Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:03:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What determines if a coin goes up or down in price?  (Read 2127 times)
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:56:30 PM

I heard that if there is news that certain places will start using a certain currency, then it will increase in value.  Obviously that sounds very simple.  But that is true right?

What exactly causes a coin to go up or go down in value?  If everyone starts selling the coin, will the coin go down in value?  Im curious but what things trigger coin prices to go up or down?
As for as bitcoin is concerned,price increases or decreases in proportion to difference in demand for bitcoin.Greater the demand,more the bitcoin price.But altcoins prices mainly decreases whenever bitcoin price increases.Most of the altcoins donot express their true value.Most of them are just pumped and dumped coins by creating fake sell orders.So altcoins should be bought with great caution.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shutup

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 02:55:45 PM

I heard that if there is news that certain places will start using a certain currency, then it will increase in value.  Obviously that sounds very simple.  But that is true right?

What exactly causes a coin to go up or go down in value?  If everyone starts selling the coin, will the coin go down in value?  Im curious but what things trigger coin prices to go up or down?

Bitcoiners determined to bitcoins because it produce cash depends upon your effort.Wheter by now its really a long time to wait for payouts but at least I have proven that I can get it.But the good news is how long my coins is store before I get my pay it is increasing.Thats why Im inspired of my co bitcoiner,that they earn a lot,wheter the price is going up and down at least I have pay to wait.
Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:10:27 PM

Supply and demand determines the value of a coin. The more people want to buy a certain coin the higher the price will rise. If no one has interest to buy a certain coin, its value will go to zero, even if there was a starting price.
This is basic problems in trading, you need know what do they need want to buy or sell this coin? What is main reason make happens?

I can say in present are 90% by the news and status SegWit of Bitcoin make the market very panic, easy to create some bullish or bearish trap by whale.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
recklessMe

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:56:57 AM

In fact the reasons are various: upswing/downswing in national markets, acceptance among businesses, government interference, implementation of new technical concepts, cyber attacks, and more of that kind.
Mahanton

Activity: 2688
Merit: 625

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:13:17 PM

You are a Hero member but do still ask this thing considering on your rank you should have the slightest knowledge about this stuff. Prices do move ups and down since its just a normal thing on coins in the market and yes indeed that they are somehow affected if theres a news but if theres none then the main thing that moves its price is just a simple trading with buyers and sellers because on this way we can indicate that price do really moves.Its just a simple economic class.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TheKingofBubble

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:50:42 PM

Supply and demand. Trading bots run by traders and exchanges, also automatically try to move the market price, but ultimately big moves only happen when real people buy or sell a coin on exchanges.  Grin

🔴⭕🔴 PepperMint Shiba ⭕🔴⭕    4% Reflections | Start Staking Here.  🚀🚀🚀
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 02:10:54 PM

You are true partially as the people will sell the price will go down and vice versa is also true for upward moment. The thing is it was natural process earlier in the time but now there are groups of people who apply this strategy altogether to benefit themselves mutually. This is however very bad practice as it makes the coin unhealthy economically and such coin tends to shut quickly.

I went little off the main question but I told you both the things that is what and who are responsible for the coins value in the market and the consequences of the same.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 02:58:40 PM

The increase and decrease in demand for a coin determines its price.Greater the demand,higher the price.For example,just after japan announced bitcoin as legal,we noticed a great increase in demand for bitcoins and as a result,bitcoin price rose very high.If every one starts selling a coin and there is no one to buy it,then definitely that coin's price would start falling down and at last it would become zero.

Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 03:54:22 PM

Supply and demand. Trading bots run by traders and exchanges, also automatically try to move the market price, but ultimately big moves only happen when real people buy or sell a coin on exchanges.  Grin
Well, we can see that with candle or some indicator as MA, BB, Pivot, RSI, MACD can helps for confirm volume buy/sell, the psychology of the trader and resistance, support line when trading.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████