Bitcoin Forum
December 13, 2017, 09:19:56 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to track segwit2x signal % hashpower from July21?  (Read 691 times)
Jag001

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:11:58 PM

So if I understood it right, Segwit2x would lock in if miners (80% of hash power) signal readiness for about 2 days starting on July 21 (correct me if I'm wrong).
The question is, how can I track it and how can I  know what is going on and whether is going to happen or not?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sweetbtc

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:40:31 PM

So if I understood it right, Segwit2x would lock in if miners (80% of hash power) signal readiness for about 2 days starting on July 21 (correct me if I'm wrong).
The question is, how can I track it and how can I  know what is going on and whether is going to happen or not?

We all know what is going to happen but we do not know which solution will be chosen by the miners. There must be a tracking site which can show real numbers and stats as miners are favoring which system after August 1.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:45:18 PM

Nothing locks in. Miners are free to back out from the NYC agreement and these that aren't insane will do so. We will get segwit with the segwit2x scam, and after miners lock in, miners will back out and there will be no consensus for a hardfork at all, so there will be only idiots left supporting the kamikaze hardfork.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1528

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:13:05 PM

http://coin.dance
https://coin.dance/blocks
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:19:07 PM

Im not sure about http://coin.dance website being accurate. In the past, I remember hearing some accusations of being biased towards bitcoin unlimited (when bitcoin unlimited was relevant), some suspected they were under the bitcoin.com's network of propaganda.

I don't know any other sites anyway so I tend to use it to keep track of the signaling.

Lately BIP141 has definitely gone up a lot surpassing bitcoin unlimited.

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
,CoinPayments,
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1528

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:36:36 PM

Im not sure about http://coin.dance website being accurate. In the past, I remember hearing some accusations of being biased towards bitcoin unlimited (when bitcoin unlimited was relevant), some suspected they were under the bitcoin.com's network of propaganda.

I don't know any other sites anyway so I tend to use it to keep track of the signaling.

https://blockchain.info/charts/nya-support - however that is certainly under Roger Vers influence Wink
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 06:49:33 PM

Signaling support for NYA in the coinbase and actually deploying the client are two different metrics to measure. You can find the total btc1 or Satoshi:1.14.3 nodes at bitnodes.21.co real time. Right now there are 16. Here is a link to the client on github.

-ck
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2366

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 09:51:10 PM

If all coin.dance is doing is counting the number of blocks with bit 4 activated, then bias of any sort in the rest of the site won't affect the accuracy of the data. It will be an accurate way to track it.

Primary developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
ZERO FEE Pooled mining at ckpool.org 1% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Xavofat

Activity: 714

Satoshi wanted "small, casual transactions".

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 10:18:56 PM

They literally link to the blocks on blockchain.info.  All you have to do to know whether coin.dance is telling the truth is to scroll down to their "block details" and check the bit that says "relayed by" to see which pool mined the block.

How could showing the blocks being mined possibly be a "network of propaganda?"  Do you even think for a second about the "accusations" before spouting out loads of crap about some giant network of deceit?

Jag001

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:10:23 PM

https://blockchain.info/charts/nya-support - however that is certainly under Roger Vers influence Wink

Thanks, that is great info.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 1582

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 04:23:07 AM

Nothing locks in. Miners are free to back out from the NYC agreement and these that aren't insane will do so.

I bet the OP refers to BIP91 - and that will be locked in in the last July week if it gets 80% support, so (s)he is right with his assumption. The October/November fork is another issue Wink

Like ~ck said, one has to simply track version bit 4. That is also possible without using a site lite coin.dance if anyone doesn't trust them, it's possible to track it using Bitcoin Core (or Unlimited, or what client you want, or a block explorer ...). Here is a brief description how the "version bits" work.

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
,CoinPayments,
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
qiman

Activity: 476

CRYPTO Chinese Translations - I am your man!

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 04:44:05 AM

Nothing locks in. Miners are free to back out from the NYC agreement and these that aren't insane will do so.

I bet the OP refers to BIP91 - and that will be locked in in the last July week if it gets 80% support, so (s)he is right with his assumption. The October/November fork is another issue Wink

Like ~ck said, one has to simply track version bit 4. That is also possible without using a site lite coin.dance if anyone doesn't trust them, it's possible to track it using Bitcoin Core (or Unlimited, or what client you want, or a block explorer ...). Here is a brief description how the "version bits" work.

So how much percent it needs to be locked in 80% Also the hard fork who will create that Bitmain? Or if the New York agreement takes place, will that generate the hard fork? I apologize for my questions as I do not understand the technical side that well.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 06:03:28 AM

The question is, how can I track it and how can I  know what is going on and whether is going to happen or not?

correct me if i am wrong but i believe SegWit2x uses the same version bit as SegWit so you can't differentiate these. both have version 0x20000002
the only way to tell them apart is to read the coinbase transaction text and see if it has this string in it:
Support /NYA/
like this one mined by BTCC:
https://blockchain.info/tx/1b198351206b0b2372265e3c9e616e2612c14758ed4e41f7f7204f537ee075d9?show_adv=true

p.s. why do you guys say October/November fork? the plan for SegWit2x was to activate SegWit in August then hard fork in 6 months after it meaning in February next year. or is it something new! my head hurts there are so many of them Cheesy
link: https://medium.com/@DCGco/bitcoin-scaling-agreement-at-consensus-2017-133521fe9a77

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄      
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █  
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
-ck
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2366

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 06:07:59 AM

correct me if i am wrong but i believe SegWit2x uses the same version bit as SegWit so you can't differentiate these. both have version 0x20000002
the only way to tell them apart is to read the coinbase transaction text and see if it has this string in it:
Support /NYA/
like this one mined by BTCC:
https://blockchain.info/tx/1b198351206b0b2372265e3c9e616e2612c14758ed4e41f7f7204f537ee075d9?show_adv=true
No, it will have the same version bit as segwit but it will also have bit 4 active.

Primary developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
ZERO FEE Pooled mining at ckpool.org 1% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1372

Activity: 9001 == OP

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 06:11:31 AM

Well this is a way to keep the keep munching the popcorn we have an exciting month ahead and the next few weeks will be a historical footnote for a variety of reasons regardless of the outcome, an exciting time for Bitcoin.
But ya for tracking only had coin.dance but added blockchains to my list tks for that.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 05:41:04 PM

Well this is a way to keep the keep munching the popcorn we have an exciting month ahead and the next few weeks will be a historical footnote for a variety of reasons regardless of the outcome, an exciting time for Bitcoin.
But ya for tracking only had coin.dance but added blockchains to my list tks for that.

I have already ordered some premium popcorn paid with bitcoin just to see what happens. I predict total humiliation again for the hardforkers camp. Segwit2x will have some fatal bug, something will go wrong and this will make everyone considering a good idea to fork into inferior code to think again and understand the severity of the situation.

We only got one shot to get this done the right way, so let's do it right, and rushing a hardfork is the opposite of doing it right.

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
,CoinPayments,
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 1582

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 05:59:19 PM

So how much percent it needs to be locked in 80%

80% of the blocks must signal BIP91 (included in the Segwit2x/Btc1 code), then all miners running this client will reject blocks without Segwit, so it will be locked in in the next signalling period (if no big miners revert their decision).

Also the hard fork who will create that Bitmain? Or if the New York agreement takes place, will that generate the hard fork?

There are two different possible forks:

Bitmain has announced to create a fork if there is a chain split in August between BIP148 nodes and non-BIP148 nodes. If BIP91 is approved (see above) that will very likely not occur.

The New York Agreement includes a hard fork in October or November to go for up to 2MB blocks. The code for this fork is still not finished and it is unclear if this fork will be approved; a chain split is not unlikely.

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀