Bitcoin Forum
December 12, 2017, 11:12:40 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: When did you buy your first bitcoins ?
7-8 years ago
6-4 years ago
3-2 years ago
less than 2 years ago
Did not yet

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When did you buy your first bitcoins ?  (Read 6576 times)
okissabam

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:32:05 AM

I bought my first bitcoins last year when this account was created because I was playing this gambling site and it needs bitcoin as a payment or for betting, so I exchanged my own money to bitcoins. The price of bitcoin last year was so low compared to price now and regret why I gave it all away from gambling, but I cant change back what was done so I am trying my best now to earn instead of spending them and gambling.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:49:12 AM

I bough few amount of satoshi at coins(dot)ph last year, It's a local exchange site. The money I used to buy was the one I have also converted from btc to fiat. I've run out of btc so theres nothing I can do but to used it again. I paid it through a convinience store.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:09:00 PM

Looks like there's some people on here that have bought their coins, but I think you're going to find that the majority of this forum, at least those that are pushing around a little bit of power, didn't buy their first coins with mined them. You're going to find a lot of people here that actually had their first coins in the numbers of 25 and 50. Based directly on the Block Rewards. I know the number 25 is going to be one of the first sets of coins that a lot of people had and smaller denominations for those that were actually working with pools. But yeah I remember the first Bitcoin we ever held where those first 50 we got from our first block reward.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▀                   
███████▀  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▀███████
███████  ███ ███ ████  ███████
███████  ███ ▄▄▄▄ ███  ███████
███████  ███ ████ ███  ███████
███████▄  ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀  ▄███████
                   ▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███
...Make Bitcoin Great Again...
◉ PRIVACY   ◉ SCALABILITY   ◉ BIG BLOCK SIZE
   ███
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
   ███
① Smart Contracts ③ Lightening Network
② Bigger Block ④  Zero-knowledge proof
   ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
Github
API     
Radoyan1188

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:52:31 PM

less then 2 year ago but don't it out of curiosity. this time i work revenue share sit suddenly i see a blog article and see them it price regularly increase. all day i checked btc price. after a time i see one sit accept btc then i buy some btc. first time i buy one a facebook friend.

Pattart

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:48:01 PM

Out of curiosity ...

It was last year month of june
I bought worth $30 as my initial and trial
Deposit on ccex to practice crypto trading
That time btc price was about $380

I also had that price when 2014-2015 "if I'm not mistaken" I bought some bitcoin that year, very sorry that I sold it when the price went up in that day, because I use bitcoin for short-term investment or trading only. Not for long-term investments, so I'm a bit sad even though prices are skyrocketing at the moment, because I do not store my bitcoin when at a cheap price some year ago

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 644

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:32:12 AM

It was somewhere between September of August 2015 - December. I can't remember what's exactly the date is. And I didn't pulled any amount on my pocket but what I did. Is to do arbitrage, buying from my profit. But I just don't buy when the price was high, I'm waiting for the right time when it get lowered.

corroze

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:19:31 AM

Since 2015 i started to know bitcoin, I started buying bitcoin in mid-2016 when i bought bitcoin to gamble, and by that time bitcoin price was still around $ 700-800. At that time i never predicted that bitcoin prices would increase like this,

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
PRE-SALE      : Nov 29 2017
TOKEN SALE : Dec 12 2017

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
jamids

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:47:24 AM

It's just more than a year ago when I first bought my bitcoin. The price during that time is around $350 - $400. I wish I knew how the value appreciate so fast in just a short span of time but well all of us don't know the future so I'll just make the most of what I was able to buy during that time.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

wallstone

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:54:22 AM

Out of curiosity ...
Actually, I bought my bitcoin few months ago. In addition to that, my classmate told me to buy bitcoin because it will help to get more income and money. I always check the value of bitcoin in market because I want to buy more bitcoin and hold it for a long time. I hope I could get more income by using bitcoin.

Pattart

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:15:20 AM

Out of curiosity ...

It was last year month of june
I bought worth $30 as my initial and trial
Deposit on ccex to practice crypto trading
That time btc price was about $380

I also had that price when 2014-2015 "if I'm not mistaken" I bought some bitcoin that year, very sorry that I sold it when the price went up in that day, because I use bitcoin for short-term investment or trading only. Not for long-term investments, so I'm a bit sad even though prices are skyrocketing at the moment because I do not store my bitcoin when at a cheap price some year ago

mnmnmn

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:41:59 AM

I bought at the peak of the 2013 bubble. Felt dumb for a while, but it all worked out in the end.
serjent05

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:02:52 AM

I never bought my first bitcoins, I got them from the giveaway on this forum.  Though my first purchase of bitcoin was last year after a long hibernation ( skipping the forum).  Right after I woke up from my hibernation and started to be active in this forum again, I bought around 0.3 BTC just to start a trading activity since I have sold all my BTC when I left this forum in the late month of 2015.

FORTUNEJACK.COM[

5 BTC WELCOME PACK FOR 1ST 5 DEPOSITS
FREE 1,000 mBTC daily for LuckyJack winners
[

]
jaki10

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:14:44 AM

Bitcoin before was not that popular that is why I ignored it last 2014. Then I saw this movie ANONYMOUS last 2016, it was about a hacker which they used bitcoin that is when I got interested to it. Then I search more about bitcoin because it was new and im scared using it at first because I'm not that technical person and I don't  really understand how it works.

How about you when did you start using bitcoin. And how? Did your friends mention it to you or you just passed by it in the internet.
CS101

Activity: 84

Started developing blockchain applications in 2014

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 10:48:40 AM

I first heard about bitcoin in 2013 and I brought my first bitcoin is 2015.
yakushev

Activity: 224

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:14:10 AM

The first bitcoin I bought on November 18, 2016. His chenw was four times less than now. I was very worried when I made this purchase. Now I'm sorry I did not buy more coins.

KuromaYoichi

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

I think i bought my first bitcoin in 2013, i can't remember the month but i bought it for about $500. Its just pure curiosity seeing the price rise so much. A few month after that, the bubble burst and i lost hope so i leave it for a while. Early 2016 i remember about bitcoin and checked it to see the price is recovering again, just to realized i lost the private key from moving house.

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
Stavri

Activity: 294

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:13:57 PM

I started to invest about 8 9 months ago. The price was around 700 usd. And when it reaced around 1000 usd i though that it is overpriced and waited thinking i could invest when it drops. But it didnt. So i started to play in altcoins instead of bitcoins. I think it was not a bad decision to aim on altcoins instead of bitcoin  Wink

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
AleSergio

Activity: 238

Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:24:48 PM

I started to invest about 8 9 months ago. The price was around 700 usd. And when it reaced around 1000 usd i though that it is overpriced and waited thinking i could invest when it drops. But it didnt. So i started to play in altcoins instead of bitcoins. I think it was not a bad decision to aim on altcoins instead of bitcoin  Wink
Same thing for me, I also sold my bitcoin maybe when it was about 1200$ and bought them for 1000$. After that i focused more in altcoin market and made a great profit already there Smiley

jilin

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:38:30 PM

I was in contact with btc in 2015 did not buy, understand a few months after the beginning of February 2016 to buy it, remember the original price of 300 - 400 dollars, did not hold how long it did not so I am now a little regret.

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
iyan33

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:47:49 PM

I think at this time still have a chance to buy bitcoin as an investment in the future, because it seems that bitcoin price still potentially increase again from current price.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.