Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:32:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative thoughts on August 1st  (Read 162 times)
uweth (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:24:32 PM

Here is what might happen from a different point of view:

1) BTC will be "upgraded" without any noteworthy interruption.

Those who shifted their money out of BTC to the sidelines (e.g USDT) will jump back on BTC. Mainly because the uncertainty on BTC diminished. BTC might jump significantly in this scenario.

2) The value development of BCH (BitcoinCash - called BCC by mistake) can be anything from 1 USD - 500 USD.

I personally expect a range around 20-50 USD, after the dust settled. Why? Because it becomes from day 1 a widely distributed Altcoin.
Imagine how much marketing effort would be needed to get a coin into wallets of thousands (millions?) BTC owners. You can do a lot with such a well-known and widely distributed Altcoin.

3) This is not a stock split

I do not see BTC / BCH similar to a stock split, where the value will be divided among 2 stocks. Simply because these are 2 different concepts. BTC will get the most hash power and will prosper, BCH will get less hash power and will become a maybe interesting Altcoin (like ETC).

4) Effect on ETH:

I expect that ETH will jump quite significantly on Aug 1st / 2nd.

Longterm, ETH and BTC will profit from the story, that there are ways to safely "upgrade" blockchain projects, without any huge damage for the value development.

A "software upgrade" will be the new normal one fine day.

What do you think?
Any different thoughts?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: