Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:13:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-07-02] Bitcoin Core Dev: SegWit2x Will Fail, Its Goal Is to Stall SegWit  (Read 1159 times)
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:33:05 PM

Do you mean this "growth of 40% per year"? LOL, cliff-diving:

Obviously I meant this. What were we talking about?  Roll Eyes

That's a chart showing a slow increase in the number of confirmed transactions, consistent with a rise in spam transactions and a recent fall-off.

5-fold? According to the numbers I analyzed (see the link above), the number of confirmed transactions decreased from a peak of 290K/day to 200K/day. In 2016, there was a similar movement in the same period (from a peak of 210K/day to 170K/day).

And no, I have never said that there was _no_ spam, only that there is an explanation for a large part of the decline, and it's  not _only_ the holiday season.

Sorry if my words were harsh. The mempool unconfirmed transactions (https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-size?timespan=60days) is what had a 5-fold reduction. And that is due to a reduction in spam. The spam transactions were often completely invalid, but time-consuming to invalidate - specially crafted packages to deliberately jam up validating nodes and miners.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: