Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:00:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Will Computers Mine When The Difficulty Is Way Higher In 100 Years?  (Read 1857 times)
RedditMaster (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 04:44:27 AM

The difficulty will be incredible in 1 century. With Moore's Law on the decline, will it be necessary to use Quantum Computing as a means to mine the remaining Bitcoin at that time? What are your thoughts on this?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2017, 06:28:25 AM

Well you forgetting one thing. With the time technology of mining industry will also evolve into more smarter programming. It may not really need high intelligence like quantum which is far greater for blockchain maths. As you can observe new miners are coming in the market in similar way these will be advanced to next level. Blockchain is already known to us and it may not need a computer which will think by all itself to do unknown calculations. 

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Ultegra134

Activity: 1540
Merit: 740

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:54:53 AM

Mining will be harder by that time indeed, due to more miners entering and the less and less coins remaining to be mined. Although, the technology will
also have evolved to a fair amount to compensate for the higher difficulty. More efficient algorithms and machines will have been produced by then, I don't
think GPU mining will be a thing then either  Tongue

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:07:57 AM

I think we need not worry about the 100 years from now as we won’t be alive at that time. Lolz! We will be resting in piece with a millions of dollars in our grave yard around us. Im just kidding but does it really matter after a century later? Wondering why you need to know that info.

Xsinx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:10:55 AM

In 100 years time, more advance computing technology will be invented as years past by. And probably we are not alive anymore by that time to experience those Mining problems.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:26:24 PM

Technology will change and we might have an evolved algorithm. It will be like an updated version of sha256 for quantum computing.
I wouldn't worry about it yet. It will happen eventually so it will be exciting to be around during the times of this new technology. That's if we all still alive by then that is.

Dazedconfused11

Activity: 301
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:11:44 PM

Greater power and tech Smiley

systemv

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

StuffGoGo Developer

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 03:23:20 AM

Chips already hitting silicon limits, but in 100 years I hope we will have something more exciting then that. If only this wont happen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiocracy

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:36:58 AM

No worries...the ASIC chip makers have a plan,sell only to BIG RICH mining farms!!!!!!!!!!

They will control Bitcoin,as they do now but completely by then,I mean unless BTC hits

per coin,then MAYBE some home miners might be hanging on  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:21:53 AM

in 100 years we will have quantum asic basically guaranteed, i guess with one of those you can easily mine with, the diff would also increase dramatically by then that only few biggest farm will be able to mine, and centralization will be worse than today

also i can't think thatt he current tech can advance anymore after 10nm it will be tought for the current technology to advance, intel will go to something else than silicon, which will be at its limit
superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 08:27:36 AM

I don't think we have any reason for concern...
The science is evolving, mining equipment manufacturers will find new solutions that make mining possible for such a difficulty.
The future is out there Smiley

Coin++

Activity: 810
Merit: 444

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:55:34 PM

ASICs mining.
Technological progress.

My favorite faucets to earn real free bitcoins/satoshis : Moon BitCoin and Bit Fun.
You want some free AltCoins ? It's here : BCH (Bitcoin Cash) Moon BitCoinCash - DASH (Dash) Moon Dash - DOGE (DogeCoin) Moon DogeCoin - LTC (LiteCoin) Moon LiteCoin.
You want some free LBC (Lbry Credits) ? My LBC invite : Lbry.tv - LBC (Lbry Credits).
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 05:32:06 AM

Thats too much off the box thinking. We won’t be needing that much high end technology for mining the bitcoins. Any normal computer with increased central processing power will work even after the century. Blockchain problem is not that big mystery to solve and it is just about the time of processing that is needed to be improved.

Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:05:39 PM

I don't think we have any reason for concern...
The science is evolving, mining equipment manufacturers will find new solutions that make mining possible for such a difficulty.
The future is out there Smiley

No there isn't. Back when we had 1mb hsrdribes we often wondered if we would ever be doing things like watching movies off the HDD now we have streaming which is mind-blowing to people back then. Also what about people who though about liberies ? I'm sure they though what if they run out of space one day and if it was possible to somehow store books in a smaller space. Eventually we had hardrives and software to load PDF or whatever format books and we now have access to the internet allowing us wntire liberies of content to research. This was unfounded back then. But it happened. So don't worry. What today seems impossible won't be in ten or twenty years time.

Think of tablet computers. Even today I find them amazing. They like what we use to see on cifi movies watching the professors taking notes on uktrw thin stylish looking digtal book things. Now we have them they called tablet and it's amazing. We going to see some amazing things in our life time.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 01:22:27 PM

"How Will Computers Mine When The Difficulty Is Way Higher In 100 Years?"

With great difficulty !

More seriously,  bitcoin's long term price is bounded by the cost of producing one, ie: mining. And over the long term, difficulty adjusts such that the value of one bitcoin is not much more than the cost of mining one, excluding speculative effects. Mining cryptos will be done by public utility services, using tax dollars, for public benefit.
Smuft

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 06:59:32 PM

in 100 years this won't be a relevant question anymore
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 915

fly or die

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:51:23 AM

The difficulty adjusts to the power in the network, so there is really nothing to worry about on that front.

What is worrying, and right now, is the amount of electricity being used by the BTC network.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: