Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:06:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin used for its actual purpose  (Read 371 times)
Cheyenne

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:49:57 AM

Indeed, in countries where inflation is high, bitcoin is likely to be a new means of payment, replacing their country's legal currency.
But for now, bitcoin transfers are too expensive, not fast enough to be used for small payments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
welljo0108

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:23:55 AM

Where in world are people actually using BTC for purchase vs rest of us who invest and trade.
i know there are small business in USA like coffee shops for now
also know in Venezuela since their currency crashed people buying things amongst each other using BTC
where else in world is it being used as a currency?
When u have btc u can used it for any purpose like paying payment ,buying online shopping, also.
Granslam

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:37:11 AM

Bitcoin is a very good by means of medium during exchanges and transactions because it is more flexible than fiat currency. Bitcoin is a hassle free when used in transactions such as send and receiving money with just a click and slide on your smartphone or computer you can do it. Well it is created to be a currency and not an asset at all though it has a high value .
yuyuchain

Activity: 102
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:45:08 AM

Bitcoin has not been actually used in my country and is even banned.
altcointalk14

Activity: 751
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:51:53 AM

Where in world are people actually using BTC for purchase vs rest of us who invest and trade.
also know in Venezuela since their currency crashed people buying things amongst each other using BTC
When u have btc u can used it for any purpose like paying payment ,buying online shopping, also.
Share in gold mine.We're going  in Yukon, Canada, and a local gold mine, which participation private investors. The units can be bought with the Bitcoin. Maybe not a bad investment?
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 08:04:52 AM

In Japan bitcoin is a currency where you could use it as an alternative for fiat, if you don't have money but you have bitcoin, then you don't have to worry getting yourself starve to death because bitcoin is always there for you. How I wish that we could use it globally if we don't have fiat but it seems like too good to be true right now since not all of the Government are pleased by bitcoin.
barneystinson

Activity: 103
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:44:18 AM

Hello, in my country bitcoin is used as a form or remittance for people who wants to send money to their relatives. It is also used to pay for a particular convenience store.
We also have affiliate businesses where you can pay the usual commodity like water and electricity bill using bitcoin.

█████ █████  ██ MOBILINK-COIN ██  █████ █████
▬ FIRST DECENTRALIZED MOBILE SERVICE TELECOM COMPANY ▬ (https://mobilink.io/)
buhuchain

Activity: 100
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:31:07 AM

Look at the news as if countries have accepted the use of bitcoin online shopping, hotel reservations, bitcoin transactions.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:36:48 AM

I don't think bitcoin is largely used for its actual purpose of online transaction because even myself consider bitcoin as an asset or investment rather than being used as a currency.But in my country also it is not accepted anywhere as a mode of payment.Only I can buy product through online shopping like Amazon.But I have used bitcoin for buying digital good from overseas traders for my mining purpose but I don;t use bitcoin in regular basis only I am holding my bitcoins.
ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:37:20 AM

Here in our country, we already have a number of establishments and merchants that accepts Bitcoin as a mode of payment for their foos products and services. Also in Japan, Bitcoin is widely accepted as a currency already.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
yana0901

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:31:22 PM

The goal of bitcoin is to become a currency, which will be used absolutely everywhere. All you can and she can not?
dewi91

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:31:20 PM

in my country especially in Bali, bitcoin use as a payment at a local store but unfortunately, I don't have the experience about this and maybe later if I am visiting Bali, I will take the chance to pay a cup of coffee with bitcoin. but in the rest city, I don't think that bitcoin is used as the payment. but personally, I use bitcoin to withdraw to fiat and sometimes I used bitcoin to buy electricity tokens with bitcoin. I heard in Jogjakarta, bitcoin is used as a payment for a coffee but unfortunately, I cannot find that cafe.

but to used bitcoin as a payment is illegal right? as far as I know the government prohibit the use of bitcoin, the government will give a warning to anyone who uses bitcoin as payment, although bitcoin is not banned in our country but we can't use bitcoin to transaction. and maybe now the store you mean is no longer receiving bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: