Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:00:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Excavator GUI by cTnko - Miner Interface for beginners and advanced users [0.9]  (Read 11335 times)
zorvalth

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:36:12 PM

I have never carfed about both profitabilty values but the other 3 are clear:

Algo 20 is dagger(eth). From here https://www.nicehash.com/api?method=stats.global.current the eth stats are:

{"price":"0.0313","algo":20,"speed":"3343.53403830","profitability_eth":"0.0226","profitability_above_eth":"38.68"}

You can figure it out the rest from the stats page of each algo:

Price is the one yo uneed - 0.0313 BTC per GH per Day
algo is explained in the main page
speed is the hashing speed of the algo in nicehash in GH for ether : 3343 GH - you dont really need this.

for auto profit switch you just need the price of the algos in excavator.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
namjey

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:42:06 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 07:03:18 PM by namjey

Hey cTnko, I have been using your miner for 1 day and have some problems!

I got 484 rejects out of 2930 accepted shares!! I am mining LBC on suprnova. If i just use ccminer reject rate is way lower(around 10 out of 1000)
This is what i get:
[14:00:47][0x000035cc][info] net | Share #479 rejected
                                reason: low difficulty share of 132.21903125193825

Here is ss:

What's wrong with this?? Can anybody tell me how to fix this??
cTnko (OP)

Activity: 85

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:39:41 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 08:49:58 PM by cTnko

Hey cTnko, I have been using your miner for 1 day and have some problems!

I got 484 rejects out of 2930 accepted shares!! I am mining LBC on suprnova. If i just use ccminer reject rate is way lower(around 10 out of 1000)
This is what i get:
[14:00:47][0x000035cc][info] net | Share #479 rejected
                                reason: low difficulty share of 132.21903125193825

Here is ss:

What's wrong with this?? Can anybody tell me how to fix this??

That's definitely very high amount of rejects (i can confirm that i had big amount of rejects last time i tested lbry).
Have you tried using the standalone excavator (without the GUI) to see if the reject rate is also this high? (just to determinate if GUI is causing the problem or not)

IF anyone could shine some light on the lbry parameters that don't result in such a high reject rate, i could make them defaults for lbry under the hood of my GUI.
namjey

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 01:51:32 AM

can you share sample code for batch file to run excavator miner? I can try out and give you feedback!
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:47:54 AM

can you share sample code for batch file to run excavator miner? I can try out and give you feedback!

Thanks for doing this, go to the default_command_file.json and replace it with the code below.
Don't forget to change the pool address, port, wallet and worker name (i renamed them in the file so you would spot them easily).

Code:
[
{"time":0,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["lbry","poolAddress:poolPort","wallet.workerName"]}
]},
{"time":3,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]}
]},
{"time":10,"loop":10,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.print.speeds","params":["0"]}
]}
]

Now, for this test i am expecting that the pool that you are using is able to count the rejected shares (because the Excavator console won't show a counter).
If it doesn't, after few hours of running, you can do this, go to your web browser, and paste this into your URL bar:

Code:
http://127.0.0.1:38080/api?command={%22id%22:1,%22method%22:%22algorithm.list%22,%22params%22:[]}

It will output an json string that will contain share info (among other information)
{"total_shares":1,"total_accepted":1,"total_rejected":0,"last_efficiency":1.0}
aGeoM

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:37:34 PM

I didn't test Excavator command line, to help you cause the fan probles on AMD cards, as soon as they release a new version, I will do it.

Cheers
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:09:33 PM

I didn't test Excavator command line, to help you cause the fan probles on AMD cards, as soon as they release a new version, I will do it.

Cheers

That's ok, i am waiting for the excavator update as well, as i am running into quite a few "random" issues related to excavator lately.
slejvi

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:25:37 PM

nice work man  Grin i hope that you Will support  this gui
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:49:41 PM

Hi everyone, i just released a small update - version 0.8
The major change in this build is added "crash" monitoring (GUI will monitor if excavator became unstable), if this happens GUI will temporarily postpone any overclocking routines applied in the GUI for 1 minute.
This should prevent an infinite crash loop of death when you set your Overclock too high resulting in excavator permanently restarting.
This release also added small "~" button to every worker (when advanced settings are enabled) which can be used to reset worker statistics.
This is useful for when you are fine tuning the overclock and want to see the new hashrate as soon as possible, especially useful if you are using daggerhashimoto which always delays the statistics due to DAG generation.
Backup pool functionality is now hidden by default (to make the UI more simple for novice users), you can bring the button back by enabling advanced settings.

That's it for this release, enjoy & happy mining!

Changelog:
Code:
24.07.2017 @ 0.8
- Added instability monitoring/protection related to Overclocking
- Added "Reset Statistics" for a worker button (advanced feature)
- Backup Pools functionality is now only visible when advanced settings are enabled
- Minor style changes
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:35:55 PM

Hi guys, the new version of excavator is finally out (most importantly including bugfix for a bug that was causing 0 RPM fans on AMD cards).
Get it here: https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/releases/tag/v1.2.11a

I will also release a new version of the GUI today/tomorrow with lyra2rev2 support.
Runaque

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:39:41 AM

Using the Excavator GUI screwed up my MSI Afterburner. It removed the control over vore voltage, power limit and temperature limit. Now I'm also unable to use my overclock profiles I saved in Afterburner. If I select a profile and confirm it you hear the fan speeding up for a second and then slow down to its speed is was running by itself. I can do it in Wattman, but it won't remember the settings after rebooting the PC.
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:45:27 PM

Using the Excavator GUI screwed up my MSI Afterburner. It removed the control over vore voltage, power limit and temperature limit. Now I'm also unable to use my overclock profiles I saved in Afterburner. If I select a profile and confirm it you hear the fan speeding up for a second and then slow down to its speed is was running by itself. I can do it in Wattman, but it won't remember the settings after rebooting the PC.

Which GPUs were affected by this problem, also have you tinkered with the overclocking inside of the GUI ?
aGeoM

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:35:09 PM

I'm back Smiley

AMD fan problem solved.
10 Min run seams ok.

Tanks.
Runaque

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:40:31 AM

Which GPUs were affected by this problem, also have you tinkered with the overclocking inside of the GUI ?

I'm using two Sapphire R9 380 4Gb Nitro GPU's and I haven't touched the overclocking in the GUI.
Runaque

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:35:39 AM

It seems since I ran the Excavator GUI that Claymore doesn't read out the temperatures of the GPU's anymore. All I see is GPU0 t=0C fan=0% for bot GPU's.
Daywalker22

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:38:29 PM

Hey,
It is also possible to set something like auto switch? Like nicehash has?
Or you can only mine in a direct pool?
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:26:50 PM

It seems since I ran the Excavator GUI that Claymore doesn't read out the temperatures of the GPU's anymore. All I see is GPU0 t=0C fan=0% for bot GPU's.

I guess this should go away after you reboot the machine, this is definitely a bug in the Excavator and you should report it
Here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1777827.new#new
or here https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/issues

@Daywalker22 If you are asking about profitability switching, no that is not supported right now.
rascao

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:38:04 PM

cTnko

i am starting to use your GUI, but the OC feature is not working for me on my 1080`s evga dt. it change the TDP and fan speeds but the memori clocks or gpu clocks arent working i am using the lastes driver for nvidia
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:12:34 PM

cTnko

i am starting to use your GUI, but the OC feature is not working for me on my 1080`s evga dt. it change the TDP and fan speeds but the memori clocks or gpu clocks arent working i am using the lastes driver for nvidia

That's interesting and definitely shouldn't be happening, which driver version are you currently running ?
Have you also tried setting the overclock through the config file (with just regular excavator, without the GUI)?
That should tell us more (if the issue is on the GUI side or excavator side).
Jake76er

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:45:07 AM

Just wanted to say thank you for an excellent piece of software. I consider myself to be somewhat intelligent, but COULD NOT get any of the nvidia miners to work for more than a few seconds before exiting. Your software works perfectly, and I'm mining Zcash like a champ.

-Jake
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: