Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:16:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain-Ver agenda exposed  (Read 1382 times)
pereira4 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 04:59:42 PM

The Bitmain-Ver PBOC sponsored attack on Bitcoin is increasingly obvious as the spam attacks become increasingly less organic and happening right in key moments where hardfork FUD is being spread.

Segwit2x will soon join XT, Classic, and Unlimited into the also ever increasing list of Failed Bitcoin Takeover attempts.

Sorry, no hard forks for you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 05:04:08 PM

The block 470824 is a dead giveaway on what was going on. Now transactions are again confirming with fees as long as 0.03 BTC. It's obvious the Ver money was running out of steam and as soon as the miners agreed on segwit2x, the money stream for the spam was cut, because they are saving it to push the spam attack again in probably one of the up and coming key dates such as mid or end July, first of mid august, or around October-November or even December where the hardfork drums of war will be at all time highs.

Very sad, and clear strategy of the big blockers here at play. I wonder how much money has Ver wasted already on all this big block propaganda.
ayurvedicurea2growtaller

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 05:52:48 PM

wow that's a close call.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2017, 06:34:28 PM

Cool. I like that strong scientific analytics here. It must come out that way..

Grin

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4412

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:48:15 PM

lol

segwit2x = barry silbert

barry silbert = blockstream puppet master. all barry wants is segwit activated ASAP, all spam+propaganda leads back to barry even the tx spam that started when core bips "needed" to be pushed,

check out the mempool spam accelerate in october-november 2016.. oh and a spike around the june '16 period the other core bip needed some attention..

and if you dont think that barry is a puppetmaster. go check out his portfolio of companies he has OWNERSHIP stake in
http://dcg.co/portfolio/
blockstream
coinbase
BTCC
bloq

people can point fingers in different directions all they like, but if you follow the money and drama, its clear to see the strings

nice try pereira4, but next time you and billy really should stop trying to grasp empty staws from reddit and do some real research

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 07:44:14 PM

That could confirm what many of us have been saying for a long time. Things like.

#1 The block size debate should have been more about implementing methods to prevent spam DDoS transactions.

#2 Block size was never the issue, the real problem was nefarious activity which couldn't be classified as legitimate user behavior.

#3 Increasing block size wouldn't fix the issue as larger block sizes would never stop or prevent DDoS transaction spam.

Etc, etc.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:00:29 PM

I didn't think that there were people the doubted the spam attacks being used as a means of encouraging a shift to/from a specific fork that someone wanted to implement. I will say that I wasn't sure if it was just miners trying to push fees higher so that they would make more money or if it was some shot at a power grab.

Based on what I am seeing in this thread it might just be a shitpost or there might be some seriousness to the graphic provided.
FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:40:53 PM

lol

segwit2x = barry silbert

barry silbert = blockstream puppet master. all barry wants is segwit activated ASAP, all spam+propaganda leads back to barry even the tx spam that started when core bips "needed" to be pushed,

check out the mempool spam accelerate in october-november 2016.. oh and a spike around the june '16 period the other core bip needed some attention..

and if you dont think that barry is a puppetmaster. go check out his portfolio of companies he has OWNERSHIP stake in
blockstream
coinbase
BTCC
bloq

people can point fingers in different directions all they like, but if you follow the money and drama, its clear to see the strings

nice try pereira4, but next time you and billy really should stop trying to grasp empty staws from reddit and do some real research

Hey franky, what's your prediction on who pulls out of the agreement first?

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:48:37 PM

lol

segwit2x = barry silbert

blockstream
coinbase
BTCC
bloq

you are right !
see where DGC (Digital Currency Group) is shareholder too. there SO MANY shills and brainwashed here.  the last ones think that they really count.  LOL

few gangs "own" the e-currency called Bitcoin. they manipulate the market, they own the biggest exchangers, the BTC developers(yes, they pay them) , biggest wallets , miners and BTC media.

classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:59:50 PM

lol

segwit2x = barry silbert

you are right !
see where DGC (Digital Currency Group) is shareholder too. there SO MANY shills and brainwashed here.  the last ones think that they really count.  LOL

few gangs "own" the e-currency called Bitcoin. they manipulate the market, they own the biggest exchangers, the BTC developers(yes, they pay them) , biggest wallets , miners and BTC media.

Bingo franky1. Funny that he would try to pin the mempool spam on Ver, obviously it was Core/DCG/Blockstream shills FUDing for Segwit adoption. It didn't work so they switched to the UASF tactic. Peter Todd is working behind the scenes (shaolinfry) as Ethereum takes more and more Bitcoin market share away.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 11:52:44 PM

How are we sure it is them exactly though? What if someone else is pulling the strings but the whole time Bitmain/Ver seem to be the enemy...

What if other miners really do want to do this but they just publicly lie about it?
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 12:47:27 AM

July 21 to July 29 cards are on the table.

RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:38:37 AM

i no longer know what is going on with bitcoin Cheesy
i was actually excited about SegWit2x and thought with the big miners support we can finally get SegWit but i don't get why all the fights are about anymore and each time i read one of these topics i don't see any clues either, just the same things being repeated!

Buying the dip...
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:11:54 AM

funny stuff here

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 05:56:24 AM

Give us one reason why expanding the transaction throughput size (as has been done in the past) should not happen again, now?

Are you against bitcoin being used as a currency? Do you have a big position in Litecoin, Dash, or Monero and hope that Bitcoin will die so your preferred alt will flourish?

And segwit seems to open a lot of risk if we're going to separate the actual transaction from the thing that verifies the who, what, and when of the transaction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4412

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:41:31 AM

Bingo franky1. Funny that he would try to pin the mempool spam on Ver, obviously it was Core/DCG/Blockstream shills FUDing for Segwit adoption. It didn't work so they switched to the UASF tactic. Peter Todd is working behind the scenes (shaolinfry) as Ethereum takes more and more Bitcoin market share away.

LOL
your wrong about the bold part
the market CAP is a empty bubble number of empty maths and no financial backing. and has nothing to do with REAL MARKET SHARE

until ethereum shows real stats of USERS.. MERCHANTS and also public knowledge/utility.. ethereum is meaningless

i can set up an altcoin in 10 seconds with 5trillion coins. sell one coin on a exchange for $1  and bam, $5trillion market CAP
but my alt will have no users, no financial backing, no merchants. no public knowledge.. thus is NOT taking away from the REAL MARKET SHARE

the market cap is taking a price of a SINGLE TRADE and multiplying it
not by the volume processed that day.
not by the volume of users
not by the volume coins spent, moved

but by the empty number of coins created.

as i explained with the scenario of creating an alt in 10 seconds.. anyone can fake a market cap
the market cap is not a market share statistic. its just a speculators empty bubble number to scream about

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:56:16 PM

LOL
your wrong about the bold part
the market CAP is a empty bubble number of empty maths and no financial backing. and has nothing to do with REAL MARKET SHARE
as i explained with the scenario of creating an alt in 10 seconds.. anyone can fake a market cap

Who said anything about market cap? It's a fact that Ethereum has seen a huge increase in transaction volume and fiat exchange rate. Several times in recent history the daily total USD transaction volume for ETH has exceeded BTC's. That's not fake. Don't trust me, check https://etherscan.io/charts

Don't get me wrong, I think ETH is crap. It's just an indicator of market interest and just how unable Bitcoin has been to deliver on it in 2017, mostly due to the scaling deadlock and refusal increase the blocksize.
pereira4 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:35:07 PM

lol

segwit2x = barry silbert

you are right !

Greg Maxwell thinks UASF BIP148 is nonsense. Everyone on Core think segwit2x is a scam. You are missing the points here. This is an obvious XT/Classic/Unlimited situation. Another hardfork-excuse to fire Core devs. How can you not see this yet? You don't seem new so you must be a troll or just missing the game theory at play.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:56:14 PM

I am still not able to see how can one pinpoint a spam attack to someone or an entity or even prove successfully that there was a spam attack.

I've asked this many times on the forum and haven't got any answer, and I will ask again, since this thread has everything to do with it: why would people supporting a block size increase spam the network? That's counter productive. These people want bigger blocks because the 1MB ones we have are congested enough. Spamming the network will congest these blocks further. So people wanting a less congestioned Bitcoin are going to spam it? Makes no sense to me.

#2 Block size was never the issue, the real problem was nefarious activity which couldn't be classified as legitimate user behavior.

Block size is and will be an issue (this doesn't mean that SegWit or DDoS is irrelevant)
Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:30:45 PM

Sorry, but no one need your permission. If you feel butthurt there is agreement SegWit2x is Bitcoin, feel free to use some altcoin instead.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: