Bitcoin Forum
December 16, 2017, 07:25:06 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin?  (Read 25027 times)
goku1525

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:15:43 PM

i think one of the disadvantage of bitcoin is acceptance and awareness about bitcoin. They dont accept bitcoin as payment because they are not aware what is bitcoin.

Because of this, people can’t use bitcoin that much. In my country, I don’t know of any store which accepts bitcoin. Hwoever, I think that it will soon be made avaible as a payment system. Bitcoin is becoming a lot popular and sooner or later the stores will have to provide bitcoin as a payment system. Come this day, bitcoin users will be able to spend it daily.
I agree, For me the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is that you cannot use it anywhere at offline places to buy anything directly with it and whenever I want to buy something. I have to sell it and convert it to fiat currency enables to used it on which involves fees and that is the reason I don't want to spend my bitcoins.

▌ ━━━ adbank │ a powerful online ad platform built on the blockchain ━━━  ▌
︽︾︽︾︽︾︽      WHITEPAPER     │    DECK      ︽︾︽︾︽︾︽
▌ ━━━  Pre-Register for Token Sale ━━━ ▌

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
upsidedown75

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:46:22 AM

so many bad things are circulating about bitcoin. whether it was deliberately spread or not. but, bitcoin is always a target of hackers who have a high ability to try to steal bitcoin. well, but many also say that bitcoin is used for bad business needs.
We both know that most of the bad things being circulated are mainly as a result of people trying to sabotage the idea it has brought and how it is going to affect their normal way they have been doing things. Also, hackers have always been rampant even before bitcoin and it is just normal to understand this and make use of secured ways to keep our assets safe.

███████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████
███████████████
████████
████████████████████
█████████
██████████████████
███████████████████████

lvincent

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:46:08 AM

Bitcoin has a  lot of disadvantages too like the volatility of bitcoin it's like a double edge sword that can cause loss or profit to an individual and the way that bitcoin can't be used offline it's a disadvantages too. And now a lot of countries are banning bitcoin that results to decreasing of potential investor anf there are lot more i can't tell which is the biggest disadvantage but still even with this disadvantages bitcoin still really reliable for me..

The future of money has arrived   ═══▌▌     TRUCKCOIN     ▐▐═══   For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
  ICO starts of Dec 1st, 2017  》     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
═════════════════════════     Powered by GoldenHill International     ═════════════════════════
putrii

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:30:34 AM

Hi guys! May I know what you think is/are the biggest disadvantage/s of Bitcoin? Or cryptocurrency in general?

Thank you!

weakness terbaesar bitcoin is in terms of transaction costs of bitcoin delivery is very expensive, if the price is more expensive then the transaction costs will come to be expensive I hope the cost of sending bitcoin can be cheap.

▰       IDEX       ▰       Ethereum’s First High-Performance Decentralized Exchange
▨ ▬▬▬▬▬   State Channel Speed with On-Chain Settlement   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▨
JOIN THE TOKEN SALE   ▨   START TRADING INSTANTLY   ▨   BOUNTY   ▨   TELEGRAM
ajiejot

Activity: 126

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:40:36 AM

The biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is being with the users of bitcoin, because some of bitcoin users don't know how to use bitcoin or make their wallet safe and it can be vulnerable to hackers. Bitcoin users should be responsible on their wallet and transactions.

sumanto

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:03:49 AM

Hi guys! May I know what you think is/are the biggest disadvantage/s of Bitcoin? Or cryptocurrency in general?

Thank you!

the weakness of bitcoin is as a money launderer from crime as last month I heard there was a wancry virus that requested ransom in bitcoin form and could not get who the owner of the bitcoin address was.

▰       IDEX       ▰       Ethereum’s First High-Performance Decentralized Exchange
▨ ▬▬▬▬▬   State Channel Speed with On-Chain Settlement   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▨
JOIN THE TOKEN SALE   ▨   START TRADING INSTANTLY   ▨   BOUNTY   ▨   TELEGRAM
Visbay

Activity: 310

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:20:24 AM

the disadvantage of bitcoins Are Not Widely Accepted, Bitcoins are still only accepted by a very small group of online merchants, This makes it unfeasible to completely rely on Bitcoins as a currency, There is also a possibility that governments might force merchants to not use Bitcoins to ensure that users’ transactions can be tracked.
Not being widely accepted is not even a big disadvantage, cause I can see that despite the fact that it is not being widely accepted it is still progressing heavily. So let’s count that one off the list. If I’m to mention disadvantages, I will mention network fees, yes I’m not even the only.one that will say, cause I’m very sure that most of the people here will say the same thing.

Nobody likes the fees we pay for transaction, it all used to be free and fast, but now it is expensive and slow at the same time.
- Actually I do not think the network fees is a big disadvantage because if the time to confirm the transaction quickly, high fees is also something that we can accept, however, what we are getting is a high fee but the time to confirm the transaction is very long, sometimes the transaction is delayed and we need to wait for a few hours, days, even weeks. In addition, the price of bitcoin is rising very high, many countries do not receive taxes from bitcoin, they are gradually want to ban bitcoin, not accepted by the government, this is also a disadvantage to making bitcoin slow popular and develop
I think there are two disadvantages of bitcoin first thing is that bitcoin is only working through internet when you have internet so it will work but if you don’t have internet it will not work secondly bitcoin has no physical shape and the users want to see the physical shape of bitcoin because they love bitcoin and they want to fell bitcoin.

congresowoman

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:56:50 AM

so many bad things are circulating about bitcoin. whether it was deliberately spread or not. but, bitcoin is always a target of hackers who have a high ability to try to steal bitcoin. well, but many also say that bitcoin is used for bad business needs.
We both know that most of the bad things being circulated are mainly as a result of people trying to sabotage the idea it has brought and how it is going to affect their normal way they have been doing things. Also, hackers have always been rampant even before bitcoin and it is just normal to understand this and make use of secured ways to keep our assets safe.
Aside from hackers there are these people who take advantage of other peoples needs. These people are called scammers. They make campaigns or ghost campaigns or release new shitcoins only to get investments and take it for themselves. People will register to campaigns and not get paid at all. They are hoping to earn bitcoins. But scammers will make a way to use people fpor their own.

yanazeke

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:13:54 AM

Thank you!

I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is the way it has a high price but it is still not that popular or not properly accepted by stores. I think it is also because of the volatility of bitcoin. And also, it's transaction is so slow making the users irritated.
and also we cannot use bitcoin as a means of payment in some stores,  because bitcoin are not widely  accepted as an alternative currency. and there are some peole who use bitcoin in bad things like online scamming etc.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:45:03 AM

I think bitcoins biggest disadvantage according to me is that bitcoin is totally dependent  on Internet means if you do not have a stable Internet connection one can not do the bitcoins job.  Bitcoin storage, bitcoin mining,  bitcoin transfer,  bitcoin transaction all are dependent on Internet.  Without all this is impossible.  So I think this is the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin.  Bitcoins other disadvantages is that transaction are nit dependent on banks or third party so the person is not answerable to anyone regarding his expenditure of bitcoin and this is threatened,  that person can may use money for making bombs or for doing illegal activities.  These online transactions can make the chances of transfer of information from one place to other people may do the wrong activities by it.  People can do hacked the bitcoins users account as all these are based on Internet as stealing online is bit easy than physical money stealing.
goaldigger

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:54:46 AM

If there is something with a great advantage , there are also be dis advantages. Bitcoin or cryptocurrency is being popular nowadays. It is because its almost a hundred percent earnings unlike other investments. But what is its disadvantages, for me, its volatility and involvement on cyberspace. Technology is vast that it should sometimes be afraid of.  There are many things that will happen online including hack and scams. I think it is the worst disadvantage of this.

King Sastro

Activity: 392

Crypterium -Digital Mobile Cryptobank For Everyone

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:39:35 AM

I think the bitcoin disadvantages are too complicated to be used directly, the old confirmation time is also a serious problem so I hope there are developers who want to fix about it.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
Eternu

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:46:05 AM

That would be purely subjective opinion, but lets think for a bit. From my point of view one of biggest disadventage of Bitcoin would be not being material. His electronic form make a lot of things easy, but most of people like to have something that they can see and feel. Another disadventage would be, Bitcoin is hard to follow as transactions. That makes it perfect for crime. But all things which I can say that they are bad, its what makes Bitcoin Bitcoin.

███████████████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████
███████████████
████████
████████████████████
█████████
██████████████████
███████████████████████

BaraxLo

Activity: 470

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:17:27 AM

Thank you!
I think the only disadvantage bitcoin has is the altcoins and the new ICOs of coins. Many new coins coming to market attracts people towards its prediction and most of them are a big loss. This reduces the investment in bitcoin.

Most of the people thing that new coins will pump up very quick and they will get huge profit and invest in them but this investment should be done in bitcoin as bitcoins is a stable currency and also the most valued on and no other currency can take its place.

▄█▄
            ▄█ ▀█▀
     ▄ ▄███▄▄████▄▀ ▄▄▀▄
    ▀█▄████
██████▀▄█████▀▄▀
   ▄█▀▄
███████████████████▄
 ▄██▀█▀
▀▀▀███▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▀█▀▄
 ▄█▀▀   ▀█
███▀▄████████ █▀█▄▄
██▀  ▀ ▀ ▀
██████████▄   ▄▀▀█▄
     ▀ ▀
  ███▀▀▀▀▀████▌ ▄  ▀
          ████████████▌   █
        █████████████▀
        ▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀
           ▀▀  ▀▀
BTC-GREEN       ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄██████████████▄
  ▄██████
██████████████▄
 ▄███
███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Ecological Community in the Green Planet
❱❱❱❱❱❱     WHITEPAGE   |   ANN THREAD     ❰❰❰❰❰❰
           ▄███▄▄
       ▄▄█████████▄
      ▄████████████▌
   ▄█████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████
███████████████▄
▄████████████████████▀
███████████████████████▀
 ▀▀██████▀██▌██████▀
   ▀██▀▀▀  ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ██
           ██▌
          ▐███▄
NovaNewbium

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:30:04 AM

For me the disadvantage is that a lot of criminals use bitcoin also. This means that the government will take actions because of this to bitcoin. We need to stop it before they take actions.

If we can to this we can secure bitcoin and it will rise up.

rainezerr

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:43:13 AM

In my own opinion there is no advantage in bitcoins but if you are going to work here in this forum and you want to earn money monthly then its not possible because the payouts on every campaign is delayed.
But still it was acceptable because they are paying a good amount of value unlike on working in a day job.

Rakibislam

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:45:38 AM

I also have the same opinion with you. One of the problems of Bitcoin in particular and Cryptocurrency in general is the fluctuation.
hi-men

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:47:32 AM

From the beginning, there is one big disadvantage for bitcoin and other cryptocurrencis - the internet. Governments control the internet via providers. And they could damage bitcoin if they want with some restrictive laws, not only banning. Bitcoin's future is connected with internet freedom overall.
sariz12

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:47:42 AM

Thank you!
For me ,I think the disadvantages from bitcoin is the slow block of bitcoin makes the transaction will be take a lot of the time to be confirmed, and a lot of the greedy politician try to dominate the bitcoin. You can see the blocksize debate and that will never be ended in my opinion.
Karmakid

Activity: 322

📌 peerguess.com 📌

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:53:57 PM

Maybe the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is the slow transaction of bitcoin and high fee. Also the disadvantage of bitcoin is the legalization of it. Some country didn't allow bitcoin they even ban bitcoin for users inside their country.

peerguess.     the application for the entire community!
  ANN Thread Website Whitepaper Bounties Twitter
.    Our ICO
   starting soon
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.