Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:20:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about PlexCoin?  (Read 23106 times)
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:27:55 PM

As far as I can see the transaction volume is very low and does not have its own blockchains. I do not see any good projects. Obviously I see it as a complete waste of time.
It could be hard for some coins just like Plexcoin that is not supported directly in ERC20 wallet because it can't be easily converted into ETH and we can't easily find exchanger accepting this. Not to say it's totally a waste of time but probably it goes into nothing if ever there is no exchanger will take this coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitJunkie556

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:28:20 AM

As far as I can see the transaction volume is very low and does not have its own blockchains. I do not see any good projects. Obviously I see it as a complete waste of time.

Just like TenX is a waste of time? To be honest, I don't think Plex will be "the one", but projects like Centra, Bankera etc? I think they have serious potential along with TenX and whatnot.

Transaction volume is low because no one has any reason to move their coins around because the project is stagnant... Some updates from the devs would be greatly appreciated (and much needed)...

mahvia
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 0

who am I to judge. I only flame

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:43:16 PM

At first, I was skeptical with Plexcoin. I understand all of the risks here, and I just simply put an amount that I can afford to lose. I stick with them despite several bashers and negativity surrounded them. There's even a thought that they could run away with our money.

Because of my belief with them, now they're listed in several exchanges and CoinMarketCap. I'm so happy that Plexcoin is for real. The next thing that I want to do is hold it until the price is right.

Question: Which is better? Holding it in my Plexcoin dashboard? Or withdrawing it to my ERC20 wallet and hold it?

Always better to hold in your own wallet (but like with your pockets, if you lose it (password, keys etc), it is gone and never coming back Smiley )

@Mahvia. Please, on what exchanges is Plex trading?

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/plexcoin/#markets

youok

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:16:19 PM

I have never heard of this coin before about the plexcoin. there are some similar projects that use the concept of this visa card. but I have not been informed about the differences of this plexcoin project with other projects. what does the plexcoin offer with the concept of this visa card ? I do not know yet about this.  Wink.

Alexbit2017

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:17:54 PM

plexcoin - a good way to invest
argenminer

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:35:37 PM

plexcoin - a good way to invest

SEC Files Charges Against Alleged ICO Scam PlexCoin

The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has filed charges against the organizers of the PlexCoin initial coin offering (ICO). Citing marketing materials that promised investors could net a 1,354 percent profit on their holdings in less than 29 days, the SEC charged Quebec residents Dominic Lacroix and Sabrina Paradis-Royer, along with PlexCorps — Lacroix’s company — with violating anti-fraud regulations connected to the ICO. Lacroix and PlexCorps were also charged with violating the requirement to register all securities offerings with the SEC.

According to an SEC statement, PlexCorps had raised as much as $15 million from the PlexCoin ICO, which began in August. The Commission has obtained an emergency asset freeze against PlexCorps while the case is litigated. Robert Cohen, chief of the cyber unit, said:

“This first Cyber Unit case hits all of the characteristics of a full-fledged cyber scam and is exactly the kind of misconduct the unit will be pursuing. We acted quickly to protect retail investors from this initial coin offering’s false promises.”

Source: Cryptocompare.com
BitJunkie556

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:52:37 PM

But did they really "guarantee" anything? Seems like they just gave a high estimate as to what Plex could be worth at launch?

mahvia
Copper Member

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:36:46 PM

But did they really "guarantee" anything? Seems like they just gave a high estimate as to what Plex could be worth at launch?

I guess thats the problem, they gave people too high hopes. that is misleading and SEC doesnt approve it. id say minor thing but good enough to crash the price of smthing that doesnt have a product yet. so.. best time to invest but high chance to loose everything Smiley
DigeNarrator

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:10:38 PM

six months in prison for this amount of money is not that much
people will keep scamming
BitJunkie556

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:37:24 PM

Honestly, considering that the price is now almost nothing, I think I may just hold onto my tokens. At least they may end up being worth a damn if they ever do come out with a working product...

Def shoulda' sold just a few days ago. o_o

mahvia
Copper Member

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:39:01 AM

Honestly, considering that the price is now almost nothing, I think I may just hold onto my tokens. At least they may end up being worth a damn if they ever do come out with a working product...

Def shoulda' sold just a few days ago. o_o
Wish i had sold mine too few days ago..  Smiley
bubbaj

Activity: 376
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:21:38 AM

This is a dead project now, oh well next scam oops I mean ICO!
ukiert

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:49:26 AM

forward the possibility of a low transaction occurs because investors may be many who are hampered in than in the other ico so still a bit that have the capital to buy but hopefully better future aja and smoothly
ukiert

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:56:24 AM

If true this is ico scam then we harussiap with what will be terjdi, we recommend that you search the ico obviously good forward and so should be more careful to choose ico,
BitJunkie556

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:46:33 AM

I honestly don't think ICO's are scams per se... It really just depends on the concept, the team behind it and so on. Many cryptos starting as ICO's could have been scams, yet here we are with many ERC20-based projects that are actually making progress, rolling out a working product and so on...

In a weird way, despite my disdain for government intervention, I think ICO's are one such area for the government to potentially get involved, only because these are projects you're investing in based on a "promise" as opposed to something you can mine, already works, has its own native blockchain and so on...

I dunno, man. Complicated for sure, but I also wouldn't make the blanket statement that ICO's are scams either...

minimalsunday

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:39:56 AM

I think I'll buy a few Plex, already registered for the pre-sale.

check this https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2017-219
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:33:27 AM

As from what I read about this project and also because of the roi that they promised their investors, I stepped away from this project. It made the impression of a scam and then the website was suddenly down if I remember correctly. I guess they set up a new one somehow. Pretty shady imho.
ZZ8ZZ

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:44:06 AM

To be honest I've never heard of it. Oh nvm just saw the price on Coinmarketcap ... looks pretty dead to me. If the devs are not planning any serious updates you better stay away.
izthuphido

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:44:53 AM

Regardless of whether this is a scam or not, the idea of ​​making a card where you can simply swipe it and pay with your coins is an easy way to spend it. The need to convert and send it to your bank so it can be obtained with just a simple swipe. About the authenticity of this coin because my resources are a bit limited but I'm a bit interested in them at creating a card. A lot of criticisms surround this coin and me for one can not help but think it's a real legit or something. You also need to save money for whether you need money or if you will immediately go to the bank immediately and you will get some money.
BitJunkie556

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:46:03 AM

As from what I read about this project and also because of the roi that they promised their investors, I stepped away from this project. It made the impression of a scam and then the website was suddenly down if I remember correctly. I guess they set up a new one somehow. Pretty shady imho.

Yeah, this was pretty much the worst actual investment I made in crypto I think. Granted, I've had other losses, but the fact that this is being investigated by the SEC ain't good...

Like I said a few days ago, I wish I'd sold about last week, would have actually been at a profit compared to current ETH price but got greedy and waited... just got rid of my 5 ETH worth of coins for only .03 BTC... What a crapshow.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: