Bitcoin Forum
December 18, 2017, 09:52:21 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think is a disadvantage bitcoin has?  (Read 9515 times)
finzyoj

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:19:36 AM

I believe one of bitcoin most common and hated disadvantage is the fee when sending or recieving bitcoin. What do you think?
Yes I believe in that, the fees are the most annoying one when it becomes on sending and receiving bitcoins. But another fact that any moment the bitcoin can collapse and all of our funds and investments will disappear, that's worst I hope that day would never happen.

Yes i agree with one of the most common disadvantage of bitcoin is the fees. And also i think the other disadvantage of bitcoin is the posibility to disappear without getting any incentives to your bitcoin balance in your wallet. I thought that is the worst disadvantage of bitcoin that i ever know. Thats why i did not no longer leave alone my bitcoin in my wallet for the assurance of not lossing my money.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Avametra

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:37:39 AM

Most of all I do not like in bitcoin - these are too high fees. Because of this, it is advisable to use it only for major purchases. Also I do not like the panic around him and the price drop.

nidacoinlove

★Jetwin.com★

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 12:33:28 PM

Most of all I do not like in bitcoin - these are too high fees. Because of this, it is advisable to use it only for major purchases. Also I do not like the panic around him and the price drop.
Yup the biggest disadvantage that I see about the bitcoin is it's transaction fee. You will have to pay fees on each and every transaction no matter whatever the volume maybe. Irrespective of this I don't see any huge disadvantage of the bitcoin. The transaction fee is always been a problem here, each the time you can't afford to pay a transaction fee. Which you have been charged once already, this is one of the reasons making hindrances for bitcoin to be used as a currency like fiat in the local businesses. If the fee issues are sorted out the number of bitcoin users can increase easily.

Kotone

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:40:44 PM

The disadvantage of using bitcoin is when you accidentally erase one letter of your bitcoin address and then send it you can't even take them back once you already sent it also the ones i problem is the transaction fee its getting bigger for every transaction i made. And theres no other disacvantage with bitcoin

Lady Coquet

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:44:13 PM

I believe one of bitcoin most common and hated disadvantage is the fee when sending or recieving bitcoin. What do you think?
Yes your right the only disadvantage that bitcoin has is it's fees but it's not a big deal. Because still bitcoin has an advantage that it can make a person rich when he started to work in bitcoin and you will don't mind about the fees when you get rich with bitcoins.

esatceza

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:28:15 PM

Yes. It is a disadvantage of Bitcoin. Besides, its disadvantage is the popularity. Actually Bitcoin is not popular and less well known. Therefore, in some places we can not use Bitcoin. Finally, the disadvantage of Bitcoin is that the transaction time is too long

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄ 
░░░░░░░▄███▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄▐██
░░░░░▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
░░░░██▀░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░██████
░░░██▀░░░░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
░░██▀░░░░██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
██▌░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░██
▐█▌░░░░██░░░░░░████░░░░░░██
██▌░░░██░░░░▐█░░████░░█▌░░░░██
██▌░░░██░░░░██▐████▌██░░░░██░░░░██▌
░░░░░░██░░░░██░▐████▌░██░░░░██░░░░██▌
░░░░░░██░░░░▐██▐█▌▐█▌██▌░░░░██░░░░██▌
░░░░░░░██░░░░▐███▌▐███▌░░░░██░░░░▐██
░░░░░░░░██▄░░░░██░░██░░░░▄██░░░░░██▌
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀░░░░░░██▀
░░░░██████░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░██▌▀▀███▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄███▀
░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

|   
Dainye_dyep

Activity: 163

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:24:07 PM

fee is only temporary they will fix that, not a disadvantage, a disadvantage is something that cannot be fixed, like for example fungibility, when bitcoin are tainted
True ,,but the thing the waiting time of transactions , it may lead us to starving if we all forum users were totally dependent on bitcoin profit, it takes weeks or even month before you can able to trade coins that you earned from campaigns, faucets and anything, the instability of price were sooner or later pump again but for me , waiting time for tradings were quite long.

Silberman

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:42:55 PM

Beside the bitcoin is very easily lost and stolen, bitcoin currency is not controlled by the government so that its free use is done by criminals such as money laundering or drug transactions. So. many people who do not know about bitcoin think that this currency is illegal.
That is not bitcoin fault, if people decide to do evil things with bitcoin then the people are the evil ones,  it is like blaming a car because there was an accident in which someone died because the person driving was drunk, the person at fault was the one that was driving not the car and the same logic applies to bitcoin, bitcoin is a tool and nothing more.

███████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████
███████████████
████████
████████████████████
█████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████

Pelekus

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:56:48 PM

Actually if there is one, it is its transactions fees. Hopefully this is a bit better with SegWit, but still, it only partially solved the problem.
matanglawin

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:04:17 PM

I believe that the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin its lack of stability in terms of its value. Pumps and dumps make it more volatile, that there are times that its value is high and there are also times wherein its value is low or dipping. Some people hates it and some likes it. Those people who hates it probably are holders that are aiming to sell their wealth. And those who likes it are holders and investors that are taking advantage of the dumps to buy Bitcoin of those who are panic selling and sell it when there's pumps.

keeee

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:44:58 PM

Even if bitcoin is widely known we can comsider the fact that it jas also weaknesses. First of all the number one problem in bitcoin is that it has high transaction fee. But I hope that will be fix for the improvement of bitcoin soon.

Babyrica0226

Activity: 238

MGF Presale starts on 15th of Novem

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:36:24 AM

as far as I can see, bitcoin for me has no any disadvantages. Even though others saying that bitcoin has a large transaction charges. But it doesn't matter if the charge was too high just important is it gives us good profit and savings to our future.

yadi cihuy

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:54:04 AM

I think you are right .. the bitcoin deposit charge made me lose some of my bitcoin. Every bitcoin transaction will be charged. I do not like it all. Expensive fee for all transactions. Even bitcoin is a simple transaction. But always bebani by expensive fees

◨▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◧   HACKEN   ◨▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◧
■  DEDICATED CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR WHITE HAT HACKERS  ■  TOKEN SALE - END of OCTOBER  ■
◨◧   Website   ▪   White paper   ▪   Facebook   ▪   Twitter   ▪   Medium   ▪   Bitcointalk   ▪   Telegram    ◨◧
Chachacoin17

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:00:54 AM

I think you are right .. the bitcoin deposit charge made me lose some of my bitcoin. Every bitcoin transaction will be charged. I do not like it all. Expensive fee for all transactions. Even bitcoin is a simple transaction. But always bebani by expensive fees

Well that's part of the currency business that charges of btc to btc wallet transactions particularly transfer of funds may charged of,  but don't worry it wont deminish your btc amount. Another disadvantages is the volatility of bitcoin price value it may drop fast and rises fast at anytime which causes panic to investors. Holding is the best idea in order to gain profit.

Meowth05

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:23:57 AM

That' true, along the increasing price of bitcoin the fees are growing too. It's unfortunate for you if you have small amount of fund in your wallet. Aside from fee, its anonymousity itself the disadvantage because many notorious people are using it in wrong way. However, in my case I am a student, meaning I could not focus in my study if I using it.

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄███▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀███▄
     ▄██▀▀ ▄▄████████████▄▄ ▀▀██▄
    ██▀ ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄ ▀██
   ██▀ ██████▀          ▀██████  ██
  ██  █████▀         ▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ██
██▀ █████  ▄▄▄██████████████████  ██
▐██  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ██▌
███ ▐███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄     ███
▐██  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀ ██▌
███ █▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀██████████████ ▄██
  ██▄ █████▄              ▄█████ ▄██
   ███ ▀██████▄▄      ▄▄██████▀ ▄██
    ▀██▄ ▀▀█████████████████▀ ▄██▀
      ▀███▄  ▀▀████████▀▀▀ ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
eSports.com

██                  
                   ██                  
                   ██                  
                   ▀▀                  
         ▄▄████▄▄      ▄▄█████▄        
     ▄▄██▀▀    ▀▀███▄███▀    ▀▀██▄▄    
     ██     ▄      ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ██    
     ██  ▄███▄        ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄  ██▌   
    ▐█▌  ▀█████▀       ██   ██  ▐██   
    ██    ▀█▀            ███     ██   
   ▐██           ▄    ▄           ▐█▌  
   ██         ▄███    ▀██▄         ██  
   ██      ▄███▀        ▀███▄      ██  
   ██▄   ▄██▀              ▀██▄   ▄██  
    ▀████▀▀                   ▀████▀   
█   █
█ █ 
█ █ █

█ █ █
  █ █
█ █ 
█   █
█ █ █
  █ █
freeyourmind

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:39:53 AM

I would say the amount of time it takes for a transaction to complete.  Another is the accessibility of Bitcoin.  During extremely high volumes, the exchanges have gone down during pretty critical times.
severaldetails

Activity: 714

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:58:15 AM

I would say that the biggest problem of bitcoin still is its public image.
Most people still have that picture in their heads that bitcoin has to do something with crime.
The reports have changed the last year, but the impression many people have has not.
That process needs time.
An image campaign for bitcoin, I'm sure that would be something that could accelerate the adaption of bitcoin in the society.

wizardee

Activity: 679

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:11:51 AM

I think the main disadvantage that bitcoin has is its limited use within society. There are still just a limited number of dedicated people who use bitcoin, and there are one too many businesses who do not yet accept bitcoin as a payment method. However, we should be able to see this change in the future, but present day it is not as prominent. We are seeing a rapid increase in bitcoin's popularity, so that is good news!
justdimin

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:58:43 AM

I think the main disadvantage that bitcoin has is its limited use within society. There are still just a limited number of dedicated people who use bitcoin, and there are one too many businesses who do not yet accept bitcoin as a payment method. However, we should be able to see this change in the future, but present day it is not as prominent. We are seeing a rapid increase in bitcoin's popularity, so that is good news!
You can’t blame bitcoins for this. Fewer users can’t be referred as disadvantage of bitcoins. The fault is on the part users not on the part of bitcoins. There is no disadvantage of bitcoins so far. They are providing best services as a digital currency that the world has ever witnessed.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
TitanGEL

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:09:57 AM

Yeah you are correct. Most of the people in the cryptocurrency world are complaining because of the high fees that the bitcoin has. I think the high fees the most disadvantage that the bitcoin has.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.