Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:10:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When to buy and sell bitcoin  (Read 18079 times)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:27:29 AM

When is the best time to buy bitcoin and when do you think is the best time to sell?
I think its a great time to buy now but when is a good time to sell (if you have any idea please share)
I think bitcoin prices very fluctuactive,  as per my observations.  For me the best time of buying is no time.  I buy a regular amount of bitcoin every month rather to buy in bulk at a single time,  I buy bitcoin in parts,  I bought bitcoin every month.  So that of there in case in future there is drop in price I will buy in large bulk.  Now talking about when to sell the bitcoins, my answer is that I will sell my bitcoin when I have a significant amount of them.  I sell them also in partitions.  As if I buy 2 bitcoins per month I will sell one bitcoin every month.  As the regular stock of money will always with me and average number of bitcoins also maintain in my bitcoins wallet fir future savings.  In my opinion this is my best way
That strategy is called cost averaging and that is best for the people who want to invest in bitcoin for long term because they can get great deals of bitcoin because they can average their bought price and that is the safest way for me to buy bitcoin or to invest your money. Don't go for a one time big shot in investing because it is better if you will just do it regularly like every month of every week, it depends on your budget.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:38:09 AM

In my opinion, you have to buy bitcoin when its price is low and when it gets high that's the time for you to sell for you to get higher profit or returns from the value you had bought.

swordling143

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:30:29 AM

When is the best time to buy bitcoin and when do you think is the best time to sell?
I think its a great time to buy now but when is a good time to sell (if you have any idea please share)

The answer here is quite simple. You should buy bitcoin when it’s value goes down, because it’s much cheaper. You should sell bitcoin when it’s value goes up, so you can earn more.
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:49:50 AM

anytime you can buy bitcoin, prices keep fluctuating
do trade in slow calendar alaun and will understand when to buy, to hold and to sell
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:57:49 AM

For me personally, I buy bitcoins everytime the value falls because it is much cheaper so I can buy a lot of bitcoins. And we all know that whenever bitcoins falls after a month they will always comes back to their previous value and even surpassing it. So if you sell mow your holdings when you buy it in a cheaper price you can have a lot of profit because it cost a lot more from today. A lot of people are doing it because they trusted on bitcoins not like the others that are panic selling their coinc because of the drops
kramat

Activity: 910

https://i.ibb.co/2NX43h7/Avatar-1.jpg

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:58:59 AM

I think we are free when will sell and buy it. as long as the price offered is able to give us a lot of profit. and one can to withstand in the long run will have a tremendous effect. but it should look at prices and judge them before trading bitcoin.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:55:46 AM

I think we are free when will sell and buy it. as long as the price offered is able to give us a lot of profit. and one can to withstand in the long run will have a tremendous effect. but it should look at prices and judge them before trading bitcoin.
Indeed that we have the freedom to when we are going to sell or buy bitcoin but we need to make sure that we are going to do it because  it a need and it is just for our wants. Bitcoin's price is going keep on going up and i believe that it is better to just hold our bitcoin and add some more by buying bitcoin rather than decreasing our holdings by selling bitcoin because it is like throwing away the opportunity that can make us rich someday.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:56:46 AM

The best time to buy bitcoins is of course when the price is a bit lower than usual that way you can still have cash left or altcoins. The best time to sell is when the price is higher that way you’ll still earn. That's what I think.
Yes this is the most suitable time for buying but only in the case if you can afford such high buy price. Otherwise, what business tell us that buy as the cheapest and sell as the most expensive. You only have to make a choice. As long as this time is concerned, I think you have to take rest until the prices are coming back after a coming fork. Generally speaking, buy then, that will surely benefit you.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2002
Merit: 147

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:10:48 AM

'Catching a falling knife'
We can never know when to buy bitcoins--one day its bleeding the next day we're seeing green candles. Selling on the other hand can be arbitrary; you could sell even if he value is low if you badly needed the money.

Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:45:33 AM

It is usually when you a dump on bitcoin's price occurs, that is the great time to buy bitcoin and really make a good investment out of it. Then if you will wait for a week or so, you will see a huge pump in bitcoin's price, that is a great time to sell bitcoin. It is always like that in bitcoin's price, fluctuating and not stable.
eucliffe

Activity: 203

Was that was it was?

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:08:38 AM

If you're referring to short-term then sell bitcoin when the price pumps up and buy in when the price dumps down, but if its a long term then you don't have to worry about the price going up or down, though you can always buy more bitcoin when the price dumps as an additional investment then sell it whenever you feel like.

BetFury                                                     
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹
                                                    Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:15:48 AM

when Bitcoin price is low then you should buy Bitcoin and when price is high then you should sell bitcoin.
Exactly, buy bitcoin when price is cheap and definitely sell it when the price is high. As long you are earning profit, it is the best time to sell. You have a wrong move if you dont know how to trade your bitcoin.
There are different strategies that are working with different minds. As you said this is fixed ratio strategy. You are not waiting for long to make long but lengthy-timed profits rather you just fixed up one specific ratio. As soon as this ratio is reached, it is the best time to sell. But holding is better than selling in case of bitcoins. Wait for long and then sell. It profits you.
misterj

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:29:55 AM

The idea of selling or buying bitcoin is that you must earn profit in either way. Checking the exchange graph of bitcoin should always be a factor before buying or selling. If the bitcoin value decreases, this is the time where you should buy and wait for the right time to sell it. You could tell yourself to sell it if you think that it will stop at that value or it will remain at that value. I prefer that you should only sell some of your bitcoins depending on your need so that you still have investment remaining. As you can see, bitcoin is constantly increasing means that the one who bought it on its early stage has a great chance of doubling or more its invested money.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
manismanja

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:34:53 AM

I will buy bitcoin when there is a yesterday fork event that produces a new coin and a new free coin mend for those who have a bitcoin balance when hard fork and I will sell bitcoin when I need money only.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Nonakryse

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:26:31 AM

that's a good strategy

-Buy when everyone is selling
-Sell when everyone is buying

But then again you might be in a long term cycle and it might be that you keep on losing/gaining, so it's kinda tricky. The best solution is my case is to reduce trading overal as much as possible, when you have decided to buy e.g. BTC, stick with it for a couple of years and don't consider selling just because a new update is realeased or an upcoming fork is about to lauch. Everyone is tryint to "time" the market but that's not possible, there are so many unexpected things that can happen (China banning ICO's etc.) that it's not possible to predict the price movement. You can only predict what idea might have an impact in the future and invest based on that, don't let short term profits take the focuse and goal out of your eyes. Invest in what you believe in and stick with it.
Paul Pogba

Activity: 1232
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:49:06 AM

Of course this depends on us, I sell bitcoin because I need money so do not care about the price that I can, but if do not need money I suggest to hold your bitcoin because future day the price of course will continue to rise.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:30:45 PM

The answer here is quite simple. You should buy bitcoin when it’s value goes down, because it’s much cheaper. You should sell bitcoin when it’s value goes up, so you can earn more.
This is really a very good approach but I think it is practically not possible. It is because of the reason that you never know when the prices will go down or will rise high. In my opinion, you should go for buying when you have this much of amount in your pocket that you can afford buying of bitcoin. For selling, do not sell your bitcoins until and unless you are left with no other option.
Shishir99

Activity: 644
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 12:48:15 PM

In my opinion if btc goes to around 5000$ then it is a very good time to buy btc now.
Because there is another fork in November.
we may see bitcoin to 7000$.
it is very much possible.
And after the fork immediately you should sell btc.

bob3772

Activity: 415

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:53:40 PM

Well as everyone says, buy low and sell high, the difficulty is identifying when those moments are, right now I would say bitcoin is on the high side and I would not be buying, although I do suspect the price may rise ahead of the segwit2x fork so there are arguments to buy now.

waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 01:07:07 PM

In fact that Bitcoin are very prone to movement by news, you could at least observe the price to go up for some days when the grow is bullish, i couldn't tell much but sometimes i would rather map my mindset with the majorities and try to think how they would act and how to counter profit from it (it's very shallow, non-technical way) but it's best for amateurs like me to settle down decision on buy and sell if you don't wanna study charts all day long. Selling back to USD at the peak you assumed and re-buying at a predetermined safe price is a pretty basic strategy, combined with a little of timing luck of course.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: