Bitcoin Forum
December 16, 2017, 09:59:36 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin?  (Read 25027 times)
WannaCry

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:13:58 PM

Hi guys! May I know what you think is/are the biggest disadvantage/s of Bitcoin? Or cryptocurrency in general?

Thank you!

I think there is only one disadvantage that I can think of as of now, and that is the internet. Bitcoin uses internet mainly, so without it there will be no bitcoin transactions. I consider this as a limitation of bitcoin and other crypto currencies.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
reliable

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:05:02 PM

Hi guys! May I know what you think is/are the biggest disadvantage/s of Bitcoin? Or cryptocurrency in general?

Thank you!

Non refunded . So when you get Scammed you will loss your money and can’t be refunded like when send money by wrong

This is one of the concern that reversible transaction cannot happen and you need to be very careful in terms of using the btc address  while sending the btc from your wallet to another. Also there is an issue of trace ability as it is not at an easy task as it is said thought it also not impossible per say.

Isabella09

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 03:10:32 PM

Transaction on bitcoin between one person to other cannot be traced since one can have multiple wallet and each wallet can generate multiple receiving address. There is no kyc require to store crypto currency.

akablackhat

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:32:20 PM

Bitcoins Are Not Widely Accepted NOT RIGHT NOW.
Bitcoins are still only accepted by a very small group of online merchants. This makes it unfeasible to completely rely on Bitcoins as a currency. There is also a possibility that governments might force merchants to not use Bitcoins to ensure that users’ transactions can be tracked.
bristlefront

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:41:52 PM

Its biggest disadvantage is its price. The price is too big for each 1 bitcoin making it hard to use as a payment in some small business. Making business owners find another currency as a payment rather than bitcoin (e.g. ethereum).

▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■   Refereum   ■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬■▬▬
▪  ▪  ▪  ▪  ▪  Gamer driven marketing and rewards  ▪  ICO Starts NOVEMBER 13TH  ▪  ▪  ▪  ▪  ▪
WEBSITE  -  WHITEPAPER  -  FACEBOOK  -  TWITTER  -  TELEGRAM  -  REDDIT  -  BITCOINTALK
Tsugihara

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:56:06 PM

Bitcoin becomes very useful for criminals who want to hide the money from their crimes.
Bitcoin can also be abused by people who want to hide their income from the government. Not only in criminal acts, the most basic lack of Bitcoin also happens because of its unreal shape.
panganib999

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:21:25 PM

For me, the biggest drawback of crypto currency is that they can not be used without the Internet, without the Internet they simply do not represent any value.
One of the real disadvantage for me of bitcoin is that i cannot use it withouth the help of internet, i mean there is no problem with that, but what if other people don't have internet they cannot transact. There are still peopld who cannot afford to have internet. Also fees can be a disadvantage of bitcoin. Sometimes fees becomes so high.

▄▄█████▌▐█████▄▄
       ▄█████████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
     ▄███████████▌  ▄▄▄▄   ▀██▄
   ▄█████████████▌  ▀▄▄▀     ▀██▄
  ▐██████████████▌  ▄▄▄▄       ▀█▌
 ▐███████████████▌             ▀█▌
 ████████████████▌  ▀▀▀█         ██
▐████████████████▌  ▄▄▄▄         ██▌
▐████████████████▌  ▀  ▀         ██▌
 ████████████████▌  █▀▀█         ██
 ▐███████████████▌  ▀▀▀▀        ▄█▌
  ▐██████████████▌  ▀▀▀▀       ▄█▌
   ▀█████████████▌  ▀▀█▀     ▄██▀
     ▀███████████▌  ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀
       ▀█████████▌    ▄▄▄███▀
          ▀▀█████▌▐█████▀▀
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
      ▄▄▄
 ▄▄█████████▄▄
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   █▌▐█ █▌▐█
   █▌▐█ █▌▐█
 ▄███████████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄█████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████████
██▀▀█▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀
South Park

Activity: 546

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:25:44 PM

Many scammers and criminals are using bitcoin. This is why it makes bitcoin unsafe for other people. They will start to think that only hackers and scammers are using it.

If we can do something and prevent scammers using bitcoin. It would be much easier and it will be super safe.
It is impossible to make scammers stop using bitcoin, scammers love bitcoin because once they get the bitcoin there is not a way to get that money back, so one of the strong points of bitcoin to resist oppression from governments is being used to scam, it is disgusting.

.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
DamCryp

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:28:47 PM

Overall mainstream acceptance, there are still limitations in that sense. The fact that it's becoming an investment asset and many are avoiding spending them in hopes of a continued revaluation. BTC and Cryptos in general have way more advantages than regular Fiat, and these current "disadvantages" are temporary, I say 10 year and we'll see mass adoption, so "disadvantages" gone

DU18

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:45:33 PM

I think the biggest problem or disadvantage of bitcoin is I can't use bitcoin directly in a shop or market.I need to convert bitcoin to fiat first and them I can use it.Also I can't use bitcoin legally because government already banned bitcoin.So its always a risk for me to use bitcoin.I will be happy if bitcoin gets legal in my country and I can use it freely.

Cazemiro

Activity: 84

We Make revolution in gambling Industry - PlayBets

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 04:54:16 PM

Thank you!

Im my opinion the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin, and cryptocurrency in general, are the short life of tecnology. The people dont belive in somethink so new. They need to be prepare to use this tecnology.

PlayBets.io  •  Decentralized Platform with Mass Gambling Games  •  PlayBets.io
Closed Pre-Sale 15 December[JOIN NOW!]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ •  [FB]  ▬▬▬  [TW]  ▬▬▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [KC] • ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
doomloop

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:03:41 PM

May be.we know that everything has two side.Bitcoin has also.But not big.it has high price.it is just disadvantage.
Yeah this is the wise thinking because the bitcoin price and the income is going to be more high I hold the bitcoin and the income of the bitcoin will be more than this till the year will go to the end and on the other side it is chasing a lot of the time and if we are not having the money o invest we will get the little profit, bitcoin is getting high day by day it is the biggest advantage of the bitcoin.

CarnagexD

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:51:46 PM

Thank you!
For me just the delay of the transactions and the transactions fee but moreover there are no other because of that many transactions now are taking time to receive and sometimes it even take a day to receive that is the only disadvantages for me.
I know that bitcoin is a working progress, continues to improve it's services for each of every user. Maybe the thing that I can consider as a disadvantage of bitcoin is that sometimes for some certain services, the fees are to high that affects all of the users. And also another one is that sometimes the transactions comes in different time when will they drop new products.

▄▄█████▌▐█████▄▄
       ▄█████████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
     ▄███████████▌  ▄▄▄▄   ▀██▄
   ▄█████████████▌  ▀▄▄▀     ▀██▄
  ▐██████████████▌  ▄▄▄▄       ▀█▌
 ▐███████████████▌             ▀█▌
 ████████████████▌  ▀▀▀█         ██
▐████████████████▌  ▄▄▄▄         ██▌
▐████████████████▌  ▀  ▀         ██▌
 ████████████████▌  █▀▀█         ██
 ▐███████████████▌  ▀▀▀▀        ▄█▌
  ▐██████████████▌  ▀▀▀▀       ▄█▌
   ▀█████████████▌  ▀▀█▀     ▄██▀
     ▀███████████▌  ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀
       ▀█████████▌    ▄▄▄███▀
          ▀▀█████▌▐█████▀▀
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
▬◉▬
      ▄▄▄
 ▄▄█████████▄▄
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   █▌▐█ █▌▐█
   █▌▐█ █▌▐█
 ▄███████████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄█████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████████
██▀▀█▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀
Sanugarid

Activity: 195

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:06:44 PM

Thank you!

For me I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is that it has a unstable value that will lilely to make every money higher or sadly lower. These attidtude of bitcoin makes ot more risky of we didn't have any knowledge about how bitcoin used and how it will gonna do to our invested money.

▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ E i d o o ▬ your blockchain asset experience ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ " Token Sale Raised 82,372.33 ETH " ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ TwitterFacebook  ▰ BountyDiscussion ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 910

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:16:46 PM

Thank you!

Possibly the biggest disadvantage is that it relies on miners to transfer bitcoins and for a fee. This fee is not a set amount or a set percentage and could change over time. Fees could get very large as fewer coins are mined and miners rely almost completely on fees to make mining worth it.
I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is that bitcoin price is unstable. We cant predict if when the price gets lower or even when it gets higher. So i think thats it.
For now, this still seems as the only disadvantage one can really tag on bitcoin. The volatility is crazy and which is pretty normal since we are still in the level of adoption and we will keep seeing huge spikes either up or down until we have a balanced ratio. However, the instability may not be good for those who earn bitcoin but for investors, I do not see this as a problem.

Also, your last statement, not being able to predict the value of bitcoin against any other currency is normal for every other currency, so I do not see why or for that reason, it should be a disadvantage since we can absolutely not see the future anyway.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Ruggito

Activity: 241

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:17:08 PM

IMHO the big BTC's disadvantage is the absence of a clear path to scalability and of a clear governance in general. I think that in a fast moving and changing world one of the key competence is to facing in a right and effective way the issues that could happen (like eth did with the dao and the consequent first hf). I think that if something similar will happen to Btc (even if the code is much more stable etc etc) it will be more complex to react in a proper way (and in a proper time)

MyIdeas

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:27:05 PM

Most people would say the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is its fluctuating price which keeps going up and down everyday and I think most people would want to have a stable price rather than that. But in my opinion the biggest disadvantage for bitcoin would be because of its anonymity because some people would take advantage of it being anonymous and would use that part of bitcoin negatively.
- I think price fluctuations are not a disadvantage of bitcoin because this is a point that attracts investors and traders with bitcoin, if the price of bitcoin is stable, it will no longer attract and people can not earn money from it
- Anonymous, I do not think this is a big disadvantage for Bitcoin, many people still like bitcoin is anonymous, it suitable for a number of activities, such as gambling. I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is that the time to confirm the transaction is too long and the person who created the bitcoin disappeared, that would greatly affect the future of bitcoin
Haha! You badly need to get your facts straight. Bitcoin has no issue of anonymity rather the best privacy is provided by this currency and bitcoin is famous for its anonymous nature. This anonymous nature has scared many governments from declaring bitcoin legal in their states because in this way they will lose control over the properties of public. Bitcoin is decentralized and anonymous.

4new

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 12:35:48 AM

I think the two biggest disadvantages of bitcoin are:
1. Its sky high price, and
2. Lack of scalability as a platform on which future operations and networks can be built.
swordling143

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:50:26 AM

Thank you!

For me, the only big disadvantage of bitcoin and other crypto currency is the fact that they all need internet to be used. Have you ever noticed that? What will happen once the internet stops working globally, what will happen to our beloved bitcoin?

ajochems

Activity: 505

Bitcoin is the King

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:59:41 AM

Thank you!

For me I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is that it has a unstable value that will lilely to make every money higher or sadly lower. These attidtude of bitcoin makes ot more risky of we didn't have any knowledge about how bitcoin used and how it will gonna do to our invested money.

As like you many will said the price is an Disadvantage.But it is not so.Price of the bitcoin is volatile,so only the newbie or new person can inverse their money in bitcoin.Not only for them but also for me.I had invested in bitcoin when the price was at the value of 3100$.Week ago I had sell with 5800$ and got more dollar profit.This was due to price volatile.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.