Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:51:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would bitcoin help teach kids about saving?  (Read 14100 times)
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:28:38 AM

Like cash it doesn’t really teach kids even some adults about how to properly manage spending. It really depends on the person using bitcoin, it also depends on the people around that person or kinds who will teach and remind them about handling and managing their bitcoin. If we will teach kids about proper way of spending and saving its better to show them how to do it not just by words but also by example.
We do not need money to teach about kids about saving, you could use candy, you could give to them some candy and tell them that if they keep that candy for some days that they are going to receive more candy in return then you explain to them the same happens to money and bitcoin and they are going to be able to grasp the concept immediately and understand the concept of saving.
I think the kids can learn from their elders how they are saving and investing and the best place for their learning is bitcoin world. I mean if I invest in bitcoin and tell my son that I have bought some digital currency which is not only a digital coin business but also like a regular currency. I can use my bitcoin anywhere in the world for purchasing anything. My kid will definitely take keen interest in bitcoin and for which he will try to save.
Do you think you should be teaching a kid anything about bitcoin ?you’re better off helping with school assignments rather teaching them something give them distraction.it's not time to teach them about bitcoin. It'ss okay to teach them how to save of what their parents give to them not by doing things to have profit or any investment. Getting into bitcoin world isn't easy as you think.
It depends, I’m not a parent but I'm going to make sure my kids understand the value of money from an early age, many subjects are taught at school, but how to manage your money, avoid debts and make good investments are not one of those topics, so if you do not teach those topics to your kids it is likely they are never going to learn them, if people took the time to teach their kids those lessons we would have never suffer some of the economic crisis that have happened recently.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Charisse1229

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:38:09 AM

I believe it is a good thing in general to use as savings but I don't know if it will necessarily teach kids about it, i think kids are they dont care about savings, they want to spend lot of money if they have money,they want to buy anything they want so for us as a father/mother we settle our kids.
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:50:00 AM

If you're talking about teens like me then it will be a big help before i know bitcoin i'm good for nothing i always spend everytime i got money on my hands. I do not save money for my expenses always buying what i want too even i don't need it but when bitcoin introduced to me it helps me change the way i spend money and it helps me change my mind set now i always save and invest so that i have a money that i can use for my future and i don't just recklessly buy something that i don't need i always think about it now before buying. Bitcoin really is a big helps specially to people like me.

Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:01:34 AM

In my opinion, I think Bitcoin would not be necessarily a help to teach kids about saving. We should be practocal regarding this matter. Even without bitcoin, you could teach kids about saving by having several examples and scenarios that will make them realize that saving is important for them. If they will grow old and will know about bitcoin then maybe they will value saving more.
Kids have sharp mind and they can understand bitcoin easily and if bitcoin is started as teaching program this coin will help the kids to understand and think about their future clearly and more of it kids will learn easily and they will clearly make a mindset to join this field and I think that bitcoin will be adopted as professional job and this will lead to the most developed region and help the community in many ways .
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:12:24 AM

I think bitcoin will help kids to understand its basic use. But saving money should be taught by parents not a just pushing them to bitcoin which really needs understanding about the market. Moral lesson should be taught first for the kids to help them grow helpfull and bright in the future.

denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:21:12 AM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?
Good idea and it seems that it will work and can dig out their mindset, which can be avoid waste. Bitcoin that has price movements that continue tend leads to altitude, this can teach them to better save, manage the profits to be gained and the importance of saving. And we know bitcoin can also be used as a savings for the future or as a profitable investment. But from that's all, nonetheless we must still to keep oversee on them.

Lady Coquet

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:54:12 AM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?
I think it's a good idea to teach your 2 cousins about saving using bitcoin so they could buy the things that they wanted. They could also earn more money with it and they could help each other when they used bitcoin for their daily lives.
Tantlizbat

Activity: 184

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:52:23 AM

Bitcoin may not teach about savings directly but perhaps the use of it will. For me, it has taught me how to save because for the first time in my life, I've been earning through bitcoin. It has made my become conscious of my finances and expenses. It has taught me how to save because I am now mindful of the financial decisions that I make. Perhaps in a way, once kids learn about finances through bitcoin, it may teach them a thing or two about saving.
I think it can teach kids how to save money for themselves because their main problem is to get control on their money, which is very hard for them to control on the paper money but if we look to the digital currency than for a kid, getting control on bitcoin is much easier than that of getting control on paper money. Not only kids but bitcoin also can teach adults the best ways of saving money which is a positive sign.
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:06:15 AM

I think it's a good idea to teach your 2 cousins about saving using bitcoin so they could buy the things that they wanted. They could also earn more money with it and they could help each other when they used bitcoin for their daily lives.
Kids mind is so sharp and if this coin is taught to them as subject they can understands this coin in good way and for this schools must take initiative to start teaching this coin to kids as subject and this will give them mental awareness and as well all know that this coin will be the future currency so this will help them to survive in the future and I am sure many of kids will choose this field to work in future for profit.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:41:10 AM

I Think it will because if they see you can make millions without doing anything and just waiting for your bitcoins to go up then it will probably motivate them to also not give anything out and see for myself.
Bitcoins can ultimately lead to a change of thought among children especially who know that they have a lot of challenges ahead of them and have a complete life that is needed to be sustained well in order to have a bright future. Price of Bitcoin is rising day by day and it is expected to increase more than dollar 10000 in the upcoming year wrong with all these decentralization being illegal economy and many other factors add up to The cost of buying more and more Bitcoins and saving them for future use.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:48:51 AM

Actually saving helps you at the end. When you just think of the future when you will be having nothing in your pocket and your colleagues will be enjoying the perks of bitcoins, then you will surely curse yourself why you just spent that bitcoins in all that shit. Saving is best and try to invest too. A little portion from your savings must be there in investment so that a growth is there too.
arlinxoha

Activity: 402
Merit: 101

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:51:10 PM

Yes, of course, I think
 Bitcoin will help teach children about preservation. Because if kids can learn to save in a small way, then they can grow up to do a lot. Their future will be bright. Therefore, every parent should give proper education to children about Bitcoin. Or they may be in danger.

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
smauni
Copper Member

Activity: 484
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:22:44 PM

Of course!
Bitcoin will help teach kids about saving. If the parents of the children can give proper education about their Bitcoin. Because the kids are small, they can not understand everything and they can lose money. So they have to give them proper education.
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:54:47 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin can teach them a lot things. If you give them some bitcoin to start with and you explained them all the necessary knowledge they need in bitcoin and also teach them how to earn bitcoin, I know for sure that they would be smarter with their money. Since they will realized the importance of bitcoin, they will carry that realization in their everyday life.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:08:08 PM

Unfortunately not, if you see the impact of the credit cards; where the people spends more than if they are using paper money, the facts like the eight decimal digits and the facility of spending will not help about the control of spend. But i think bitcoin can help much about how the currencies works and how the cryptos can be better than paper money.
I have seen some rich parents giving their kids credit cards, then when they grow, these kids become spenders that cannot control themselves and their parents are surprised this happened, but they were the ones at fault by not teaching them the merits of saving, this is why I think it is very important to teach our kids about the value of money and how difficult it is to earn it.
Odora

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:33:27 PM

I can not teach a kid how to saving with Bitcoin, what I can teach to a kid is what is Bitcoin how to get it and how to use it ...
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:03:43 AM

I guess bitcoin will help to teach kids on investment matters because for me bitcoin  more of an investment since what we mostly is trade and have it placed on some earning activities such as mining. Yes it is saving but in bitcoin we earn if we leave our coins to stay longer on our account and wait for the right bitcoin value when we have it withdrawed. However, even if this can teach investment or savings to kids, I still don’t see it to be good for them since they should still enjoy their youth while they are at it and not be on the thinking of earning and making money especially when they are not obliged to.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:30:43 AM

Dont give bitcoin a burden to teach the kids about saving,its a parental obligation or guardians.the kids learn how to be spender or saver on how the people that he came along treated money,and how they teaches them the value of working and earning.by then they would bring it as they grows older
heraldlazaro25

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

ODEM.IO - UNLOCKING HIGHER EDUCATION

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:49:06 AM

It is a good idea to teach bitcoin to kids but it depends to the kid what he/she will do with his/her knowledge about bitcoin. Maybe some of them will learn how to save and invest and some of them will just ignore and forget what they know about bitcoin. Remember, they are still kids and all they think and know is to play and be happy with their lives.

BurhanPSG

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:09:39 AM

I agree with your opinion, you better explain well what is the negative and positive impact of saving money in form of bitcoin. Because it is very unfortunate if we already have assets BTC or ALTCOIN only in use for things that are not useful.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: