of Bitcoin, but those two is what comes in my mind.

Those shouldn't be disadvantageous because others in the bitcoin ecosystem are also profiting from the huge fees and if you happen to find yourself to be one of them i guess you wont label it a disadvantage. It was bound to happen because bitcoin prices are also on the higher side. The same way you can't afford better rigs others are making it big with their rigs and so it can't be a disadvantage.

BITVEST DICE
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
EdenHazard

Activity: 938

why look for fortune elsewhere

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:18:40 PM

I think the big fluctuation of the price is the biggest disadvantage of btc and the other cryptocurrencies. And also the fluctuation of the altcoins' prices follows the btc price's movements mainly, and I think this is an another disadvantage too.
i won't consider it as a disadvantages but more to a benefit .

as long as you can exploit that volatile i think it will be your benefit to use , invest and trade in bitcoin. i just feel annoying with the confirmation time , it takes too long . but yes at least it is far better than any other payment processor nowadays.

FORTUNEJACK.COM[

9 BTC WELCOME PACK FOR 1ST 5 DEPOSITS
FREE 1,000 mBTC daily for LuckyJack winners
[

]
jagmrx

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:21:35 AM

Those shouldn't be disadvantageous because others in the bitcoin ecosystem are also profiting from the huge fees and if you happen to find yourself to be one of them i guess you wont label it a disadvantage. It was bound to happen because bitcoin prices are also on the higher side. The same way you can't afford better rigs others are making it big with their rigs and so it can't be a disadvantage.

Ok, you might be right. But a lot of people say that Bitcoin mining is very hard right now. Some say that it is not profitable anymore. So I thought that is disavantage. I am sorry if I'm wrong. But thanks for the explanation. I guess I have to move to other crypto if I want to mine. Grin

I guess you know a lot about the Bitcoin system and people in it. I trust you, thanks for the information. Smiley

vafro

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:50:38 AM

Price tag fluctuations, manipulations, rumors, difficult forks and delicate forks, market dumps, sluggish transactions, large expenses. These are the negative factors arrived to my thoughts.
rosepetals

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:58:06 AM

Before it was the transaction time and fees. But I think it is getting fixed now.
The new problem would be on how it could be spread more or being legal to different countries.
Yes, there have been countries who made the next step into accepting it as a legal way of transaction but still those are just a few country out of many.
Right!! in our country only few knows about bitcoin and it really take some courage to tell people about it..because everybody thinks its a scam..not all people would adapt digital currency such as bitcoin..only positive minds did.

sheryl26

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:04:54 PM

Hi guys! May I know what you think is/are the biggest disadvantage/s of Bitcoin? Or cryptocurrency in general?

Thank you!

The bughest disadvantage for me, and it really threatens me as an individual. Is the fact that, bitcoins can be hacked because it is online, although it cannot be hacked yet but what if in the future something might happen? But let just all hope that nothings gonna happen to us. Because we all love bitcoins especially me because this is the one sustaining my daily needs. And aside from that I'm also thinking that the fact that bitcoins can drops which makes me panic sometimes but I know have full trust on bitcoins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.