Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:06:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would bitcoin help teach kids about saving?  (Read 14099 times)
Rascar Capac

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:54:27 AM

I'm happy with bitcoin, this is the modern era of saving money, I teach to teach for saving money in bitcoin, it's easy, just create a wallet and go to the exchanger to buy and then transfer to the bitcoin wallet then we are saving.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Prince786

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:34:23 AM

I think it's not on saving, it's on how they spend.I don't recommend bitcoin to teach children. Firstly it is very difficult. Most of the members of the bitcoin community do not understand the bitcoin economy.
Hotrod_88

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:56:28 AM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?

Yes it can help people to teach hownto save especially teens not kids that have the age of 10 below because some of that kids cannot understand bitcoins yet so introducing it to them will not help them to save but those teen agers might be. Because bitcoins may become there inspiration to save up money because there are already teenager that became a millionaire just because of saving up their bitcoins. And knowing that can became an inspiration to that kids and they will know save money and or biy bitcoins then save it.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:32:52 AM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?

Yes it can help people to teach hownto save especially teens not kids that have the age of 10 below because some of that kids cannot understand bitcoins yet so introducing it to them will not help them to save but those teen agers might be. Because bitcoins may become there inspiration to save up money because there are already teenager that became a millionaire just because of saving up their bitcoins. And knowing that can became an inspiration to that kids and they will know save money and or biy bitcoins then save it.
Teens are old enough to understand bitcoin and i believe that bitcoin will be great for them to learn how to earn money and also how to save some of their money for the future. I agree to that the kids are not yet matured enough to understand bitcoin because most of them are just trying to enjoy their life by playing outside and having a lot of friends.
leonora galvan

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:20:05 PM

yes,we can help them how to spend there money so that they can save some of it,we teach them slowly because kids are very agresive if they have money they can buy what ever they want to so let us teach them.
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:11:20 PM

I do not think, bitcoin is not necessarily appropriate with kids, they do not necessarily know about investment, we should introduce another investment first before introducing bitcoin.
I dont think so if they are very young because the only thing they do is to study very well first. But when  in the right age and they understand well about bitcoin and saving money here maybe we can teach them.

kkukkugaga

Activity: 238

Hello World!

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:47:07 AM

I think btc could help the kids in saving but only their parents can teach them how to do it. It's still on how the parents or their guardians are going to teach them because btc can only be used as an investment or work,  but it's still the kids decision or approach to the information. And it's not only in btc that they will learn how to save financially, there are many ways.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
kateycoin

Activity: 882
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:05:34 AM

I think yes bitcoin will teach them how to save money but all we know parents and guardians are also responsible  to teach their children to save money because sometimes children have different attitudes.

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:05:30 PM

By the way, this is a very cool idea. it did not occur to me that you can teach kids how to save on an examle of keeping Bitcoin. Maybe in future they will thank you.
balacklava666

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:51:14 PM

for learning saving I think this is appropriate. but for small children maybe bitcoin is still too complicated to understand, and it takes a lot of effort to understand bitcoin.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:24:26 PM

I think you don't really need to use bitcoin to teach them about saving. Use practical things that can be observed in their surroundings so they can easily adapt it in their living. If they will be introduced to bitcoin at a young age, there is a possi ility that they won't take it seriously; besides, not all people are using it now so they may be confused at what is bitcoin all about.
Haha, I don’t understand why people are really after kids to teach them about savings. Kids should be given free time to enjoy their childhood and make some good memories out of it. Bitcoin is the latest technology and it is even difficult for many teenagers to understand bitcoin, how can we expect little children to understand bitcoin. Bitcoin is good to teach them when they are in their teenage.
Because you need to teach good habits early, most people in the US are not going to have a good retirement life despite the fact they are living in one of the richest countries of the world and it has been found that the difference between being penniless in adulthood and having enough money to retire is not how much you earn but how much you save.
Awraawra

Activity: 338
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:01:51 AM

of course bitcoin will help a lot of kids to save there own money it is up to their parents if they know how to teach there kids how to save their money.
Manc89

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:08:49 AM

In future it will be one of the most use currency in the world so kids shold know nowadays how to use it and what bitcoin is exactly so just educate them as fast as you can.

I think as fast as we can is not good idea. Kid not always ready with something like this.
We need to teach them for sure, but at least we know when it should be.
doomloop

Activity: 2268
Merit: 581

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:57:08 PM

By the way, this is a very cool idea. it did not occur to me that you can teach kids how to save on an examle of keeping Bitcoin. Maybe in future they will thank you.
Yeah each child has different way of thinking and dealing with other people. If one child is having positive attitudes for saving it does not mean other will think the same. We will have to tell them about the importance of saving and the importance of having their own money. It will not be very difficult but it will take some practice to find easy and simple ways to introduce bitcoin saving.

podrick17

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:31:16 PM

Of course, the concept of holding and waiting for pump is actually a good lesson for children because even if not for children it will taught you how to be patient when it comes to money.

posoa

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:13:29 PM

I'm happy with bitcoin, this is the modern era of saving money, I teach to teach for saving money in bitcoin, it's easy, just create a wallet and go to the exchanger to buy and then transfer to the bitcoin wallet then we are saving.

Yes , it will help teach Teens not kids about saving. The act of buying Bitcoin and and patiently leaving it for it to appreciates is a very good act of saving.It start with when there is money that should be for saving in the bank for a period of time, and instead of just leaving it in the bank for some months or year without a reasonable interest, it will be a good thing to introduce it to the teens that buying Bitcoin as a means of saving will be of great benefit and not only that, as it gradually appreciates, the teens should be carried along so as to see and help them to  learn that saving  actually  by  investing in Bitcoin is the best thing to do.
explosion

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:34:42 PM

So, you want to teach children to save traditional money on the example of cryptomoney? To me, this sounds strange. The system is different!
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:43:46 PM

I don't think bitcoin would be the best way to teach kids about saving, because there's not a lot of opportunity for a kid to spend the bitcoin they've acquired...when you can't spend it you must save it!

It would be better teaching on how to save to use fiat currency because part of the teaching is learning to not succumb to the temptation to spend the saved money at every toy store, movie, iOS app store, etc.

You could use bitcoin to teach them about saving for retirement, long term savings and how investments can appreciate in value over time. Just my two satoshi!
For me, kids as of now called millenials can be teached how to save using bitcoin because theyre nkw living in a hi tech world and bitcoin is a digital currency it is still money so it still good for them to save using bitcoin and because bitcoin price is too high thats why its good to save it than to spend it.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:08:30 PM

Saving is rather a question of culture and education. Bitcoin offers the possibility to have serious incomes at a young age but it doesn't mean that they will start saving, it would rather spend the income from bitcoin.
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:25:07 PM

Well I think Bitcoin won't be a big help for a kid to learn to save money. Bitcoin is not a factor. A factor to kid's saving money is his control to the money. He should be wise enough on how to use the money properly. Use it for good purposes not on luxuries or desires.
Ok I'm confused here, the author of this thread should have mentioned the RANGE of the AGE of these so called KIDS. Why you ask? Its simple, if we are talking about kids that are considered in the childhood, then don't expect they will merely control the money that they've had, because in that range of age its likely that they will spend all of it in their desires, like food and kid stuff like toys or something.

Now if we are talking about KIDS that are considered in the TEENAGE bracket then, expect something in the middle. We know that teens are aggressive and they always wanted to turn to their peers. So spending money is much likely their forte. But we still can expect that some of them will have a mind about saving money and budgeting it.

BUT all in all, Bitcoin would not help any kids about saving, let's just consider the teens part, if they've receive a lump amount of money because of this cryptos, it is much likely that they will spend as much as they want, because they know that it is not that hard to earn that money. Like I've they are aggressive when it comes to their peers and stuffs.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: