Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:24:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Low Quality Translator  (Read 1118 times)
GoogleTranslatorReporter (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:37:57 PM

I just want to report this USER that committing a poor translation in Filipino, I suspect that he is actually using a google translator but modifying it a bit. He translating an ANN thread in word by word basis that resulting to wrong grammar or very poor quality just like what google translate result. Besides that, he keeps on translating a Crypto jargon words into Filipino even though the equivalent meaning is not the same just like this words; whitepaper > puting papel, bounty>kapagbigayan and other crazy stuff which only google translate gives result.

You can see his work here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2010472.msg20022768#msg20022768

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1992333.msg19837871#msg19837871

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935553.msg19221085#msg19221085

You can ask other trusted Filipino user here to read his work and give feedback. I will close this thread once I'm proven wrong and his translation quality is good.  Cool

P.S: this is unfair for those translator that exerting effort just to translate and for the project that paying for the bounty without knowing that the translation they paid is on poor quality.  Undecided
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:45:11 PM

You can report here other low quality translator.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 02:19:25 PM

It looks like someone created a thread about this ~30 minutes before you did: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2010946.0. If you want to use this thread as some sort of *central* place for reporting people who use tools to abuse bounties and whatnot, then I'd suggest formatting it differently. Optimally, you'd use a table like structure as the one found in the 'user alts' thread.

Anyhow, negative rating left.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:28:32 PM

It looks like someone created a thread about this ~30 minutes before you did: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2010946.0. If you want to use this thread as some sort of *central* place for reporting people who use tools to abuse bounties and whatnot, then I'd suggest formatting it differently. Optimally, you'd use a table like structure as the one found in the 'user alts' thread.

Anyhow, negative rating left.

Any possible way so that someone in the DT will notice it. There are some active ICO that already accept him without further review on his work. He just posting his past shit translation of blog of bancor. Poor bancor. They paid tons of token without reviewing quality.

I will edit this thread soon once I'm home.
Thanks for reaching here Lauda. Wink
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:08:08 PM

Any possible way so that someone in the DT will notice it. There are some active ICO that already accept him without further review on his work. He just posting his past shit translation of blog of bancor. Poor bancor. They paid tons of token without reviewing quality.

I will edit this thread soon once I'm home.
Thanks for reaching here Lauda. Wink

Lauda is back in DT Wink I have left a backup rating to reflect what this user has been doing.

Thanks for the report.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
revenant2017

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

Healing Galing

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:50:03 PM

What a worst translation. Made me cry reading it. Even i can't understand every combination of word he's been using.I've done translation once and this one is totally worst. Seen this user most of the time posting for translation reservation in filipino. Didn't know he's cheating it.
elegant_joylin

Activity: 826
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 11:48:25 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2017, 12:08:53 PM by elegant_joylin

It’s been a few months since a got this negative rating due to translation.

Let me explain what had happen. Yes I admit that during my first few translation / projects, I translate it word by word. Then if I did not understand it, I search Google on what does it mean / equivalent Filipino word. It’s a failure that give me a very important lessons in life.

Despite this negative rating, I’m more thankful because I learn a lot from it and continue to learn forward. I am very sorry to all who have not understand my translation.

And in order to make a better quality translation, a few months ago, I did bought my own English-Tagalog dictionary, which is something that I use when I did not understand the word. Also, I have my own proofreader who reviews, checks and revise my work.

I’m really very thankful for all the failures and blessings I’ve received here. Moving forward, I will continue to make a better quality work for all. Thank you very much you’ve been part of my failures, blessings and hopefully a successful story!

allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:19:58 PM

While I do like your reaction (you're open about your failures... I don't think you're actively trying to screw anyone here on purpose), I also think that you cannot offer a service and get paid for it while you don't know the language enough.

I'm a web developer. The equivalent would be if I sold a service for creating websites BEFORE I actually learned how to properly do it.
The right way to go would be to first learn to translate properly, and THEN - once you're able to deliver hq content translations - charge for it.
Practice a bit, maybe offer free translations until you're good enough to satisfy customers. Otherwise, intended or not, it's plain fraud. Simple as that.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
elegant_joylin

Activity: 826
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 12:47:55 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2017, 01:17:23 PM by elegant_joylin

While I do like your reaction (you're open about your failures... I don't think you're actively trying to screw anyone here on purpose), I also think that you cannot offer a service and get paid for it while you don't know the language enough.

I'm a web developer. The equivalent would be if I sold a service for creating websites BEFORE I actually learned how to properly do it.
The right way to go would be to first learn to translate properly, and THEN - once you're able to deliver hq content translations - charge for it.
Practice a bit, maybe offer free translations until you're good enough to satisfy customers. Otherwise, intended or not, it's plain fraud. Simple as that.

Thanks for your advice, I understand what you've said. Actually I also get some works who PM me. That's why I have two proofreaders who are also my  trusted friends, who  checks, edit/revise my translation or if we are available, we discuss it thru social media platform (I upload it to Google docs or Google sheets, where we have access to edit and discuss it).

Because my goal is not just to learn but also to provide better quality.  
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:22:45 AM

Thank you for sharing this information. I hope the USER (the guy who makes low quality translations) will take it into account and quit his activity.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: