Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:57:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I hold?  (Read 28356 times)
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:40:23 AM

I bought my first bitcoin at 2dollar and the same with ethereum. Do not make the same mistake and sell too early. I wish I held all the way. I am not selling any of my main positions for the next couple of years.

Yes... now we can not sell untill we will be millionaire! I also sold etherium at super low price.

It's your choice if you don't want to sell your bitcoin, I bet you don't need the money that is why it is okay for you not to sell it. But for the other people who are holding bitcoins, you could sell it guys whenever you want if you need it to buy something or to pay something, it is better than lending money to someone. Also, selling some of your bitcoin could make you feel great since you know that you are making profits in the long run.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chip211

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:26:45 AM

Keep it and wait with one thing for sure it will come back,  don't worry too much about the initial risks that you give up and then regret later.
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:04:41 AM

If the coins you hold are on poloniex list, you don't have to worry, because altcoin available on trading list is a result of rigorous selection. No need to panic, even if price falls significantly. Let alone, later if it's time surely he will jump high and your investment also brings benefits.
I will second you without having a second thought. I think if you don’t have much time or knowledge to do trading, then holding is the best thing which you can do. Holding is very much profitable if you are planning for long term investment. You can make out a good profit at the end.

naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:30:18 PM

All depends how long can you wait and what kind of coins did bought. For example for long-term trading it is worth holding heavy coins, such as BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP, NEM. But also I think that STRAT, LMC will be good choice.
You are right! If it is a good and prospectful coin like the ones mentioned, why not ? Unless, for traders of course who would want to benefit from the fall and rise in value of a coin, I feel the best bet is to always hold. Over time, the value of these coins will increase and definitely be a huge favor to those holding. it also helps the market when you have huge demand than supply. That obviously helps to increase the value quickly over time.
super5star

Activity: 313

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:13:02 PM

it depends on your analysis..always holding is good.if the coin price is down waiting for target price.take the risk.there are so called correction price.
Yes you may hold all depend upon the nerves and skills you have got holding these days is a good decision and then selling in good days will pay a lot so hold now and wait for the prices to go up and then secure the huge profit in coming days of this month the prices will go up and you’ll be happy for the decision you made of holding.

boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:47:29 PM

Whatever I understand from the experience until now is we should hold the bitcoin as investment for long term purpose. I don't know why people are getting panicked about the selling as there is no reason to do that one. If I can see with my naked eyes that prices keep hiking for bitcoin then I would I worry about selling it anyway.
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:12:40 AM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

If I have an extra budget for my family needs.I will hold my bitcoin because bitcoin price is going higher.And bitcoin now is very nice to invest so that ai can earn bitcoin and save more.After longtime that bitcoin is very expensive.I will sell it so that I can profit big amount of cash to start a bussiness to have a stable income for my kids future.

i think yes that will be a right decision,  because most of the investors are expecting about bitcoin that its price will continue increasing and will surely will reach to 8000$. therefore to me i think we should hold our bitcoin try to manage our needs from some other sources, because i think that we should not lose the present opportunity and should try to invest more money in bitcoin.
I think their target is $ 10000, this will be a long-term trade. it would be great to buy it now and hold it until 2020.
There is not fix target for bitcoin. I believe that it can easly cross $10000. Right now, the only thing I know is to hold bitcoin as long as I can. I know that the more I hold, the more profit I can earn. As you can see, bitcoin is now considered as digital gold, no one is insane enough to sell it with the low price

At this point, it would be foolish to sell at this price since bitcoin has fallen hard. Selling today would be selling below target for most who are expecting btc to hit 5k or more by the end of the year. Holding would be the best way to ride this tide and if you have the money, to buy more btc.
Exactly it will be so foolish if you are thinking now to sell your bitcoins. You are right that if someone thought once to sell at $5000 and now he is thinking and confused of what to do now. So holding is still the best strategy I must say. Things will get better you don’t need to worry about the fallen price.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:37:22 AM

Whatever I understand from the experience until now is we should hold the bitcoin as investment for long term purpose. I don't know why people are getting panicked about the selling as there is no reason to do that one. If I can see with my naked eyes that prices keep hiking for bitcoin then I would I worry about selling it anyway.
Some days we have also seen price dropping by well over $500 within 24 hours and that is certainly not some moves every trader can afford to overlook or pretend they do not realize the value of their holding is dwindling. So Hodling should be a conscious decision to keep and forget until whenever set conditions are met and that makes it unsuitable for everyone.
bitcoinrays

Activity: 438
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:56:20 AM

yes if I may suggest you should hold the coin to your asset investment, do not sell it at a low price it will cause harm.
That is the point. Holding now is better option and if you are asking about bitcoins particularly then my answer is 100% yes. Best time it is now to buy bitcoins and save them in wallet. Try to not look it even 3-4 years pass. Sell at that moment and would be seeing a charisma.
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:14:57 AM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

i think if the price is going down i still hold i take the risk for long term investment so im ready if i lose my coins actually i dont care if i lose my money in trading because i earn like 3 times coming from my coins,i think its normal if you lose but think also the chance of big earnings in bitcoin

Dobmader

Activity: 165

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:08:16 PM

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

You have to be patient and wait. Bitcoin will be widely used for the future. Have some faith.
The reason for the holding of the bitcoin for the long time is that if you will sell your bitcoin then you will not earn the profit you deserve. The price of the bitcoin is getting very high so it is good to hold and wait instead of losing your money and suffering from the loss.  There is the chance to the price to get up again but for this you will have to wait for the long time.
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:36:42 PM

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

You have to be patient and wait. Bitcoin will be widely used for the future. Have some faith.
The reason for the holding of the bitcoin for the long time is that if you will sell your bitcoin then you will not earn the profit you deserve. The price of the bitcoin is getting very high so it is good to hold and wait instead of losing your money and suffering from the loss.  There is the chance to the price to get up again but for this you will have to wait for the long time.
Holding bitcoin for long term or short term is the best decision we been made, due to good circulation of bitcoin now in the market price of this coin was continues to increase. Therefore more of the users keeps bitcoin in their wallet because they were assume that on the following days, months or years it will continue raising up. Moreover holding is also a good strategy to maintain your your savings earning income.
aizen10

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:56:29 AM

lol, yeah why could i sell my bitcoin if i can see with my naked eyes that the price of this bitcoin is increasing, many bitcoin holder are totally panicking when they saw that this bitcoin is dropping in the market, but why? we all have experienced and already faced those big dip before and until now it is happening again and again, but the bitcoin didnt drop too much, besides its getting more bigger and bigger in terms of its value, so i am keep holding my bitcoin until 2020 what ever it takes before and after that year.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:19:26 AM

Sometimes I will sell and buy back in lower price, but look at current situation I will wait untill end of this month or more, still trading when loss just make my situation worst.
Yeah, trade at now very bad, we not know when is lowest price can buy or when we sell this coin, it will recovery and reverse Angry

Trading has always and Will always be dynamic. I will advise that you always study the market both in good and poor times. The trends always have an information for those willing to study it.
Always stick to discipline also, especially in an unstable market.
Just like the trend right now when so many promising coins that have the chance of bouncing back soon are having a bearish trend is even the best time to buy and hold. Within the next few weeks, those who have some of these coins will most definitely experience a huge percentage increase in what they have.
kevpantof

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:52:06 AM

I think you have to bear your coin, the reason I tell you to keep it is because if you sell it when you experience panic it will cause a lot of losses, but if you know when the price drops is a good moment to buy back, understand the charts and market conditions .
You can only understand the charts and market condition if you are a learned man. As far as holding is concerned, I must say that this is all and all the choice of the person himself.

If he thinks of holding as something more profitable for him in the coming days, then he should definitely go for holding. There is no harm in holding your Bitcoins.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:52:35 AM

is there anyone who invested more than 3 bitcoins?

i mean i want to ask other's opinion on this matter
the more you invest bitcoin the more commitment you would have right?
if there are what is ur opinion on this
While most people in the forum do not have a single bitcoin, those that have invested money in other coins most of the time have an investment way bigger than that, if you invest less than that then you will have to divide your investment and put a very low amount of money on some coins and most of the time that is not worth the effort that you will need to do to monitor the coins.
Japinat

Activity: 2940
Merit: 679

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:16:09 AM

While most people in the forum do not have a single bitcoin, those that have invested money in other coins most of the time have an investment way bigger than that, if you invest less than that then you will have to divide your investment and put a very low amount of money on some coins and most of the time that is not worth the effort that you will need to do to monitor the coins.
There is always a bigger approach on how to manage your small investment, you cannot put that investing in bitcoin if you want good return.
I suggest to invest in altcoins which are cheap and you believe has a good chance of success, once it brings good development and investors noticed it the price will rise and pump, that way you can sell for bitcoin and then invest again in another altcoins.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
ubeng07

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:40:24 AM

There is always a bigger approach on how to manage your small investment, you cannot put that investing in bitcoin if you want good return.
I suggest to invest in altcoins which are cheap and you believe has a good chance of success, once it brings good development and investors noticed it the price will rise and pump, that way you can sell for bitcoin and then invest again in another altcoins.
There is no wrong when in investing in altcoin of course it much profitable for some that cant afford to buy bitcoin for them to invest so they go for altcoin that has a potential then if it can now have some profit on it half on the investment they can now buy bitcoin and hold for it.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:41:38 AM

Best bet is to hold longterm for lower tax rates when you decide to sell.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:52:00 AM

There is no wrong when in investing in altcoin of course it much profitable for some that cant afford to buy bitcoin for them to invest so they go for altcoin that has a potential then if it can now have some profit on it half on the investment they can now buy bitcoin and hold for it.

It's too risky to invest in  AltCoins. I'm not sure, but seems the method you say is to buy a volatile AltCoin hoping to see a fast bump and sell fast to make profit. The problem is that this potential can be positive or negative, and for who doesn't have much time it can be their only chance to make profit, if they lose, it's all over and there won't be AltCoins or Bitcoins anymore. Better to keep holding only BTC if you don't have much money, it's safer than any other virtual currency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: