Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:39:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rx 480 / GTX 1070 - Daily Profitability chart since start of 2017  (Read 1972 times)
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:35:35 AM

This is based on 30MH/s which is roughly a RX 580. This doesn't take into account dual mining profits. It also doesn't take into account any other altcoins other than ETH.

Shows you how crazy the last 2 months were. Particularly May and June 2017. Also shows you how little profit there was to be made in the first 2 months of the year.

Reference and credit goes to:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/6mj8q1/welcome_to_the_ice_age/

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:42:02 AM

The only real winners here are the traders and the miners who played the long game, if you mined or bought eth from October 2016 and sold on June 2017 then you made a huge profit but then again, there is no crystal ball, maybe the people who played long are still playing long. As the profitability decreased a lot and will decrease a lot in the next month or so regarding the continuously rising difficulty, hashrate drop and a possible eth reward reduction from 5 to 2.5 eth per block.

Well we could say the other winners are gpu dealers, massive overpriced gpu's to idiots. 

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:53:19 AM

Eth blocktime has jumped to 18.59 seconds on the same day ETH fiat price has tanked 20%. https://etherscan.io/chart/blocktime

That green drop off is going to get steeper.

So many old timers told the miners to just sell their cards to mindless zombies noobs.... I don't know about $50 but 1070s will be back in stock and those RX 470 prices are gonna tank. If you sold your RX 470 for $450 you could almost buy 3 eth right now, how many months would a single RX470 have to mine to earn that  Shocked

Anybody catch Goldman Sach's prediction for $4000 BTC (see Coinbase fluff piece)?  Yeah those banking weasels will buy off Jihan....

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad how this is all orchestrated.... we need some popcorn in here.

Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:52:28 PM

Thank you!

That was exactly the diagram I was looking for. Do you have any script to generate it from a database? It would be interesting to generalize it a little bit, with other coins and other GPU hashrate.
For example I would like to see the same graph for a 1070 mining ZEC and mining every day the best coin.
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:41:53 PM

BUMP!

The chart hasn't been updated but it seems to be very accurate and we are currently exactly at the yellow "MET STEADY" line.

Keep in mind that chart was based on

Predictions are based on today's $210/ETH

So pretty much almost exactly the same profitable as in before March 2017.

Was sure a crazy ride! But at usual with crypto and mining.

All good things must come to an end!

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 02:52:38 AM

I do believe these predictions will be proven wrong very soon especially with the coming of the Metropolois-Byzantium update.

The new update alone is scheduled to start testing on Sept. 22 and will bring with it the delaying on the difficulty bomb. According to the latest dev call, they will be reducing block times back to August profitability. Of course along with this update the price of ETH is also expected to rise. So its going up guys, not down. Just hodl your ETH.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
joshuaj

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:03:24 AM

This year June was the peak, and because of this peak, all graphics card sold out at that time...

Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:13:31 AM

Oh yes, all sold and the funny thing was that most of them bought rx 480 or gtx 1070 for $700 hehe, so meaning the 2 weeks profit till the crash, they could get only 10% of the $700 paid hehe, so meaning $630 to achieve the roi and 1 usd per day, that will take them 630 days hehe and by then that gpu will probably be dead, so meaning might never get his money back and in the end he will be in debt hehe

I always say and will say this again, miners are the greatest losers, they sell their hard earned coin too cheap because well they need to pay the electricity and other bills, so traders are the real winners here and was always like that.

adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:39:38 AM

Oh yes, all sold and the funny thing was that most of them bought rx 480 or gtx 1070 for $700 hehe, so meaning the 2 weeks profit till the crash, they could get only 10% of the $700 paid hehe, so meaning $630 to achieve the roi and 1 usd per day, that will take them 630 days hehe and by then that gpu will probably be dead, so meaning might never get his money back and in the end he will be in debt hehe

I always say and will say this again, miners are the greatest losers, they sell their hard earned coin too cheap because well they need to pay the electricity and other bills, so traders are the real winners here and was always like that.

Nobody paid $700 for a RX 480.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:12:20 AM

He did, thats how he knows it, hehe
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:23:09 AM

Have you checked ebay or newegg 3rd parties reviews? Lots of "verified buyers" there that paid $600 to $700 for rx 480, rx 580. I'm telling you, those people thought the $8 per day would be forever, hence they probably even paid higher than that.

BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:02:17 PM

Have you checked ebay or newegg 3rd parties reviews? Lots of "verified buyers" there that paid $600 to $700 for rx 480, rx 580. I'm telling you, those people thought the $8 per day would be forever, hence they probably even paid higher than that.

Even if 1 or 2 people thought $8/day would last forever, does it matter? Those of us mining understand there have been lots of peaks and valleys over the years. May-June was a massive spike but even for someone getting in today - ROI'ing in 10-12 months is a good investment. Where else can you get a return on your money in under a year?
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:30:39 PM

ebay doesn't mean anything.

Those that paid $700 on eBay for a RX 580, will just make a chargeback claim now and say that when they installed the GPU it didn't work, they got scammed and want their money back.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:00:59 PM

Add this and chart looks even worse for non-usd miners:

rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1307

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 08:33:54 PM

Hey, I saw a post from YOU asking something on Claymore topic, so YOU ARE A MINER lol

How can you still saying this?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:36:22 PM

Hey, I saw a post from YOU asking something on Claymore topic, so YOU ARE A MINER lol

Hes just a troll that says absolutely nothing worthwhile so dont bother feeding him

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1307

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 08:38:20 PM

Alternate cryptocurrencies / Mining (Altcoins) / Re: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v10.0 (Windows/Linux)   on: September 10, 2017, 05:51:19 AM

@Claymore, anyway you could add a reset overclock settings command at the beginning of the program? So we don't need to wait the card to crash till new settings are applied or maybe a keyboard command in which will reset the overclock settings to default and will exit the program?

So you call yourself a greatest loser?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:59:51 PM

Alternate cryptocurrencies / Mining (Altcoins) / Re: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v10.0 (Windows/Linux)   on: September 10, 2017, 05:51:19 AM

@Claymore, anyway you could add a reset overclock settings command at the beginning of the program? So we don't need to wait the card to crash till new settings are applied or maybe a keyboard command in which will reset the overclock settings to default and will exit the program?

I think he is just making fun of the late miners that joined the race back in June-July.

He calls them losers and the earlier miners < May 2017 were the winners.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bearsworth

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:26:04 PM

I'm such a loser Sad. I purchased some equipment in June that has made back 60% of the cost oh the suffering. People actually paid $700 for gtx 1070 lol?

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:45:20 PM

I'm not a miner, mining is for losers, I'm a trader, my profit as a trader is thousand times greater than you losers and I have been doing it since 2009. I however have a vast know-how-to cause my hobby is testing things out.

You should be glad I help you losers hehe, well in the end the more you trolls mine and the better the software is, the more cheap coins I will buy from you trolls hehe

Flickspeed

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:18:59 PM

I think he is just making fun of the late miners that joined the race back in June-July.

Yep totally agree here... I am still mad at all those who bought any of the 480 or 580s above $300 for mining! That was outright dumb and YES ALL of them thought they would be getting the same 4-5$ profit all year long. But guess what most have still not learned the lesson! Now the same shit is happening with RX VEGA! Because of all these sheep with lots of cash to spare, mining became unprofitable. Byzantium or Metropolis will not in any way bring those profits back, it will only halt the decrease a bit, and next you'll get hit with POS! yes u read it, POS in the face of the losers with $700 VEGA CARDS. meaning GPU mining may die all together Smiley Have fun further inflating the price of videocards.
HashashInc

Activity: 131
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:44:26 PM

Yep totally agree here... I am still mad at all those who bought any of the 480 or 580s above $300 for mining! That was outright dumb and YES ALL of them thought they would be getting the same 4-5$ profit all year long. But guess what most have still not learned the lesson! Now the same shit is happening with RX VEGA! Because of all these sheep with lots of cash to spare, mining became unprofitable. Byzantium or Metropolis will not in any way bring those profits back, it will only halt the decrease a bit, and next you'll get hit with POS! yes u read it, POS in the face of the losers with $700 VEGA CARDS. meaning GPU mining may die all together Smiley Have fun further inflating the price of videocards.

Don't think GPU mining is gonna die anytime soon with all the other profitable coins around.

S
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:08:13 PM

Don't think GPU mining is gonna die anytime soon with all the other profitable coins around.

S

Its comments like this that make it seem that nobody understands how DIFFICULTY works.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Flickspeed

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:19:39 PM

Yep exactly, If and when ETH goes fully POS mode, you will get propabably a minimum 10 fold difficulty increase for the other coins including ETC.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: