Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:31:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rx 470 Bios Mod Help  (Read 244 times)
Jigor (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:44:22 PM

I was wondering  if i could bios mod 2 rx 470s with different memory type on the same computer? Like bios mod one with samsung and another bios mod with Elpida. I would flash one card at a time using the right bios depending on memory?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stoniestfool

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:28:13 PM

i really hate newbies that would rather make post than do any research what so ever. when you cards break from modding you will not be able to get the repaired. Since modding them void the warranty.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 03:13:08 AM

I was wondering  if i could bios mod 2 rx 470s with different memory type on the same computer? Like bios mod one with samsung and another bios mod with Elpida. I would flash one card at a time using the right bios depending on memory?

yes , you can mode both cards

i really hate newbies that would rather make post than do any research what so ever. when you cards break from modding you will not be able to get the repaired. Since modding them void the warranty.

i would say you have better chance to kill your cards if you using those cards for mining without any modification ( bios mod , mem/gpu undervolting , gpu underclocking ..)

!!proper!! bios mod or any fine tuning with software actually can give a longer life cycle for your cards , cards can run much cooler , fan running much slower , cards producing higher hashrate ...
running those cards for mining with stock setup ... shortening those cards life time ...

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: