Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:51:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins Under $10 Investing Question  (Read 3719 times)
miningnew

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:07:35 PM

Hey all.  I'm just curious but do these coins ever hit 0 where all your investment is gone to 0?  Because lot of coins like waves which was at 6 dollars or so has kept dropping down.  Its all the way to like $2.27 right now.  So if it drops to say 0.15... then when it drops more... then it will be like 0.02, then 0.01 and then 0.005?  So if you put a lot of money into waves, basically it would be worth very little at all then if the price goes to like 0.005?

This is what that is interesting.  If waves eventually goes back to 5 dollars, you would essentially double your money.  And the thing is it could take a very long time but even if it does, well your waves cant be worth exactly 0 right?  Can a certain coin like waves or any other coin go so low where its like 0.000005 cents etc?  I see some coins like this on coinmarketcap but i think these coins are very new etc?

No, they are not new, again, it all depends of market capitalisation.
Some example ...

Bytecoin : $0.001140   but 183,138,440,747 BCN
Dogecoin : $0.001344 but 110,242,693,447 DOGE
Siacoin : $0.005797 but 27,806,431,359 SC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
viking02 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:07:29 AM

I also thought about something else.  Wouldn't the smart thing to do is to wait for a coin to first start going up first?  For example if a coin is 10 cents, i mean whats the point of it unless you have good info right?  Now if you see it go up to 50 cents then 1 dollar.  Then it goes up very quickly to 5 dollars, then wouldn't that be a great idea to buy?

For example, ETH and Litecoin was still pretty low earlier on.  Then it started to increase more and more.  ETH has increased quite a bit.  So even if a coin goes up to 25 dollars, that to me is very cheap still if it keeps going up.  But my thoughts are wouldnt it make sense to watch certain coins go up first before you buy?  If you buy lot of coins that are under 1 dollar... well they could stay around that amount for a long time which would be useless etc.

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:51:22 AM

If you want to buy altcoin leds than 10 dollars I suggest to buy waves and for sure this coin increase before end of this year 2017 .
Maybe the price of waves before end of this year will be 100 dollars each and i hope it will happen.
dserrano11

Activity: 376
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:49:33 AM

If you want to buy altcoin leds than 10 dollars I suggest to buy waves and for sure this coin increase before end of this year 2017 .
Maybe the price of waves before end of this year will be 100 dollars each and i hope it will happen.
Waves in current as Ethereum on October version 2.0, although very potential but the value still cheap and not have more investor. With me, invest to an altcoin as Waves is best choice at now. Waves had some ICO successfully as MobileGo, ZrCoin, ... and next time is Mokey Capital
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 07:35:49 AM

MCO (Monaco) is really pumping up good in last 24 hours its gone near 100% pump also having good potentiality hold long term and also another coin is Waves its really having potentiality grow More than 100% in near future.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:12:43 AM

It looks like good concept for getting rich . But recently i dint find any coin lesser than 1$ having good potentiality may be ripple and doge but its not growing . I hope Waves will be the next ether where you can predict 100X profit in one year .
jhonbravo

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:17:19 AM

I think If anyone want to invest in Altcoin is better to invest after August 1
lets wait for splits of Bitcoin  Cheesy Cheesy
Smaczny

Activity: 151

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:28:13 AM

Stratis in this price is steal, we've seen price above 10$ so it's not problem in my opinion with this project to run above this barrier again
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:28:46 AM

There are so many coins that are under $1 or even 10 cents and you could by a million of some coins for $10 but there is no guarantee that these coins will increase in price and if they do it could be only a small rise, there might also be a huge rise.

It is all a risk but if you do have the money to spare it can't hurt to buy some of these coins after looking into them but not just because they are cheap but because you see some type of future in them otherwise you are just throwing your money away.
viking02 (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:09:16 AM

There are so many coins that are under $1 or even 10 cents and you could by a million of some coins for $10 but there is no guarantee that these coins will increase in price and if they do it could be only a small rise, there might also be a huge rise.

It is all a risk but if you do have the money to spare it can't hurt to buy some of these coins after looking into them but not just because they are cheap but because you see some type of future in them otherwise you are just throwing your money away.

But do any of these coins ever hit 0 where the coin cannot go back up etc?  Or does it stay at the 0.0000001 price etc.

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
. COMSA
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 12:19:21 AM

But do any of these coins ever hit 0 where the coin cannot go back up etc?  Or does it stay at the 0.0000001 price etc.

I have seen some coins go below 0 so they were worth half of 1 sat, I bought into a couple that were half a sat and have since risen to 3 to 4 sats. The profit isn't that big but to answer your question is they can go to 0 and below. By the way the coins I am talking about are Zeit coin and 1337 coin and there are many more right now under 1 sat but of course they are traded in Doge or LTC. Most of these coins have large coin supplies which is maybe why they go below 1 sat but the coins I mentioned prove that they can get back up there if the dev's continue to work on the project and if the community shows and continues to have strong support for the coin.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
daniel244king

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

ALTCOIN KING

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:52:45 AM

Footy Cash (FOOT) was less than a Penny one month ago;  It's worth about $0.20 USD now.  It will probably go to $10.00 USD before end of year.

Here's why:

FootyCash has seen a meteoric rise in valuation for the past month; with a price increase of more than 5000%+ on multiple exchanges.[/b]

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=FOOT_BTC#

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374929.0

Here is why I think FootyCash is a great cryptocurrency:

1. Footy has Rarity - Only 4 million coins total can exist.  There is a small POS inflation rate - about 3% annually (for staked coins only).
How many of you can say like the Winklevoss twins - that you own whole percentages of a cryptocurrency.  
Looking the current price of FootyCash you actually might be able to!

2. Footy is the first Fantasy Sports Crypotocurrency ever made. - Footy is the Bitcoin of Fantasy Sports!

3. Fantasy Sports is a multi-billion dollar industry - with tens of billions of dollars in annual revenue just for Fantasy Football alone!  If you count all the illegal gambling the figure goes much higher - maybe hundreds of billions? (not that I am condoning illegal gambling - but it's a fact of reality that must be considered anyway).

4. Coinmarketcap list just under 900 altcoins; of those listed only a  small percentage of altcoins have a cap of less than 4 million total coin.  Every coin on coinmarketcap with a rarity of less than 7 million total coins produced are all worth more than $2.00 USD - with the exception of Dreamcoin (because of YOBIT) and FOOTY CASH (which is currently undergoing a price correction: 5000% increase in the past month alone.)

5. The coin was greatly undervalued because of unawareness of the Footy cryptocurrency and Fantasy Sports as well.  As more and more people become aware of its value the price will continue to rise.

6. FootyCash has a great developer, active development, and the best community support!

7. FootyCash has a promising roadmap and is currently developing Masternodes and Anonymous Send like DASH and PIVX for the next release.

8.  The name FootyCash may sound funny but "Footy Cash" is an actual English term (apparently):  

https://www.power100.com.au/news/local-news/81959-footy-cash-to-go-to-good-friday-appeal
     and
     http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/california-club-brothel-sues-in-footy-cash-feud/news-story/bd77f7d397a34a067342a113b5bfa5d8

9. DraftKings, FanDuel, and other Fantasy Sports companies are getting the legislative green light to operate in most U.S States and other countries as well.  

When these companies decide to follow the trend of most corporations and switch to blockchain technology - I guarantee you that they will take a hard look at FootyCash first!

10. Oh, and the price of Bitcoin is dropping and will continue to drop until the August 1st Segwit activation takes place.

While Bitcoin is dropping, FootyCash is actually gaining value daily.  FootyCash is a great store of value to weather this storm.

FootyCash (FOOT) dev just confirmed Anonymous Send feature like DASH and PIVX to be added along with masternodes in the new release of FootyCash:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374929.400

The focus right now is on creating masternodes for the coin.  They will help provide stability to the network and incentives for ownership.

We are making excellent progress, and will update the community on details for how many coins are required for a masternode, features, and other important information shortly.

Welcome to any new members of the community Grin

How many coins to avail in masternodes? What is the benifets if i buy masternodes? It looks good for me i just want to know some more info about this coin thank you dev. I wish i could buy some cheap coins until the masternodes emplimentation is release

There are a number of important features outlined below.  We will be releasing details on masternode requirements soon.  

The fantasy sports industry needs faster payment methods and anonymity to protect personal information, so these features fall right in line with our mission statement.

Features

• Anonymous Transactions
  • Improved Network Security
  • Faster transactions
  • Decentralization
  • Community voting on proposals

Are you going to use the same Anonymous Send features as DASH or PIVX?

Yes.  What we are working on for the masternodes will have an anonymous transaction like PIVX and DASH.  Still testing things, and will keep the community updated.  Hope to have something ready in the next week.

THE KING OF COINS
viking02 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:48:23 AM

Hey all.  How much money would you say you would need to invest in bitcoin and altcoins now where in the future... your coins could be worth 1 million dollars?

Would you say you need at least 100k minimum?

If you had 10k to invest right now, what coins would you choose and how much money on each coin?  I assume buying bitcoin now would be useless right since you cannot buy much bitcoin? 

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
. COMSA
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
viking02 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:10:55 AM

Im curious but are there many people that bought like 5000 or 10000 coins of something when it was like 25 cents or 50 cents or max 1 dollar?

Because say that coin now is 5 dollars.  If you bought 10000 coins that cost 25 cents each.  That is $2500.   That 10000 coins would be $50,000 now.  And if it goes to 100 dollars, that would be 1 million dollars.  Now im wondering imagine someone went big and bought 50000 coins at 25 cents each for $12500.  That would be $250,000 and if the price goes to $25... that would be 1.25 million dollars.

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
. COMSA
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
viking02 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:02:33 AM

Hey all curious about this.  Wouldn't you say most people should not buy any coin that just released?  Thus any coin that is 1 dollar or less should be avoided when they first come out?  Thus you should look at the price history to see if there is any upward trend at all before buying?  Of course if you do that, then you get a worst price.  I mean imagine you could get a coin for 25 cents.  However you have no idea how it would do.  The price stays the same and maybe goes to 35 cents and then goes back to around the same etc. 

However if you see this coin spike up to 1 dollar and then 2 dollars, then doesn't it make sense... okay this coin is showing progress with its price?  Then you go buy?  I mean obviously if you have 1000 dollars and want to invest... and say a coin is 25 cents... you can get 4000 of it.  But if a coin is 2 dollars, you only can get 500 of it.  However, if you just immediately buy it when it comes out at a low price, i mean isn't that just a bad idea because the price probably will not go up much etc?  Thus just wait and look if any progress first?  I cant imagine buying any coin where there is no price history.  Thoughts on this?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
. COMSA
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
MaxRR

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:15:55 AM

in my opinion i strongly recommend to invest in siacoin, $0.008 each coin (around 300 sat) it has been dumped during the last month, so it is obviously going to recover. you can easily x2 in a few weeks, or maybe more in a few months.
rayk

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 07:34:52 AM

I don't understand why you mentioned price, price is determined by two factor and does not matter itself. You should consider market caps, projects with a proven team under $10M marketcap are good to invest.
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:40:30 AM

I like your idea to buy a convolute of cheap coins and hold them long enough. If we would have done for example at beginning for this year for doge and bytecoin, we also would be reach. BCN was 0.000005 $ and dogecoin was 0.00002 $. So also many new cryptocurrencies with meaningful projects behind them give a good chance for high profits and to support innovative technologies and developments.
AnCap101

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:00:00 AM

I think Bitbeans is one of the best.

Great marketing, great devs and actually a good idea. And really cheap
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1358

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:56:41 AM

Market cap and max supply values are more important than prices.
If you can find good project with neat idea, and if it has bigger market and lower supply comparable to price. You can always profit. Some altcoins are under $0.1 but they will never hit $1 even with huge supply.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: