Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:10:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why everyone are nervous for the segwit2x fork?  (Read 2135 times)
chek2fire (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 12:24:28 PM

My question is simple.
Why anyone are nervous about the segwit2x hard fork part and not support this guys to fork off from network forever.
I dont think the fork chain will survive without skill devs and without majority of users to support it.
Will be a very risk business for the forkers to maintenance their network and to survive in long term especially without skilled developers.
In the other hand Bitcoin devs, users and everyone in bitcoin ecosystem imo must support them to fork off from network.
After their fork this silly non tech and conspiracy theories noise will go away and bitcoin will return and focus to tech innovation.
The future of bitcoin is great and will be much better without shadow characters like Jihan, Roger Ver, Garzik, Gavin, Wright.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 905

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:56:04 AM

My question is simple.
Why anyone are nervous about the segwit2x hard fork part and not support this guys to fork off from network forever.
I dont think the fork chain will survive without skill devs and without majority of users to support it.
Will be a very risk business for the forkers to maintenance their network and to survive in long term especially without skilled developers.
In the other hand Bitcoin devs, users and everyone in bitcoin ecosystem imo must support them to fork off from network.
After their fork this silly non tech and conspiracy theories noise will go away and bitcoin will return and focus to tech innovation.
The future of bitcoin is great and will be much better without shadow characters like Jihan, Roger Ver, Garzik, Gavin, Wright.

You are right,but i don`t think that "anyone" (i quess you mean everyone) are nervous about this.
I assume that 90% of all bitcoin users are noobs who aren`t familiar with Segwit and that makes them afraid.
There will always be shadow characters who want to profit from damaging and manipulating the bitcoin community.The fork won`t make them disappear.

brieder

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:07:45 AM

Can someone explain what the fork thing is? Everytime I google I find nothing...
cold cool

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:01:16 AM

I think fork is cope.
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2338
Merit: 338

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:02:42 AM

They are all affected by the FUDs that are keep on spreading in the internet they believed that the bitcoin will get messed up after the fork and the price of bitcoin will significantly fall after the fork but that is not true because bitcoin will become more stronger because of the upgrade and the price could possibly reach to a higher price point.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:23:51 AM

They are all affected by the FUDs that are keep on spreading in the internet they believed that the bitcoin will get messed up after the fork and the price of bitcoin will significantly fall after the fork but that is not true because bitcoin will become more stronger because of the upgrade and the price could possibly reach to a higher price point.

There is definitely FUD going on around and a lot of newbies in bitcoin are reading it and thinking that it is a right thing so we can not blame them for being like that, but I think there are many bitcoin users that are taking precaution on the impending split that is about to happen we can not blame them too because all of us doing want to lose money that we invest in bitcoin right? and I think there are others that doesn't know how to make a secure wallet for their bitcoin that is why they will surely sell all of it or convert it to fiat.
onethefo

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:27:25 AM

Bitcoin bifurcation affects the value of the market and the interests of miners, so everyone will pay attention to, while bitcoin will affect other trends in virtual currencies, because bitcoin is big brother Cool
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:32:02 AM

Those who panic will lose their money. I don't believe in severe consequences for bitcoin. I'm sorry that because of this panic, whales will buy even more coins and therefore they will be easier to destabilize the price of bitcoin.
LouVandetta

Activity: 602
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:40:09 AM

It might be because they are afraid if segwit failed.
Also, I think lots of ppl still didn't know what is segwit and all.

Not to mention with this week's prices. Really unstable and hard to predict.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:43:54 AM

Segwit is a very extraordinary thing. Many people will be annoyed when waiting for results segwit. Whatever happens later we can not know exactly. Some say that segwit will make bitcoin prices increase and some say that bitcoin prices will decrease drastically.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:55:59 AM

Those who are afraid of the hard fork are those who are not well versed in securing their bitcoins because of the fud spreading about losing bitcoin and its value. But if you know what you are doing, you will not be affected by these fuds. I also think that segwit will bring much development in bitcoin. If it will be an effective scaling solution, it will take bitcoin to a wider mass adoption.
steamon

Activity: 404
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:07:58 AM

Just leave your bitcoins safe and wait for it more not to it. There will by a result from this if it's good Bitcoin will reach new heights. I am not nervous about the result its part of the evolution for the crypto market to become an adult. Market will always move up and down for speculation. Crypto currencies are here to stay.
Adbitco

Activity: 1414
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 09:18:59 AM

To say that everyone is nervous and afraid of SEGWIT2X is wrong, most of us might be but not everyone. There are still people who understand all about segwit and hard fork and they aren't nervous, they know it very well that at last it's the bitcoin which has to come out as winner and it's only bitcoin which is going to stay there forever.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:25:29 AM

Is because they are all affected to all FUD's that have been spreading in all the time. If you're afraid that Segwit2x fork would highely success then place your btc in some altcoins that have potential to grow. But me this is just a FUD that came serious to all newbei bitcoiners
niceli

Activity: 197
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:38:38 AM

With the Segwit2x compromise it seems that the vast majority of the ecosystem is supporting this (depends where you are checking but it seems that 80-90% are signaling for Segwit2x). So if we see a split on August 1st I would assume it is something like 90/10 (and not 50/50 like it was feared with Segwit vs. block size) and therefore I would rather expect that the price will be rising quickly once people realize that there is no massive issue at all. Probably lots of people who panic sold their bitcoin in beforehand will try to rebuy them and will pay a higher price now.
Frost

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:49:04 AM

I'm very worried about this activity.
Instead will made better but even make the situation worse.
Hopefully this split will not be as bad as I imagined.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:51:48 AM

I think the reason why most people are nervous is the huge drop on value the fork would cause which is not truly appealing to the ears. But who knows what would happen after the fork as there may be huge skyrocketing in price afterwards. The best is just to stay cool and hope for the best. Moreover if everything should go well, the aftermath should he a great one for us all.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:01:49 AM

The market doesn't like volatility, that is why I am nervous.

I am a fan of bitcoin, I like the principles behind it, but I also care about my money and don't want to have an improved bitcoin that costs $500, now that I am used to it being over $2000.
The split didn't do ETH any long term damage, but it could hurt Bitcoin. I think an amicable agreement from both sides resulting in one stronger chain in the future is the obvious dream scenario.

Maybe 2 strong Bitcoins are better than 1, but it is worrying, this is real money we are talking about!
Gorgonio

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:07:21 AM

It might be because they are afraid if segwit failed.
Also, I think lots of ppl still didn't know what is segwit and all.

Not to mention with this week's prices. Really unstable and hard to predict.
The most immediate impact should be in the interests
Miners fear that segwit will harm their interests
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:11:20 AM

Why everyone are nervous for the segwit2x fork?

Everyone? Are you sure? Did you check everyone's pulse?

I looking forward to this "drama", purely to see how it plays out and have fun.

Life too short to be nervous.

Fortune favours the bold.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: