Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:22:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you scared to hold until August 1?  (Read 2711 times)
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:26:37 PM

We know what will happen with the said date but are you willing to take a risk to hold your Bitcoins or maybe some Altcoins. We are in the 'Red days' for how many weeks now and I think it is because of too many people is scared in what will be the results of Segwit on August 1.

Some of my thoughts in how most of us think.

*I will sell my Bitcoins first then buyback after august 1*

*I will sell my Altcoins because it is nowhere to going up anymore*

Yes, because my primary wallet here in philippines is coins.ph that is not a hard wallet, the support/Customer assistant told me that i should convert my bitcoin to philippines currency so that they can protect the balance, but they will try their best to protect the money of there user in site. There is a possibility that chain split will not happen, I lost my bitcoins and alt because of this red days also but it is normal it doesn't connected to segwit i think.

Hodl is the best way no matter what, it will just waste or eat time so much.
traspy

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:29:49 PM

swimmin at the sea. holding btc and as always trading altcoins.
nothing to worry. only brave wins
BitcoinArsenal

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:32:44 PM

No, I am not scared. When Ethereum fork was, everyone was scared about the consequences for Ethereum. Remember it was short after the DAO hack. Today, both coins are x-times the value they had on the fork. Same will happen to Bitcoin in my opinion. At the beginning there will probably be some ups and downs for both coins. But from time to time the better one will gain value. Important is that the value of both coins is >= the value of the Bitcoin value on hardfork.
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:37:33 PM

What about buying altcoins with a little of your Bitcoin cause I don't think all altcoins will completely die or go down in price and sell others left and then, a new startup maybe with buying of Bitcoin with the money gotten from selling.
valvevow

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:42:46 PM

It's hard for me to predict what will happen on August 1. I already heard about the split many times and believed in it, I panicked. But all these conversations remained empty. Then I just stopped paying attention to it. My goal is a long-term investment, and I believe that it will give me a profit

Asimmo

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:46:18 PM

We know what will happen with the said date but are you willing to take a risk to hold your Bitcoins or maybe some Altcoins. We are in the 'Red days' for how many weeks now and I think it is because of too many people is scared in what will be the results of Segwit on August 1.

I don't mind losing some.

There will be only 2 result, to win or to loss. In case of a win, I should have some extra to take advantage of it, who knows it's worth trying. In case of loss, at least it was not that much.

Whatever will happened, so be it. Let's wait.

Smartest way.. Smiley
BiggieSmallz

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:38:25 PM

I'm trying super hard to hold but deep inside there's some fear of the outcome. I might cash out 80% and leave 20% of my portfolio before August 1st. At least I'll have something to fall back to if the 20% goes down to almost nil.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:40:32 PM

No im not going to hold my bitcoin i already converted my into fiat and waiting for the price to decrease yeh it's starting to decrease now but not totally low waiting for the price to because on the predition will be the best how ever if this will continue maybe people will going to panic and sell or there bitcoins hopefully not
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:51:29 PM

Bitcoin got this far because we have always believed in it and why stop now? Come what may, I will keep holding my coins and wait for this highly feared day to pass Tongue hope it comes with good intentions.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:53:04 PM

Bitcoin got this far because we have always believed in it and why stop now? Come what may, I will keep holding my coins and wait for this highly feared day to pass Tongue hope it comes with good intentions.

Yes it did survived for long time and right now we are going to be scared? There's nothing be fear of, I'm only going to fear if news coming out tells that no one wants to use bitcoin anymore. But it's different, people wants to use bitcoin and with this happening it's just making the price of bitcoin at dip because of false information before Aug 1.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:57:18 PM

We've had a discussion about this a few hours back today and most of us came to the same conclusion, to sell 50% and hold the other 50% (speaking of bitcoin).

I'm waiting for this August like it's the new years eve.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:58:25 PM

I might cash out 80% and leave 20% of my portfolio before August 1st. At least I'll have something to fall back to if the 20% goes down to almost nil.
Something to fall back on? Have you gone all in? If so, then I'm sorry to say, but that's probably the worst mistake you can make, generally speaking.

In most cases people who constantly worry about what the market will do, are either heavily over-invested, or they have gone all in. In both cases it's a silly error.

Other than that, I don't know what's wrong with people lately ~ more and more rookies pop up thinking the price will fall back all the way to zero. Take your money out and never come back!!

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
joseafonso123az

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:11:55 PM

As I recently started the bitcoin quest, I don't have a big amount of them, so I am  holding them till then, and we will see. I believe that even if it hit bitcoin, and it's value go down, it will eventually rise it's value because I see potential in bitcoin
Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:16:14 PM

The best option is "do nothing" because everything else is speculation. You don't know what is going to happen so not even you can "make a plan". This must be FUD or you have time travel technology. :-D
hisuka

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:29:46 PM

As I recently started the bitcoin quest, I don't have a big amount of them, so I am  holding them till then, and we will see. I believe that even if it hit bitcoin, and it's value go down, it will eventually rise it's value because I see potential in bitcoin
Actually Im not afraid Im ready this Aug1. Whatever may happen Im still holding my bitcoin and well see its price. Because until now Im holding and I beleive it will rise again its price. So lets observe this coming Aug1.
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 09:49:00 PM

We still does not know what will exactly be the result of the said Segwit on August 1 but the assurance of the answer on that is just a fight between win or lose situation. If you think that you might lose that much in holding into your assets, then you can sell it for an easy money and of course assurance. But if you think that you will just take the risk of holding your assets, its your own decision. Because the one who will be the beneficiary is just yourself. We do not have to get into panic and start to be scared of the upcoming event. What we can just do is to prepare until it settle down.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:20:01 PM

To be honest I am not scared to hold my btc until august 1 because if there will be surge after august 1 it will be a huge success and if there would be downfall after august 1 then i will hold it and will wait for the price to rise.
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:50:03 PM

I guess for me i will still hold my bitcoin until august 1 we knoe that it is already risky in that times because the bitcoin price could dump in. Half but i still believed that the segwit will be successful in that day and double its price in the market but your srill the one who deside.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:51:27 PM

I'm not scared, but I'm a bit worried about it, anyway I will take the risk and see what happens... I won't sell my Bitcoins to buy again after August 1.

However, everyone can change their mind yet about it, the hot news will come on the last week, probably. Better to keep an eye on it to know what to do.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:52:37 PM

Yes indeed bitcoin survive for how many years and nothing can stop it. Even though there is bloody red right now in the market we'll still hope for the best to happen. Better trust bitcoin and altcoin, what meant to happen will happen, so let it be. Hold it as you can.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: