Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:47:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of the ICO Ecosystem  (Read 531 times)
nevadasauce (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:25:13 PM

I've noticed that the ICO space has really heated up the past few months. A lot of the discussion has been about specific ICO's, and I want to focus this thread on the larger effects this is having on the crypto space and business in general (competition, regulation, etc.). Here's my two cents: It seems like a lot of the recent ICO's are trying to cash in on a craze without providing anything new or unique to the world. They are creating excessive competition over unnecessary tokens. Does everyone realize the benefits, or lack thereof, of the technology they are investing in? Is it possible this is hindering cooperation across the crypto community?

I do believe in the future there will be more pseudo-ICO's built on a hybrid platform, combining other internet services with cryptocurrencies. Crowdfunding is a great example of this, but also social networking in general. For instance, this thread considers the possibility of funding brick-and-mortar retail stores or restaurants with cryptos. How can we adapt ICO's in the future to meet these market needs?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:33:43 PM

ICOs are like scratch tickets, regardless of having a new idea behind them; they're shiny, offer the posibility of quick profits and they only really make money for the issuing company.

And people don't care about the math behind them, they just blindly buy them if they like the cover.

Not your keys, not your coins!
ColorlessK

Activity: 686
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 12:05:39 AM

I've seen lately a lot of companies that made ICO's like some kind of public IPO's where people simply bought shares in the forms of tokens and participated in the profits and sometimes, depending on how much they owned, on the board of directors, so perhaps this might be one of the directions that crypto is moving towards, a new decentralized, crowdfunded Venture Capital Fund.

H  Y  V  E
WORK
REDEFINED.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
[][]█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LAUNCH APP
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BUY $HYVE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
nevadasauce (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:34:57 PM

I've seen lately a lot of companies that made ICO's like some kind of public IPO's where people simply bought shares in the forms of tokens and participated in the profits and sometimes, depending on how much they owned, on the board of directors, so perhaps this might be one of the directions that crypto is moving towards, a new decentralized, crowdfunded Venture Capital Fund.

Yes, that's similar to what I was thinking. It'll be interesting to see how the VC scene will shift once people start trusting in cryptos for this kind of stuff.
Senkuli

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:26:29 AM

ICO is actually just the average of all the average projects must use ico as their communication tool to the users and investors who come in,
Without any ico they may have trouble funding and promotion to the investors so this is something alternativ for the new project now
JohnPotterPlpl

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 07:19:18 AM

ICO is great way of funding.. people give as much as they want and no1 is damaged for a lot if scam comes up.. too bad people abuse it a lot Sad
Hope those ppl wont destroy others will to help in projects.
Trnsmssn

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:34:29 PM

Even though some people saying that ICO is exactly as IPO, but personally I think crowdfunding is more appropriate. I know with the crypto society the modern thing is decentralization, but with that a lot of scam  come to please.  And I have a feeling like ico pretty soon will come down to subject of regulation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: