Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:44:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Counter ETH/BTC cycle coins with potential?  (Read 327 times)
Supercell (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:14:21 PM

It seems that a lot of alt coins exaggerate the movements of the big two - BTC and ETH.
Case in point at time of writing, ETH down 2.85% and STAT down 10%

I was wondering if there are any coins people would recommend that follow their own path or even are counter cyclical to the big two?
GRS for example seems to be following its own path though volume is relatively tiny on Bittrex (though large enough on the Chinese BTC100)

Anyone have recommendations to weather the pre SegWit downturn or invest in during ETH/BTC downturns?
Of course USDT is an option but it carries opportunity cost as well i suppose.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
currypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 135

Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 06:49:27 PM

Hm, that's a good idea, but I don't think it's really applicable here. Bitcoin/currencies are not necessarily cyclical (it's very possible for constant rise or constant value of zero) though so I think this train of thought will not get you anywhere.

I think a better question is: what coins are not affected by Bitcoin price?

To me I think any coin that has actual function and real world use will not be affected much.

Blue trade

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:50:33 PM

Shift.
Supercell (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:58:37 PM

Hm, that's a good idea, but I don't think it's really applicable here. Bitcoin/currencies are not necessarily cyclical (it's very possible for constant rise or constant value of zero) though so I think this train of thought will not get you anywhere.

I think a better question is: what coins are not affected by Bitcoin price?

To me I think any coin that has actual function and real world use will not be affected much.

Thanks currypto, thats very valid, I guess thats what I was getting at, you just expressed it better than me!
Any speculative recommendations?
currypto

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 07:06:21 PM

I think any coin right now would be good to invest in, as the pumpers have dumped. We are at a nice "ground zero" so pick one...hehe

Georgos

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:16:32 PM

Do not look for the unique unicorn, it does not exist, or everyone would have found it. What I rather suggest you is to invest in an altcoin you believe in, and take the chance of the great dump that occured today to buy finally some coins of this altcoin.
TravelMug

Activity: 2618
Merit: 832

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:40:44 PM

Yeah. Just buy altcoins now because almost of them are down. This is the perfect opportunity I wouldn't recommend what coins to buy but instead make your own judgement. Only coin that attracts me most though is LTC, however it also seems to follow the path of BTC/ETH now. So just study the coins you like and make the final decision whether to get it or not.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Supercell (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:36:56 PM

Thanks, wish all my crypto wasnt looking red today, should have put some in USDT for days like this, lesson learned
currypto

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 09:16:07 PM

I recommend then you hold. You will make your money back, and even a bit more. But you will have to be patient and trade with your head, not your heart.

apur688

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:38:16 AM

In my opinion, the eth / btc pair is the best thing. Both are top altcoins with fantastic prices. Both prices are relatively stable, each having its own platform, market, and exchanger.

Everyone in the world has tried and invested both ethereum and bitcoin. So it's the best business. But do not be careless if you try to invest, because it can make you big loss. So much for my opinion. thank you

✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ Seasonal Tokens ✣ ▌✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣
█ ✣ ▌PROTECT YOUR FUNDS AND GROW YOUR WEALTH OVER TIME ▌✣ █
www.seasonaltokens.org
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:50:04 AM

In my opinion everything in crypto market is linked to each other and the overall market volume, if the volume keeps increasing then the price will grow and if it keeps decreasing that is happening at the momembt, prices will go down.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: