Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:03:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long time lurker, looking for your opinion about these coins and when to invest.  (Read 925 times)
Justaguy2 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 04:15:00 PM

These are the ones i think could be profitable in the long run. (I mean 10 to even 20 years)
I dont think i will start trading because i can be a fuckup, but i see a future where crypto will become mass implemented and i want to be on that train as soon as possible.

I started with a free trading course https://www.babypips.com non the less to become familliar with the business.

Waves, Ripple, Dash, Monero, Maidsafe, Steem, Golem, Antshares, Stratis.

I have no idea how much percentage i will dedicate to what crypto so i would love to get some advice from you guys. Maybe you could sort them in your favor?

I know that this is a lot to follow up so maybe i should lose a few cryptos and only buy 4 kinds for instance?

I think that buying 1 bitcoin is stupid because in the long run it !may! Get to 200% or more but i rather buy 1000 small coins that can boost to 50$ in the long run. So what coins is would you think is best suited for that? Some coins have a lot more availability so it is hard for me to descide. I think about Ripple being my highest investement but i would prefer some input from you guys! Tomorow or the next day i will probably buy. Or would you suggest to wait for another crash?

Thx, i have read a ton of posts on this forum and i think this community rocks. Will defenatly stay here for the long run as well :-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:18:24 PM

These are the ones i think could be profitable in the long run. (I mean 10 to even 20 years)
I dont think i will start trading because i can be a fuckup, but i see a future where crypto will become mass implemented and i want to be on that train as soon as possible.

I started with a free trading course https://www.babypips.com non the less to become familliar with the business.

I have no idea how much percentage i will dedicate to what crypto so i would love to get some advice from you guys. Maybe you could sort them in your favor?

I know that this is a lot to follow up so maybe i should lose a few cryptos and only buy 4 kinds for instance?

I think that buying 1 bitcoin is stupid because in the long run it !may! Get to 200% or more but i rather buy 1000 small coins that can boost to 50$ in the long run. So what coins is would you think is best suited for that? Some coins have a lot more availability so it is hard for me to descide. I think about Ripple being my highest investement but i would prefer some input from you guys! Tomorow or the next day i will probably buy. Or would you suggest to wait for another crash?

Thx, i have read a ton of posts on this forum and i think this community rocks. Will defenatly stay here for the long run as well :-)

It's not as easy as waiting for some small coin to pump. The pump must happen with enough volume for you to dump properly. If it pumps, but the volume of buy orders is not big, you are not going to be able to sell everything for a decent amount.

BTC has realistic chances to hit $10,000 within the next decade. Some of these coins could pump, but I don't see why exactly.

Ripple is not even a blockchain, I hold none of that.
Maidsafe still has to show that is not vaporware.
Waves, I dont know what it does.
Golem, i've seen accusations of it needing to solve some seemingly unsolvable problems for it to work.
Antshare, no idea, some chinese thing.
Dash... has been proven to be scammy.
Steem, im not sure, but i've seen some scam accusations too.
The only two I like from the list: Monero and Stratis. Monero has it's own problems, but it's an honest project. Stratis claims to solve ETH's problems with sidechains, im yet to see it, but unless something changes, ETH is pretty much doomed, so I guess Stratis could be a good hold, but we need to see if it will hold the previous resistances.

PS: Anything can pump in the world of crypto, including scams.

Justaguy2 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 07:07:46 PM

Thx for your opinion, will look into it a bit more. I have to admit that i didn't hear about the scams otherwise i wouldn't have put them on my list. Asside from that i do beleive the reason why it is mostly "air" we are buying is also the reason why it can skyrocket. That is why i want to invest in a bunch of coins rather then just one. On your sidenote i also have to agree, look at the old dubai coin that is still gaining :p.

You just completely wiped 80% off the list i have been working on for some weeks :p. Appreciate that ;-)
Justaguy2 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:28:39 PM

It's not as easy as waiting for some small coin to pump. The pump must happen with enough volume for you to dump properly. If it pumps, but the volume of buy orders is not big, you are not going to be able to sell everything for a decent amount.

BTC has realistic chances to hit $10,000 within the next decade. Some of these coins could pump, but I don't see why exactly.

Golem, i've seen accusations of it needing to solve some seemingly unsolvable problems for it to work.
The only two I like from the list: Monero and Stratis. Monero has it's own problems, but it's an honest project. Stratis claims to solve ETH's problems with sidechains, im yet to see it, but unless something changes, ETH is pretty much doomed, so I guess Stratis could be a good hold, but we need to see if it will hold the previous resistances.

For the Golem problem i refer to this link here. Still want to jump that ship. https://www.reddit.com/r/GolemProject/comments/6ellba/fair_problems_that_need_to_be_addressed/
The steem scam made me scrap it off my list, we need a new steem cause i like the idea though. Also this post is craving for a fork https://steemit.com/money/@ubg/welcome-to-my-money-farm

Now the question remains, what on top of the percentage list and what on the bottom. My opinion now is this.

Ripple 15%
Antshare 15%
Maidsafe 15%
Monero 15%
Stratis 15%
Golem 10%
Waves 5%
Others 10%

Edit: If i think the above 15% cryptos are the most likely to rise i should Know which one has the least value based on coins premined and allready mined and keep into account how many there are available.  Then buy most of that. Any math gurus out here or some website who can tell me this?
CryptoPro3

Activity: 182

Money loves speed

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:33:46 PM

Well the time to invest is when the coin is near a low, and is in red. That way you can rest assured you bought at the lowest price (or close to) as you could.

IMO the best ones out of the bunch are:

*WAVES
*Monero
*Steem
*Antshares
*Stratis

I would stay away from Ripple, Dash, Mainsafe, Golem - but that's just me, others would disagree and that's fine.

▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬WAVES▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩
THE ONLY BLOCKCHAIN YOU NEED
▩▬ DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE ▬▩
Justaguy2 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:49:48 PM

Well the time to invest is when the coin is near a low, and is in red. That way you can rest assured you bought at the lowest price (or close to) as you could.

IMO the best ones out of the bunch are:

*WAVES
*Monero
*Steem
*Antshares
*Stratis

I would stay away from Ripple, Dash, Mainsafe, Golem - but that's just me, others would disagree and that's fine.

Ok Ripple i like because banks are taking interest. Dash is off the list thx to pereira4, i like the idea behind maidsafe to much to drop it and same goes for Golem :p

Thx for your opinion though, if you could elaborate as to why you dont like the ones you stated i have a flexible mind Smiley.
R.R. Toulkens

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:54:34 PM

LTC is not even in your list, lol  Cheesy Cheesy
josebcn

Activity: 394
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:54:52 PM

You don't know what Waves does?Really?

Antshare some chinese thing.

What kind of opinion is this?

I guess the good coins are the ones that are in your portfolio right?

Telegram Group Crypto Gifs Channel https://t.me/Cryptogifschannel
HODL to the moon

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:59:09 PM

I really like Waves because it is the biggest player on the decentralized exchange issue right now. The other project in thsi field which I like is HEAT, it is really small right now. But might be worth a look!

Justaguy2 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:00:48 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2017, 09:16:12 PM by Justaguy2

LTC is not even in your list, lol  Cheesy Cheesy

Because i have a few of those allready Wink

But as i said, it is for the long run so i want to buy the coin that has the least value now. I will offcourse have to follow up on forks and all that shit but for instance buying 100dollar worth of LTC will get me nothing compared to 100$ of low value coin like ripple right? I want to be the one that makes 50K in the long run then 50$ in the short.
maxpowerzz92

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:31:30 PM

Ok Ripple i like because banks are taking interest. Dash is off the list thx to pereira4, i like the idea behind maidsafe to much to drop it and same goes for Golem :p

Thx for your opinion though, if you could elaborate as to why you dont like the ones you stated i have a flexible mind Smiley.

Not DASH because it's "scammy" from one person isn't really a wise decision is it?  Here's a link to DASH with a whole bunch of information that you may find useful.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/6kbrua/link_collection_all_recent_core_team/

I'm really looking forward to the Alt36 integration which will provide the US cannabis industry with a viable payments platform solution.

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Alt36DashPaymentPlatformpart2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnpty2rxb7p9fw5/Project%20Update%20July%202017.pdf?dl=0

Make your own decisions with all the facts, and if it's not DASH then at least you had all the information available.

Justaguy2 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:55:37 PM

Not DASH because it's "scammy" from one person isn't really a wise decision is it?  Here's a link to DASH with a whole bunch of information that you may find useful.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/6kbrua/link_collection_all_recent_core_team/

I'm really looking forward to the Alt36 integration which will provide the US cannabis industry with a viable payments platform solution.

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Alt36DashPaymentPlatformpart2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnpty2rxb7p9fw5/Project%20Update%20July%202017.pdf?dl=0

Make your own decisions with all the facts, and if it's not DASH then at least you had all the information available.

I did some research offcourse and actually this one person made me descide: https://medium.com/@omiros23/evans-and-dash-s-scam-story-add1f16528ae

Will check out your links though!

Edit: except the pdf one because you know... pdf...
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:56:13 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2017, 10:04:44 PM by jpoker272727

10-20 Years is really a long time and it's hard to predict from the current statistics from the coins that you mentioned above.

Based on what would you speculate/predict how far will a coin go, 20 years in the tech world is very long and many factors can change/affect the stability of a coin.
Justaguy2 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:07:31 PM

10-20 Years is really a long time and it's hard to predict from the current statistics from the coins that you mentioned aboce.

Can't argue with that but no one can tell i guess, i need to stay up to date about the projects and others comming up. Hard to see the forest through all the trees so i'm hoping at least one will come through. These ones have good developers and a healthy community so i am willing to take the risk.
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:18:12 PM

All your coins have bit market cap. I can suggest you buy some relatively small market cap coin. Some small altcoin which has big expectations for the future maybe 3-5% in your portfolio. This coins, of course, has more risk but the profit is also big. Maybe Safe exchange coin or Elastic both of them have a bright future.
Justaguy2 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:52:57 PM

All your coins have bit market cap. I can suggest you buy some relatively small market cap coin. Some small altcoin which has big expectations for the future maybe 3-5% in your portfolio. This coins, of course, has more risk but the profit is also big. Maybe Safe exchange coin or Elastic both of them have a bright future.

Noted, that is why i left a gap of 10%. But need more research on these projects first.
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:10:27 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 09:27:44 AM by jpoker272727

10-20 Years is really a long time and it's hard to predict from the current statistics from the coins that you mentioned aboce.

Can't argue with that but no one can tell i guess, i need to stay up to date about the projects and others comming up. Hard to see the forest through all the trees so i'm hoping at least one will come through. These ones have good developers and a healthy community so i am willing to take the risk.
CryptoPro3

Activity: 182

Money loves speed

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:34:12 PM

I'm suprised about Waves that is not listed in poloniex, it has been a while for this coin that is "popular" but haven't got the poloniex support to get listed there.

The reason I believe Waves is not listed in Poloniex, is because they see Waves as a threat since they are a rising competitor. Waves is a decentralized exchange and Poloniex is a centralized exchange. Polo must feel keeping Waves out of their exchange has a higher award than the $ they would make if Waves was listed. Hmm.. really says something about the potential of Waves actually.

▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬WAVES▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩
THE ONLY BLOCKCHAIN YOU NEED
▩▬ DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE ▬▩
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:21:40 AM

Many of the projects that you are thinking on investing have not been around for that long, it seems that you are misunderstanding altcoins, altcoins are not meant to be held for so long, you get and altcoin wait for it to pump and then get profits, after that you buy bitcoin or buy other altcoin and wait for it to pump repeating the cycle.
R.R. Toulkens

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 08:33:43 AM

Many of the projects that you are thinking on investing have not been around for that long, it seems that you are misunderstanding altcoins, altcoins are not meant to be held for so long, you get and altcoin wait for it to pump and then get profits, after that you buy bitcoin or buy other altcoin and wait for it to pump repeating the cycle.

Ethereum Classic going to moon.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: