Bitcoin Forum
December 12, 2017, 03:13:56 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO?  (Read 288 times)
bigman25

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:30:43 PM

who can explain what is ICO?
how to deciphers?
and what I need to obtain ICO?!

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Denis.Sevastiyanov

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 03:08:48 PM

how to deciphers?

Thanks!

C'mon, simply google it. ICO - Initial Coin Offering. It is kinda Kickstarted for new blockchain based services.

bigman25

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:24:28 PM

I need just some communication ... Cheesy
L87Mou

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:34:20 PM

An ICO is like an IPO except instead of a public company going up for stock sales it is a crypto going up for the initial offering of coin sales. As mentioned above, there is a ton of information on google but there is the 10,000 ft. overview. LMK if you have any other questions Smiley
HabBear

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:44:00 PM

how to deciphers?

Thanks!

C'mon, simply google it. ICO - Initial Coin Offering. It is kinda Kickstarted for new blockchain based services.

This is funny, Denis tells the OP to Google it and then gives them the wrong explanation for what an ICO is.

It's NOT a....see bolded quote above.

It IS the first offering for a new alternative currency (i.e., Coin). In the recent flurry of alternative cryptocurrencies many have set out to create their own coin. They now mine a significant portion (or even all) of the coins before they release it to the public. Then they release the coins to the public at a predetermined price and the demand from the market drives whether that price increases or decreases.

ICOs are talked about a lot because people, particularly newer people to the bitcoin world, believe it's an opportunity to "get in early" on the next big coin so they can make a fortune!

The reality is that nearly all of these new coins offer nothing to really compete with bitcoin, litecoin, monero, dash, and ethereum.

The biggest challenge with ICOs is that whoever created the coin usually owns a majority of the coins available and thus can control the supply. So they may wait for the price to rise a bit (organically or through a pump scheme) and then unload their coins at that inflated price.

In the end a few people, the creators of the new coin, may make some money but most people that invest end up with a coin that is worthless and meaningless. We refer to those people as getting "stuck holding the bag".

It's a good question. Watch out for these ICOs. They're not as valuable as the hype their creators preach makes them out to be!

satoshforever

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:37:01 PM

ICOs is a way to sell a new coin to the general public. Anyone can create a coun but the challenge is creating a valuable product which is actually connected to the coin's value. That's actually a bit rare since most ICOs don't really have a viable product.
Denis.Sevastiyanov

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 11:31:38 AM

This is funny, Denis tells the OP to Google it and then gives them the wrong explanation for what an ICO is.

It's NOT a....see bolded quote above.

It IS the first offering for a new alternative currency (i.e., Coin). In the recent flurry of alternative cryptocurrencies many have set out to create their own coin. They now mine a significant portion (or even all) of the coins before they release it to the public. Then they release the coins to the public at a predetermined price and the demand from the market drives whether that price increases or decreases.

]

Well, I do agree with the point it is only the First offering(however sometimes there is no further offering, because whole amount of tokens should be sold during the ICO), but it is still kinda kickstarter - you get the first items(in ICO case items mean tokens) with some discount, just one main difference(comparing to Kickstarter) is you are able to sell these items later.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.