Bitcoin Forum
December 14, 2017, 07:07:51 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin?  (Read 25015 times)
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 140

Next.Exchange - Decentralized Stock Market Exchang

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:09:59 AM

For me, it needs internet connection  and any smartphones. If your phone is on low battery or you have a crappy connection then it's very impossible to make a transaction. I'm still waiting for our local BTC ATM so this problem will be resolved.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
futile-resistance

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:56:29 AM

Hi guys! May I know what you think is/are the biggest disadvantage/s of Bitcoin? Or cryptocurrency in general?

Thank you!
I do not think bitcoin has many weaknesses, but it does have a bit of an obstacle to being accepted gracefully across the region, and also perhaps the slightest disadvantage is that bitcoin is not well known to many people.
In my opinion, it is just the beginning of an era of bitcoin. That is why it is not that much popular amongst the people and still there are so many people who are unaware of bitcoin. I think high transaction fee and tiring process is something which is creating a lot of troubles for those who are dealing with bitcoin. This is the thing which needs to be taken care of.

ArmorCeramicsOfficial

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:03:11 AM

The biggest disadvantage of Bitcoins is that Bitcoins are not widely accepted.  So, they are only accepted by a very small group of online merchants. That makes it unfeasible to completely rely on Bitcoins as a currency.  What is more, none can guarantee that your Bitcoin wallets can not be stolen or lost. If a hard drive crashes, or a virus corrupts data , and the wallet file is corrupted, Bitcoins have essentially been “lost”.
South Park

Activity: 546

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:56:53 PM

unstable price, total supply of bitcoin, legalization
sometimes many people loss their money cause of unstable price. total supply that limited make bitcoin can loss all coin (although it will increase the value). and many country not accepted, and not recognize to use bitcoin
People do not lose their money due to the volatility of bitcoin, they lose their money due to their own mistakes, if they were not trading their money away with no knowledge about trading then they could just hold their bitcoin and wait until things go back to normal, so that is not really bitcoin fault.

.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
mozillaspez

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:30:53 AM

As I can see to it the most significant disadvantages of bitcoin is we can't use it in acquiring commodities, products and exchange of solutions. Indicates no retailers available below even in my region and not yet legalized. Probably in the potential simply because a lot of factors to take into account. Also, the fluctuation of the value that tends to produce the bitcoin into modernazation and can not effortlessly be use by oldies.
Well I think as we know that day by day bitcoin users are going to increase so its mean people really like bitcoin around the world but I think a lot of people they are expecting his physical shape or logo although we know it’s a digital currency but I think there must be any logo or physical of bitcoin I think that can be a disadvantage of it.
There is not a single disadvantage of bitcoins it is made perfectly just for earning money in the least time so if you have heard and wrong words about bitcoins they are 100% not true the reality is that it is the most fastest way to earn money.

sheenshane

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:41:10 AM

There's some problem of bitcoin but not as biggest as well, legalization of all countries so that many store can adopt with by paying method. But years had pass I think this problem will solve.

Osarman

Activity: 518

DIMPAY: Invest for Tomorrow.Today.

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:50:48 AM

Hi guys! May I know what you think is/are the biggest disadvantage/s of Bitcoin? Or cryptocurrency in general?

Thank you!

Possibly the biggest disadvantage is that it relies on miners to transfer bitcoins and for a fee. This fee is not a set amount or a set percentage and could change over time. Fees could get very large as fewer coins are mined and miners rely almost completely on fees to make mining worth it.

I also think that tx fee is a great disadvantage due to not having a set mount or a set percentage as you say so the tendency of being expensive (as what happens now) would become a major hurdle especially in micro transactions.
The transaction fee is nothing compared to the profits we make from bitcoin. Bitcoin is not just a currency but also the most expensive and profitable investment at present. Transaction fees are nothing as compared to the speed at which transaction is being carried.

We should not be this much ungrateful. Before bitcoin many of us were not even having enough money to meet our needs.

resty

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:24:07 AM

Thank you!

The biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin is Lack of Security for Every Wallet, that's the only one problem since the begging until now no one can give an alternative option to make our wallet 100% safe.

Swinging Phallus

Patience is a virtue

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:31:57 AM

Thank you!

Possibly the biggest disadvantage is that it relies on miners to transfer bitcoins and for a fee. This fee is not a set amount or a set percentage and could change over time. Fees could get very large as fewer coins are mined and miners rely almost completely on fees to make mining worth it.

I also think that tx fee is a great disadvantage due to not having a set mount or a set percentage as you say so the tendency of being expensive (as what happens now) would become a major hurdle especially in micro transactions.
The transaction fee is nothing compared to the profits we make from bitcoin. Bitcoin is not just a currency but also the most expensive and profitable investment at present. Transaction fees are nothing as compared to the speed at which transaction is being carried.

We should not be this much ungrateful. Before bitcoin many of us were not even having enough money to meet our needs.

I completely agree with you on that, but for bitcoin being a functional currency - he has a point. The transaction fees and the times for each transaction hinder BTC's ability to be used as a legitimate currency. I feel because of this, BTC is only temporary. It was well noted by early developers surrounding bitcoin that it wouldn't be suitable for large scale. I feel the only reason BTC is in the forefront is because it is the foundation in which every other altcoin has grown upon. Like money being backed by gold (which unfortunately is all fiat now), Alts are backed by BTC.

AmXProX

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:39:41 AM

Thank you!

Biggest disadvantage is that it is decentralized no one is controlling it, and the biggest advantage is that is decentralized.

disadvantage in a way that prices change easily depending on the ones who's currently using it since right now less people knows about it high stakes holders can somehow control the price but imagine once it is accepted by most people by the time that mBTC has a good value on the exchange, it being decentralized will be an advantage. no bank can and will control it.

yishak

Activity: 182

VIABET.IO PRE-ICO | NOV 14

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:40:38 AM

Thank you!

I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is the way it has a high price but it is still not that popular or not properly accepted by stores. I think it is also because of the volatility of bitcoin. And also, it's transaction is so slow making the users irritated.
"it is still not that popular or not properly accepted by stores" Are you serious? Or are you mistaking bicoin for some altcoin. Bitcoin is widely known if you check some mainstream medias like Blomberg and CNN you will notice that bitcoin is mentioned about often. Bitcoin is also starting to get accepted in many stores both offline and online, there is even a government (vanatu) which accepts bitcoin for a citizenship payment. The only thing you are about is the transaction time and the fees

HiringYou

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:33:40 AM

Everything that have some advantages also have some disadvantages .Same is the case with Bitcoin.Bitcoin is online transaction system that is also used in darkweb i.e. it is used as a mode of payment for drugs, illegal ammunitions, ransoms etc.The other disadvantage can be its acceptance i.e. it is not accepted everywhere .It is need to be converted in a currency that is widely accepted.The third disadvantage can be its volatile nature due to which it's price keeps on fluctuating and people consider it as a bubble. The fourth disadvantage can be that it is  difficult to be accepted by government as the legal currency for financial transactions because government has no control over it .

▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████                                ▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄
    ▄███████▀▀   ▀▀██████                              ██████   ██████   ██████
   ▄██████▀        ██████                              ▀████▀   ▀████▀   ▀████▀
  ▐██████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
  ██████
 ▐██████
 ██████      ███████████▌    ████████▄▄       ▄███▌     ▄██████████ ███████████▌
▐██████      ███████████    ▐███   ▀███▌     ▄████▌     ███▌           ▐███
██████▌          ██████▌    ███▌    ███▌    ███▀███     ███            ███▌
██████▌          ██████    ▐███▄▄▄▄███▀    ███  ███    ▐█████████      ███
███████         ███████    ████▀▀▀███▄    ███   ███▌   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▐███
 ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▐███     ███  ▄██████████▌  ▐███            ███▌
  ▀████████████████▀      ███▌    ▐███ ▄███     ▐███  ███▌           ▐███
     ▀▀███████▀▀▀         ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀

║▮
║▮
║▮

▮║
▮║
▮║

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█

▄▄▄    ▄▄██▄▄
                   ██▀▀██████████
                  ██     ████████
                 ▐█▀      ▀████▀
   ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄██████████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████████████▄
▐██████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████   ▀██████▀   ███████████
 █████████▌    ██████    ██████████
  ▀██████████████████████████████▀
   ▀████████▀▀████████▀▀████████▀
     ▀███████▄        ▄████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
kupuku

Activity: 56

Crypterium Support

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:25:00 AM

Thank you!

I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is the way it has a high price but it is still not that popular or not properly accepted by stores. I think it is also because of the volatility of bitcoin. And also, it's transaction is so slow making the users irritated.
I'm with you on the first and the last, those are big problems for a bitcoin holder. You have money, but you can't spend it, what can be worse. Volatility in my opinion is a big disadvantage for world leading institutional investors but not ordinary users.

Crypterium Support
crypterium.io
Sled

Activity: 686

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:49:53 PM

Everything that have some advantages also have some disadvantages .Same is the case with Bitcoin.Bitcoin is online transaction system that is also used in darkweb i.e. it is used as a mode of payment for drugs, illegal ammunitions, ransoms etc.The other disadvantage can be its acceptance i.e. it is not accepted everywhere .It is need to be converted in a currency that is widely accepted.The third disadvantage can be its volatile nature due to which it's price keeps on fluctuating and people consider it as a bubble. The fourth disadvantage can be that it is  difficult to be accepted by government as the legal currency for financial transactions because government has no control over it .
I agree to the disadvantages that you say but to the volatility as a disadvantage then i am not agree with that because volatility is the reason why people are going into bitcoin and because of the volatility the price of bitcoin goes up pretty fast and why people like investors earns a lot of money because of the volatility and that is why it will never become disadvantage because that is how bitcoin is known for.

djsugar

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:57:36 PM

I agree to the disadvantages that you say but to the volatility as a disadvantage then i am not agree with that because volatility is the reason why people are going into bitcoin and because of the volatility the price of bitcoin goes up pretty fast and why people like investors earns a lot of money because of the volatility and that is why it will never become disadvantage because that is how bitcoin is known for.
That can be a one way to look at volatility. But volatility is something that is keeping merchants at bay. They are not willing to adopt bitcoin as means of payment and that is restricting its utility. Utility is the main driver of the demand. Investors are entering crypto market because of appreciating price that is  a result of increase in demand. This demand is in turn related to utility which is limited because of volatility.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▀                   
███████▀  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▀███████
███████  ███ ███ ████  ███████
███████  ███ ▄▄▄▄ ███  ███████
███████  ███ ████ ███  ███████
███████▄  ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀  ▄███████
                   ▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███
Make Bitcoin Great Again
◉ PRIVACY   ◉ SCALABILITY   ◉ BIG BLOCK SIZE
   ███
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
   ███
Smart ContractsLightening Network
Bigger Block ④  Zero-knowledge proof
   ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
Github
API
meanwords

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:47:08 PM

Probably the fee, it really hurts my wallet  Cry and ofcourse the volatility of the coin.

▂▂▃▃  TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCIES | INDEXES | FUNDS ▃▃▂▂
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬● BITOTAL.COM ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
░▒▓█ DEPOSIT BONUS | 0% TRADE FEES | WIDE COIN OFFER | EXCLUSIVE ICO'S █▓▒░
Iantot08

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:15:02 PM

For me the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin is the wallets Can Be Lost.
It a virus corrupts data , and the wallet file is corrupted, Bitcoins have essentially been “lost”. There is nothing that can done to recover it. These coins will be forever orphaned in the system. This can bankrupt a wealthy Bitcoin investor within seconds with no way form of recovery. The coins the investor owned will also be permanently orphaned. I know many risk but as I hope in a Bitcoin I trust.
Polar91

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:22:14 PM

Thank you!
I think the biggest disadvantage that I can see related with bitcoin cryptocurrency is its volatility that is making it hard for some of us to adopt with the price dump and make us panic and get worried. I also see that because bitcoin is part of the virtual world which is generated and operated online, it is limited to be used with internet connection. It is also hard to be accessed on rural countries since they still do not have the greatest capacity to have the modern technology on coming up to use and operate bitcoin usage.

▄███████████▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄        █████████████████    █████████████████▄        █████████████████    ▄██▀         ▀██▄
   ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄                           ██              ▀▀██                           ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄
  ██▀                ▀██▄                         ██                 ██                           ▀██▄       ▄██▀
 ██                    ██                         ██                  ██                            ▀██▄   ▄██▀
██▀                                               ██                   ██                             ▀██▄██▀
██                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██                   ██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▀█▀
██                           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ██                   ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▄
██▄                    ██                         ██                   ██                              ▄███▄
 ██                    ██                         ██                  ██                             ▄██▀ ▀██▄
  ██▄                ▄██▀                         ██                 ██                            ▄██▀     ▀██▄
   ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀                           ██              ▄▄██                           ▄██▀         ▀██▄
     ▀▀████████████▀▀        █████████████████    █████████████████▀        █████████████████  ▄██▀             ▀██▄

▄██████████████▄
   ▄████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████▄
 ▄████████████████████▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████▀
      ████████████
       ▀████████▀
        ▀██████▀
          ▀██▀

The 1st Ever Certified Blockchain
Based Diamond Exchange ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  █
  █

█
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ 
Kronos21

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:30:25 PM

Maybe people will think I'm abnormal but I think that the biggest drawback of bitcoin is the constant growth of its value. Now we can Memet a profit but what will happen then. If bitcoin will not be involved in the development of the real sector of the economy it will turn into a bunch of unsecured money. It will be a bubble which will bring together all the unsecured dollars and burst. May be this is the purpose of its creation?

sumangs

Activity: 154

My post are my own.

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:02:31 PM

Bitcoin is mainstream until now and the value keeps going up. Many people are happy on what happening to its value but they didn't know that there are disadvantages of bitcoin. Aside from non-reversible, the transaction fee is high and not applicable as a payment on some small price items in online stores. Making the transaction fee higher than the item itself. This is the disadvantage that doesn't benefit the community in my opinion.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.