Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:42:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would bitcoin help teach kids about saving?  (Read 14100 times)
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:24:33 PM

If they started saving now they will be rich in the future for sure. Because you can see bitcoin only growing. Sometimes it went down but it always goes back up. So that is why you should teach kids about bitcoin and saving bitcoin.
Most kids are not going to have the mental maturity to understand that holding bitcoin for a long time is going to give them profits, you must understand that even the most level headed kid does not have a lot of patience these days, in fact patience is not a characteristic that is common among the human population that is why despite the fact that everyone knows that holding is good very few do it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Awnar

Activity: 230
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:01:33 AM

Like cash it doesn’t really teach kids even some adults about how to properly manage spending. It really depends on the person using bitcoin, it also depends on the people around that person or kinds who will teach and remind them about handling and managing their bitcoin. If we will teach kids about proper way of spending and saving its better to show them how to do it not just by words but also by example.
Pixyoxx

Activity: 291
Merit: 119

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:29:21 AM

Yes definitely, alt coins can be a detrimental factor in teaching young children about savings and investment. Here they can see real time fluctuation and how they can make profit out of this. They can learn about the market here with bitcoins and can develop their interest in savings.
Kr8os

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 11:33:11 PM

I don't know if that would encourage SAVING....but investment. But even that would be a very skewed view of what investment would normally look because of the upward trajectory Bitcoin is currently trending on.
romeitaly

Activity: 308
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:49:02 PM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?
Well, that's a good idea, and I think somehow yes, it will help them to save more money. Just let them know what it is all about so that they can fully understand how it goes and how it works. Bitcoin somehow says to us that netter to save now than to spend because there's a possibility it will get bigger and it is better to spend it later on because you have saved more than enough.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:51:03 PM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?
Actually for their young mines, probably it won't work for them. We can't force them to be that way because they just enjoying their time as a kid. It is their time to be in school and learn more and they can learn savings later time.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:53:52 PM

Actually for their young mines, probably it won't work for them. We can't force them to be that way because they just enjoying their time as a kid. It is their time to be in school and learn more and they can learn savings later time.

Sure, it should be a matter of choice and not imposition. The kids themselves should be allowed to make their decisions when they are old enough to understand and absorb bitcoin but we can invest in it for their future sake.
Asmonist

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:26:57 AM

As early as possible we should learn to save. When I was young my mother teach me how to save. I used an empty container of an alcohol or baby powder to put my coins. At this time, I guess its best to teach them now especially that there are so many things to spend today. So if they have savings then you can teach them to invest in bitcoin. Kids today are very used to in internet as well.

Natsuu

Activity: 1106
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:46:03 AM

Yeah I agree. The fact that we can teach the kids to save up even without bitcoin and their interest and focus are into something.
I mean they're too young for this, just let them explore through themselves and without forcing these and those. And when the time comes, for sure they'll be the one to ask you about this bitcoin thing.

lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:15:37 AM

I think btc will really helps the kids to earn some money, like me before btc was introduced to me i did'nt save any money i always spend every money that i had but when btc was introduced by my friend to me my aspect in life change i learn to save money and to plan for my future it really helps a lot.

szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:19:39 AM

I think btc will really helps the kids to earn some money, like me before btc was introduced to me i did'nt save any money i always spend every money that i had but when btc was introduced by my friend to me my aspect in life change i learn to save money and to plan for my future it really helps a lot.

It will help them save but it should be under the guidance of a parent or a guardian so that they wouldn't be easily led astray by what they could do with the funds they are earning and holding.
Wickedwitch28

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:38:49 AM

I don't think it's the best way for kids to teach bitcoins how to save money. There are establishments that accept bitcoins and you can't avoid it because bitcoin is in the market nowadays. I suggest to teach them how to spend right the money.

KitToken.net                     
     ▔  Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing  ▔     
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:30:05 AM

It will help them save but it should be under the guidance of a parent or a guardian so that they wouldn't be easily led astray by what they could do with the funds they are earning and holding.
I agree to that. They still need to be guided by their parents because their parents will help them to go to the right path in bitcoin because if they will not be guided by their parents then they will become greedy in spending or using their bitcoin unlike if they will be guided because they will become more conservative about bitcoin and they will prefer to keep it rather than spend it.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:12:01 PM

Like cash it doesn’t really teach kids even some adults about how to properly manage spending. It really depends on the person using bitcoin, it also depends on the people around that person or kinds who will teach and remind them about handling and managing their bitcoin. If we will teach kids about proper way of spending and saving its better to show them how to do it not just by words but also by example.
We do not need money to teach about kids about saving, you could use candy, you could give to them some candy and tell them that if they keep that candy for some days that they are going to receive more candy in return then you explain to them the same happens to money and bitcoin and they are going to be able to grasp the concept immediately and understand the concept of saving.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:54:49 PM

We do not need money to teach about kids about saving, you could use candy, you could give to them some candy and tell them that if they keep that candy for some days that they are going to receive more candy in return then you explain to them the same happens to money and bitcoin and they are going to be able to grasp the concept immediately and understand the concept of saving.

This is perfect example of how some people give bitcoin to much power. Many similar threads where people think that bitcoin can solve poverty, bitcoin can solve all the problems in economy, and now we have thread about bitcoin helping kids to save?! Bitcoin can`t help in any of this things, bitcoin doesn`t have power to solve anything, its a tool, and tools are used to make things easier and better but only if you know how to use it.
You can give many examples how to teach kids about saving, probably all of them are good, kids are different and each kid needs different approach. When you teach him how to save he will save everything, not just money.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Geemy

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:02:29 PM

it's very hard to teach kids about bitcoin , and many another way to teach them how to saving
selectaselectine

Activity: 235
Merit: 16

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:56:42 AM

Yes. I think teaching children on how to spend their money wisely can help them save.

pecson134

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:11:48 AM

Yes you could because in bitcoins you can teach them the principle of saving and using it on the right time and the implications when you used up all your saving without hesitation. Bitcoins will just serve as a medium to teach not only kids but also those people who were buying on impulse or what we called impulsive buying.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
thet

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

elysian.finance

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:13:40 AM

We can teach them how to save and how to value the money that they get from their allowances in school. It will help them to be responsible in the future.

At their very young age, i think they will not appreciate and pickup when i explain with them about bitcoin. I will just wait until they ask me what i am doing, that will be the start of the conversation process.

TagaMungkahi

Activity: 364
Merit: 118

Bounty Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/YRVVt3

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:15:50 AM

In my opinion, yes but not in the sense of saving but more on holding it, they might hold their money expecting it to grow more in value just like what holding bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: