Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:47:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin discussions everywhere.  (Read 4514 times)
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 04:16:57 PM

Its killing me, there are 30 new coins per day, and all of them have equal rights to post, as we take a neutral stance on the coins themselves. And then people complain that they need to be moderated, but if I moderate the coins they they support, then I get yelled at (plus I don't have the right to moderate the majority of them) and it just continues.

Right now I'm just hoping that they will become less profitable soon, so the crowd will die down a little, but in case that doesn't happen, we are working on ideas on how to manage.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
huggybear

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 04:17:14 PM

I agree it is sencelees to make a child board for each alt coin but i see absolutely no reason why you don't support
subforums such as "marketplace" "mining".The argumentation against this possibility is weak.
Yes, maybe its more work but i'm sure that anyone would help you out.
Who would be disadvantaged with this solution? I think this forum policy is dubious.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:29:51 PM

I agree it is sencelees to make a child board for each alt coin but i see absolutely no reason why you don't support
subforums such as "marketplace" "mining".The argumentation against this possibility is weak.
Yes, maybe its more work but i'm sure that anyone would help you out.
Who would be disadvantaged with this solution? I think this forum policy is dubious.

The forum policy is way less dubious than 99% of the alt coins out there Roll Eyes
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1622

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 10:55:59 PM

Regardless of what you do as a forum policy, moving the altcoin threads out of the bitcoin mining subforum has made it much easier for me to actually provide support for people looking for help mining actual bitcoin. Whether I choose to help altcoin miners or not is secondary for me based on time, whereas I actually do want to help people trying to mine bitcoin. I'm sure it's the same for most other people who primarily care about bitcoin.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
enric

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 08:24:23 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2013, 08:59:32 PM by enric

I think that the bitcoin community has the responsability to posicionate itself including in a better space in the forum the really innovative, community supported and complementary coins and take distance from the others (lost projects, pump amb dump, scam, premined etc...)

So i think that is not difficult to consens that there some coins that are complementary to bitcoin and have innovations and real community suport:

At first first level:
litecoin
namecoin

at a second level:
ppcoin
devcoin
freicoin

and no more, until other coins demonstrate long time, huge communitary support.

Every one of this real cryptocurrencies, have their own forum (perhaps except devcoin?) but not exist a forum to talk about the real cryptocurrencies as a group related to bitcoin.

But i think that a at the current moment its pretty important to think and create about technical innovation and public outreach, not only for bitcoin (in competition with other real crytocurrencies?)  but bitcoin & other real alts.  So we need a common space for bitcoin & and other real cryptos. and the better space is this, bitcointalk as the more consolidated forum...

At the sime time that Dollar, euro, pounds, pesos, yen, yuan ruble...etc its the cluster of the fiat money and their technical and organization its useful for all the cluster (central banks, ATM, credit cards, etc...)
Our technical organization as a cluster of p2p& crypto currencies needs to be useful for all the cluster.

So, I propose to rethinking bitcoin talk & other  cryptocurrencies.

perhaps a subforum in "other" section could be:
- Bitcoin & Other real cryptocurrencies (litecoin, namecoin, ppcoin, devcoin, freicoin)

And inside (child forums like mining project development, etc...)

and alternative cryptocurrencies subforum, could be abandoned or just make and advice/above post saying:
"bitcoin talk itself not responsible of the content of this subforum"

just my opinion!  Smiley
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1622

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 10:55:43 AM

Regardless of what you do as a forum policy, moving the altcoin threads out of the bitcoin mining subforum has made it much easier for me to actually provide support for people looking for help mining actual bitcoin. Whether I choose to help altcoin miners or not is secondary for me based on time, whereas I actually do want to help people trying to mine bitcoin. I'm sure it's the same for most other people who primarily care about bitcoin.

Half the people mining litecoin care primarily about bitcoin. But, what's this about putting miners of other currencies last? I mean, it's your right to do so, don't get me wrong, but it seems kind of... well, shitty, for lack of a better word, to say, "I'll help bitcoin miners no matter what, but if you're mining another currency, no, you go to the back of the line. I'll get there if I have time."
I do things for bitcoin because I believe in it and wish to make a profit - I am not a big time miner, I'm a developer primarily. I do things for litecoin only for profit - if the donations went away, I'd drop support for it in a flash. Ironically, that's what most miners do with litecoin but won't freely admit it. Telling me what I should care about is what I'd call shitty. Passing judgement on someone for not caring about what you care about is a bit rich.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:59:59 AM

Well then, I'm glad I donated you two litecoins that day Tongue . Reason I mine ltc, the btc diff is to high for just two gpu's & plus I can throw my processor @ ltc mining. Lets hope you don't drop ltc support Smiley .

Edit: I think btc mining is for the big boys, now.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: