Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:51:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would bitcoin help teach kids about saving?  (Read 14100 times)
ent_1989

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:34:04 PM

Nothing teaches value of money better than hard work, regardless of how you make your millions afterwards  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
makolz26

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:52:19 PM

yes, bitcoin can be used to teach children about saving and tell them about the advantage of saving because by saving good for the future
I personally don’t think so that bitcoin is that much easy thing that it can be understood by the kids and that kids can learn anything good from it. Bitcoin is really a complex thing and it is not at all possible for kids to develop a good understanding regarding this thing.

Bitcoin can no doubt teach us about saving and all that stuff but for that one needs to be mature enough so that he can understand the things in a better way.
As we know that bitcoin is for every level of society even for kids its very best if kids start to know about saving so it will help them in their future in Japan they are starting to teach bitcoin in school because they know it’s very important for them and bitcoin is becoming a future currency so I think it’s should be started in every school to teach about bitcoin to kids if the kids know about saving so it’s for can country as well.
Japan is always a step ahead in technology from rest of the world and this is no nice if they are teaching kids about bitcoin in their schools. There is no doubt that bitcoin is the future of the world currencies and soon it would be declared legal around the globe.

People are supporting it throughout the world for one simple reason that it is not controlled by any single country or man. It is something truly meant for public welfare.
Not exactly from rest of the world, from rest of the Asia would be more correct here because America is sort of in lead. In addition to this, it is not only Japan but few other countries also started teaching bitcoin to their children like Australia in hope of producing smart kids like Eric and this way, they will achieve their goal even before many countries will take bitcoin topic into account.
I would not focus on teaching kids, if I do have enough time I would rather teach my siblings and my parents first regarding bitcoin, but if my children has reached the age of teenage life then I will inform this to them to make them aware about cryptocurrencies and little by little teaching them all the knowledge that i gained so that they can use when they are ready.
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:07:22 PM

Possibly, it would but it actually depends on the kid itself if how he/she sees bitcoin. However, in a major aspect,
Bitcoin is actually more on investing rather than saving but if the kid acknowledges the value of money and recognizes the struggle or the effort that one needs to come up with a certain amount, then maybe that kid may learn how to save. There is this certain realization as we grow older and work to have our own money that it is quite hard to spend your hard earned money. So at some point, it would so long as the kid stays in this certain path because if the kid is encouraged to do bitcoin to earn money for spending and not saving, then i guess this kind of mindset defeats its purpose.

Rascar Capac

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:49:49 PM

If they started saving now they will be rich in the future for sure. Because you can see bitcoin only growing. Sometimes it went down but it always goes back up. So that is why you should teach kids about bitcoin and saving bitcoin.
chrisculanag

Activity: 1344
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:14:37 AM

Saving bitcoin is a very good idea that you gave in kids , just wait for the years in that kids are  rich because of saving . I want to teach my son too to use bitcoin faucet and collect more bitcoin to save money.  But give our kids an idea that is not only kind of saving .It also provides attention as the needs of our children too. Be a good mentor to our kids but don`t forget to give our kids a time as a father or mother.

Owl129

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:05:39 AM

I think yes bitcoin can help them to learn to save money, they can also learn to appreciate and be responsible for the money they can earn here. It is up to them how bitcoin willl affect them in terms of their financial intelligence some kids may earn here and still spend without even thinking of the money they earn but some will save it for future purposes.They must first know the importance of earning their own money for their own good to buy their needs and not only their wants. If you want your kids to be responsible in terms of earning saving and spending money you must guide them while they do bitcoin.

Satry

Activity: 190
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:06:45 AM

I really like this question,if we think of this thought, it is a worthwhile act to teach children to save through this forum but some may argue otherwise, perhaps because the children are still in the guidance of their parents, and they are not quite able to explore the world of krypto .

Why not? Here in bitcoin age is doesn't matter even your just a kid or adult. On how to teach your kid, how to learn and know the strategy about investment in Crypto world they need to learn as early as young age but it depends on their parents if they want to be independent their children. Why am I saying this?? Because most of young people now don't know how to save that's why they need teach them to be life-oriented. And of course they still need the guidance of their parents.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:13:40 AM

I really like this question,if we think of this thought, it is a worthwhile act to teach children to save through this forum but some may argue otherwise, perhaps because the children are still in the guidance of their parents, and they are not quite able to explore the world of krypto .

Why not? Here in bitcoin age is doesn't matter even your just a kid or adult. On how to teach your kid, how to learn and know the strategy about investment in Crypto world they need to learn as early as young age but it depends on their parents if they want to be independent their children. Why am I saying this?? Because most of young people now don't know how to save that's why they need teach them to be life-oriented. And of course they still need the guidance of their parents.
If terms of saving money, i don't think that it matters if they will use cryptocurrency or not because if they are really into saving money then they will not care about the form of money that they will be using in saving it because the best thing to have savings is to have discipline first that will give you the chance to not always depend on money of your parents because you have discipline in spending money.
Andalusy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:58:32 AM

In my opinion, I think Bitcoin would not be necessarily a help to teach kids about saving. We should be practocal regarding this matter. Even without bitcoin, you could teach kids about saving by having several examples and scenarios that will make them realize that saving is important for them. If they will grow old and will know about bitcoin then maybe they will value saving more
Skuylaruy

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:34:02 AM

I dont think bitcoin will teach your 2 cousins on how to save money since they'll gain access to new products that can be bought online and they'll be tempted to buy them. I think the most valuable lesson that you can get out of bitcoin is patience especially when your new to it. Its hard to earn bitcoin and it depends on your ranking, its a slow process.

Yes i believe it also! I dont think bitcoint would be the best way to teach children about saving..for adults yes!
  But for children they are not matured enough to understand the value of money.....
Sum24

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:16:57 PM

I dont think bitcoin will teach your 2 cousins on how to save money since they'll gain access to new products that can be bought online and they'll be tempted to buy them. I think the most valuable lesson that you can get out of bitcoin is patience especially when your new to it. Its hard to earn bitcoin and it depends on your ranking, its a slow process.

Yes i believe it also! I dont think bitcoint would be the best way to teach children about saving..for adults yes!
  But for children they are not matured enough to understand the value of money.....
It is not that hard for children as well because now our new generation is sharp by birth so it is not hard to make them understand bitcoin saving, actually saving is a habit and I have seen a lot of parents who teach and tell their children to save money they tell them not waste money for un necessary needs, so this way small steps can help our children to develop the nature of saving which is best for their future.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:20:52 PM

Huum how old are your cousins? I don't really see how bitcoin will teach them to save. Moreove it's not really something you change. I see people in crypto around me. The ones who spend a lot struggle to keep their value. And sell as soon as they seen an opportunity

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:08:36 PM

Yes , it can help teach kids about savings, because it is showing them pefectly how saving works, and how you make good earning by saving your money. In fact holding BTC is saving, and we all know that it is one of the most profitable ways of earning money with BTC.
kuruyama

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:44:19 AM

Definitely yes! it will really help kids to be strategic in terms of money, just like bitcoin changed me in the way i handle money. So definitely yes.bitcoin will show kids whar saving looks like, Saving bitcoin or money will profit in the end. Buying and holding bitcoin is also a way of savung. Its an investment, you put money on it and it generates money for you.
ronics

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:03:48 AM

For me it really is a good idea for kids to teach in saving way because bitcoin is too much for us anywhere we spend only on bitcoin in a certain areas and need to convert for a fiat there is also a need verify .because of how this could be explained bitcoin in children .I have difficulty and do not need children to give interest and for me that we are using bitcoin really dropped its value it probably depends on our ranking that the process here is week.
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:04:22 AM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?
nope,this will only teach them to be spender,if they found how great bitcoin in providing money..we know how crypto is helping us to live the wealth,and now being child will learn about this?this is not a place for childrens,let them play and study..this is for a big boys/girls
balintong15

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:15:10 AM

bitcoin as form of investment will help the kids to save money. how, by making bitcoin as their past time. as their investment of time. as their investment of money. bitcoin will not only teach them how to save but also it can teach them how to invest and how to earn money bigger and higher than the money that they invested.
bossloccox

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:18:24 AM

For me i dont think Bitcoin would be the best way to teach your children about savings..
Kids now has a deep lack of understanding when it comes to financies and how to properly manage money.
All they know is how to spend money and enjoy it. Explaining the difference between wants and needs to children
can be tough. You need more patience to explain them what is the purpose of Bitcoin and what benefit you gain for this..
khayecee13

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:01:02 AM

I think its not the bitcoin itself that will help teach your kids about savings. It is the principle and strategy of savings not just bitcoin but also any other saving platform.
You can have bitcoin but if you don't have the proper strategy and financial literacy on handling it, it can't help your kids on learning.
ashlyvash00

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:19:20 AM

So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?

Will for me saving is a great for children. But teaching bitcoin is bad idea for me. Because if you enter this kind of business it will take many hours and time to get profit. So if you do that where is the children time? Children must not focus on money they should play and enjoy there childhood
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: