Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:30:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good without a god  (Read 2191 times)
sukiho

Activity: 514
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:12:20 PM

We will never know whether it is good or bad. It's a personal matter for all of us. These kind of debates may be endless.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Livnem-soul

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:59:47 PM

Hey guys,

Religion (a belief in imaginary all powerful supernatural deities) has been the cause of more death and suffering than any one disease ever to inflict the human race. Wouldn't it be nice if we could start working on a cure for that.

In what - that you are right. Main not to offend sense of believing people. We decide to believe us in religion or no. There are very much atheists that does not accept religion in general. This their right, as well as right to believe or no at other.
Senkuli

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:06:06 PM

Hey guys,

Religion (a belief in imaginary all powerful supernatural deities) has been the cause of more death and suffering than any one disease ever to inflict the human race. Wouldn't it be nice if we could start working on a cure for that.

I disagree that without God it will be better, we are just human beings, where not everything that we want always according to our wishes, not all our ability and intelligence can overcome all problems.
Sometimes we need God, where God will give directions or paths that we can develop to overcome human problems.
God can also make us stand when we are feeling desperate about worldly life, where we can not always depend on the limited science.
Sheldoor

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:27:43 PM

I dont know if there is an god out there.. but RELIGION is: my imaginary friend is better than yours..
or:
The best way to suppress free minds
Control the masses
a good pretence for the leaders to do what they want: in the name of god..
scorpion27

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:19:52 PM

In my opinion, religion can make peace if we can follow a religion correctly, do not violate the rules of religion, because religion teaches people to live better than ever, because life in the world is only temporary.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ TRU REPUTATION NETWORK ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
PRE-SALE OPEN UNTIL 5th MARCH 2018 | PROOF OF REPUTATION  (http://tru.ltd/tokensale)
kavindra

Activity: 221
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:29:39 PM

God is very important in our lives, because if there is no god then there will be no life, because all humans need god to be alive, for me god is everything Smiley

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:05:46 PM

Hey guys,

There are people who are good just because they want to avoid he'll bit just because it's just enough they are, they have a moral code written on their heart and it's got nothing to do with any religion or stuff,  being good and nice comes from the inside.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
fishbonez11

Activity: 322
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:19:37 AM

I don't know how we can differentiate what is good and bad without a God, because we will not have a basis. If we will depend on our own views of what is good and evil, then goodness will vary from one person to another which is ofcourse biased by personal beliefs and cultural background. If we try to broaden our undersranding to other beliefs, then everything will be called "good" in the end, which may not make sense.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 08:50:17 AM

Everyone can believe in what he wants to believe until his faith or religion harms others and he does not force them to believe in his religion.

Parents FORCE their children into their religion everyday.  A young, curious and trusting mind has no chance against the brainwash machine.  :/

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:16:15 AM

In my opinion, religion can make peace if we can follow a religion correctly, do not violate the rules of religion, because religion teaches people to live better than ever, because life in the world is only temporary.
religion also teaches that you should publicly stone a woman to death for being raped. not exactly something id ever want to be a part of.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:20:46 PM

I don't know how we can differentiate what is good and bad without a God, because we will not have a basis. If we will depend on our own views of what is good and evil, then goodness will vary from one person to another which is ofcourse biased by personal beliefs and cultural background. If we try to broaden our undersranding to other beliefs, then everything will be called "good" in the end, which may not make sense.

It's called philosophy... many have tried it in the past... you can try it too

Let's start with Immanuel Kant's Universalized Maxim:
"What if everybody did that?"

Example 1, Murder... What if everybody did that?
Answer: Everyone dies highlander style as society crumbles... ergo, murder is bad... mkay?

All this is possible without god... I don't need some dusty book to tell me murder is bad... I can figure that out on my own, its quite simple

Besides the fact that relying on the bible for moral guidance, as others have pointed out, can end up with you in prison... the bible commands its followers to murder people for all sorts of reasons (rape, unruly children, witches, homosexuals, other religions, etc)... if you follow the bible literally, you WILL go to prison... that is NOT good moral guidance
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:05:49 PM

Hey guys,

I respect other people's belief, each of us has their own belief. But, people should be wise, I do believe in God and morality, but there are just some religions (if they consider it religion or cult) that has different belief that are even immoral and some would even let their members do unusual things and even commit crime.
Kanuni

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:09:32 PM

Every people are created with a relief as a need. People need someone who will protect him from his every fears. He is God.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:24:20 PM

One of the reasons why people don't understand God is, God is perfect, and people aren't.

Entropy only started after the first sin of mankind.

God overcame all imperfection through Jesus sacrifice on the cross. Since then, both the perfection and the imperfection of mankind are not important.

The only important things are understanding Jesus salvation, and being in favor of God rather than against Him.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Kanuni

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:40:48 PM

One of the reasons why people don't understand God is, God is perfect, and people aren't.

Entropy only started after the first sin of mankind.

God overcame all imperfection through Jesus sacrifice on the cross. Since then, both the perfection and the imperfection of mankind are not important.

The only important things are understanding Jesus salvation, and being in favor of God rather than against Him.

Cool

I accept you in some lines. But, Jesus is only a human, a prophet. God is different than him.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:42:39 PM

Religion is the major course of the killing humanity is facing today. Christ teach humanity to abandon religion and follow the truth but his uneducated follower abandon his teaching and take humanity back to religion again because of greed and lust for materials things. The simplex among his teaching about God is that God love mercy, justice and truth. The lack of the foregoing is what brings this great poverty, terrorist attack and polical problems the whole world is facing today.
Jordan23

Activity: 382
Merit: 311

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:40:37 PM

#1 killer of humans is religion

#2 killer of humans is governments

People worship both for some very strange reason.
helars2008

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:14:46 PM

Everyone has his/her own perspective about God and relillgion...
Yes, i think someone can still be good eventhough they dont have God in their life...
But being good with God on your life is far above compared to simply being good without him.
With God on your life you cant easily be swayed when challenging situations come in.
You would stand firm aince you know that you have God by your side....

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 09:19:44 PM

Everyone has his/her own perspective about God and relillgion...
Yes, i think someone can still be good eventhough they dont have God in their life...
But being good with God on your life is far above compared to simply being good without him.
With God on your life you cant easily be swayed when challenging situations come in.
You would stand firm aince you know that you have God by your side....

The same goes for Santa Claus....

You want to be good to get the free presents, right?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 09:40:42 PM

For me it doesnt mean you don't have any religion you're already a bad guy who always ruining someones day maybe the only way to keep in faith to almighty is talk to him at least once a day i don't religions but i believe in god  you can be a better person.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: