Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:47:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would bitcoin help teach kids about saving?  (Read 14098 times)
Seaze007

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:57:17 PM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?
I think for the kids they don't know yet about bitcoin. So before they know bitcoin just teach them how to save their money,and teach  them how to spend in a good way. Because in the future, maybe bitcoin is one of the useful to spend. When they buy their stuff they used bitcoin. So before that teach young people how to save their own money

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dulce dd121990

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:57:44 PM

The sense of bitcoin pattern is like saving, and if this thing introduce to kids, it may give them an idea and they may learn how to save and if they save they may get more from it. But this maybe impractical and not applicable for kids because although they know then how to save, they still cannot internalize it and never understand the true procedure of bitcoin saving and its usage. But only the "saving" idea.  

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:25:50 PM

It could be and couldn't be at the same time. Bitcoin could be a tool in helping kids to somehow value money. In Bitcoin we are tend to hold our coins and patient until the price or our expected rate is reached before selling it, kids could learn how to wait and save based from our guidance. It couldn't be, why? Not all the time we can check on our kids and Bitcoin is quite a big industry. Kids nowadays are curious about a lot of things and they'll try to figure out it on their own. If they accidentally engage in Gambling for sure it would be a disaster, what more if they already experience to win.
selectaselectine

Activity: 235
Merit: 16

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:04:18 PM

I think that there are other ways to teach kids on how to save money, because in my opinion kids will not be able to save even with the help of Bitcoin when they can't discipline theimselves and when they can't value the importance of saving.

Activitycoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:43:50 PM

I think no, but bitcoin will teach the about investment, only save money will not give you much benefit but by investing you could have the better future.
Well I think in some schools bitcoin is already start teaching and I think japan is the first country who start teaching of bitcoin in school and it also start helping to kids many of kids are trying to keep it save bitcoin and they have a plan to use it when they become young and I’m sure it will help them a lot in their future.
c0akley

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:39:06 AM

With regards to savings, i don't believe bitcoin can help parents to teach children about cost savings.  The reason for this is that, Bitcoin or money does not make a difference if parents implement savings teachings for their kids.  It can be the environment that kids had when it is expanding.  Keep in mind, Bitcoin will and can by no means speak.  It can be those who apply it to how they will use it.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 10:31:55 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2017, 09:54:38 AM by layoutph

Not just kids even adults will learn to save money to buy bitcoin. Investing taught me how to use money, It taught me how to use it wisely. The only downside of crypto is by investing it to other altcoins ,sometimes it doesnt work specially if you buy from the top.
trickee

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:23:53 AM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?
yeah,that's correct.bitcoin will help and teach them how to save especially if you have a extramoney,and bitcoin is the best way to teach them how to save money.while they are stil kids we  teach them how to save money and it is not bad to know them about bitcoin.
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:21:10 PM

I think if youre going to teach bitcoin to kids, you will have a hard time because that kind of topic is not for them. Kids always want to have fun and play and they dont have time for that kind of serious thing. Bitcoin is for those people who want to earn their own money to sustain their daily needs.
Well I think bitcoin is not only going to teach about saving but also it teach about trade and investment as well so I think it’s very important to teach kids about all these things because I’m sure it will help them in their future be use coming time is very stuff for every one even it’s also very hard to find a job so this saving can help them in their future.
We should teach our kids about bitcoin and how to buy and earn more and more money holding our bitcoin. We will spend our savings to buy bitcoin and can make money through bitcoins. By this way I think the kids will learn to save money for investing in bitcoin in the future and would make more money through our investment in bitcoin. I think it is good to teach our kids how to save money and for what purpose.
Mr.Halfthel

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:48:19 PM

No it would not help them saving because children need to focus on other things like watching TV  and going outside that is what they need not to save money at a young age that is why i do not agree with you that children need to learn saving.
Jose Rizal

Activity: 273

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:56:47 PM

Saving is actually a kind of habit tgat you dont need to be involve in one of the most risk taking system nowadays just to learn how to apply it, its something to do with the mentality of a person towards his or her money. If you save you can have for emergency if you dont then accept the consequences, you dont need to involve our young people just learn how to save.

anga3636

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:22:37 AM

I think it can be a good example for them when you will be telling them about saving especially when they will be using digital currency to save. But if you will be giving off bitcoin as an example, you must give them an explanation about how the price change and how volatile their price is.
Bitcoin is a great  help in teaching one how to save but for the children i think it's not convenient for them now because they still have no idea about how to manage money.
Better believe it! That would be very difficult to persuade kids to spare cash in type of bitcoins. Be that as it may, in the meantime, it's astute to give them know what about bitcoins. Since bitcoins are the future pioneers of computerized world and soon there will be more contenders to purchase bitcoins, it's wise to show kids about bitcoins.
joelou

Activity: 207

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:19:18 AM

For me in my opinion i think it can help a lot how to save money and how to keep your money in a bank. If you are huge spender you can spend your money in investing .try to gumbling your money in right idea that is my opinion only.
Dheo

Activity: 386

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:53:44 AM

For me in my opinion i think it can help a lot how to save money and how to keep your money in a bank. If you are huge spender you can spend your money in investing .try to gumbling your money in right idea that is my opinion only.

For me, i don't think gambling will help ,because if you will be addicted in gambling it is to hard to save money, some people i know who addicted in gambling is really lose their money instead of saving.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:56:43 AM

For me, i don't think gambling will help ,because if you will be addicted in gambling it is to hard to save money, some people i know who addicted in gambling is really lose their money instead of saving.
Gambling is not a wise decision for the people to make some money because gambling is very risky and if you don't know what you are doing and if you will just depend on your greediness then it will end up that you will just get messed up so i think it is better to just find another way of making money and not just gambling.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:22:59 AM

I believe it is a good thing in general to use as savings, but I don't know if it will necessarily teach kids about it.

Here is the thing - Bitcoin isn't easy to cash out yet. Sure, there are ways to do so within 24 hours, but not for children.

With that said, kids can give their parents money they want to save, or better yet parents can save 1 Bitcoin for their kids. Eventually, it will appreciate into a lot of money which can pay for their schooling, and help them start a family by the time they reach that age.
if the children as breeded to be saving they will save even if not bitcoin,and this is a mature thing because here in crypto they could earn more than their parents can if they lucky enough to make good trading or airdrop from then their mind can be full of chances of not going to school because they earning more than being employee.so better let the children play.let us teach them to save by the things they seeing on us parents
SilverChromia

Activity: 357

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:00:30 AM

Yes it is. Bitcoin can be a good way of teaching for kids and to the next generation about savings because it is good to teach a person who at young age and open minded on something that he/she want to learn and he/she can be use for future.

Savings is important to learn while they still are at young ages. Because this will be a useful thing that can lead to them for a good life and good future and Bitcoin can be a way to that. I dont see anything wrong if we tell them about bitcoin and savings because we want only to change the way of their lives we will open their minds and heart how to make a good future.

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     Pre-sale: December 2018
██ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:37:44 AM

I believe it is a good thing in general to use as savings, but I don't know if it will necessarily teach kids about it.

Here is the thing - Bitcoin isn't easy to cash out yet. Sure, there are ways to do so within 24 hours, but not for children.

With that said, kids can give their parents money they want to save, or better yet parents can save 1 Bitcoin for their kids. Eventually, it will appreciate into a lot of money which can pay for their schooling, and help them start a family by the time they reach that age.
if the children as breeded to be saving they will save even if not bitcoin,and this is a mature thing because here in crypto they could earn more than their parents can if they lucky enough to make good trading or airdrop from then their mind can be full of chances of not going to school because they earning more than being employee.so better let the children play.let us teach them to save by the things they seeing on us parents

But kids can learn also here on how to save. They can save for there future because in the years came by, I guess this will be the source on how to get money. Then its really good that they will save for there future. Because in new generation, Technology were the most popular wherein other people have their job online. So I guess its not that had that kids must know this because we all know that it can help them.
sharm2121

Activity: 238

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:47:38 AM

I think yes bitcoin help kids for saving, because in bitcoin they will invest their other money and wait till it reach its highest rate, in that way they cant use their money in nothing important things, instead their money in bitcoin is still their. So kids will earn more money than use it in nothing.

beezunus

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:26:23 AM

that is a good idea, by giving a real example it will make children understand about the importance of saving and using the money well, maybe with bitcoin can be a good example to teach children save and explain about the benefits of saving
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: