Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:30:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] Gimli - eSports Betting Platform for Streamers - ICO LIVE  (Read 16385 times)
wowok

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:42:15 PM

150 million is a huge amount, what about airdrop, is there for this token? I also wait for social media campaign. I hope this project will be succesfull
There will be no airdrop but bounty campaign. You can earn some free token by participating in various bounty.
Check out this for more details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2018508.new#new

Op what about the escrow?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
revenant2017

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

Healing Galing

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:04:26 PM

150 million is a huge amount, what about airdrop, is there for this token? I also wait for social media campaign. I hope this project will be succesfull
There will be no airdrop but bounty campaign. You can earn some free token by participating in various bounty.
Check out this for more details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2018508.new#new

I suggest escrow to them and they replied it is heavily debated internally. OP correct me if i'm wrong. This is from my first post on this thread. It will definitely build a trust between them and future investors. I know many of the users here are into gaming.

As you can see, the OP's account is newbie only. So escrow is really needed for this project to attract more investors.
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 11:58:50 PM

How Gimli interact with the Ethereum blockchain?
Smart Contracts. That's what ethereum is use for. You should read the whitepaper it was already stated and explained there.

Why did you plan to use Eth contracts for this project? What’s wrong with building your own coin and not having to rely on Ethereum? What if Ethereum gets broken and all the investors that had money into this project was relying on it to make them money though the price of Eth goes down and the people can’t cash their money out? Do you have any plans for that scenario?

This coin does seem interesting.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
micjones

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:25:12 PM

Sounds cool.
Will you sponsor tournaments and pro gamer leagues?
gimli_io (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 07:01:34 PM

I suggest escrow to them and they replied it is heavily debated internally. OP correct me if i'm wrong. This is from my first post on this thread. It will definitely build a trust between them and future investors. I know many of the users here are into gaming.

As you can see, the OP's account is newbie only. So escrow is really needed for this project to attract more investors.

We will keep the unsold tokens in escrow for 6 months before releasing them to the Gimli reserve fund.
The duration of the sale seems quite short compared to other ICOs.
Why have you chosen 7 days?

We're in the process of extending it to 12 days.

Is there a minimum to participate?

There will be no minimum as long as you're getting a round number of tokens.

Smart Contracts. That's what ethereum is use for. You should read the whitepaper it was already stated and explained there.

Why did you plan to use Eth contracts for this project? What’s wrong with building your own coin and not having to rely on Ethereum? What if Ethereum gets broken and all the investors that had money into this project was relying on it to make them money though the price of Eth goes down and the people can’t cash their money out? Do you have any plans for that scenario?

We're using the power of Ethereum to build the betting contracts, which is one of the main advantages of Gimli versus a "normal" bookmaker. The streamer/bet initiator will have full power over the betting, and technological fraud will be reduced to zero. I don't even know where so start with the drawbacks of creating a new blockchain but not reinventing the wheel and moving forward on top of other technological breakthrough is what we believe in. Ethereum is going through some phases and get some people overly anxious about the future, just keep in mind that we are all building that future at the moment.

Sounds cool.

Yes, and we're very excited about it.

cryptoeddy

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

I just want a life without petty people

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 08:24:39 AM

First things first, the idea is very noble as it gives the power back to gamers and allows them to monetize and maximize revenues. Also it gives people a chance to place wagers on the different gamers which sounds like a win-win scenario to me. With live betting and interacting activities in between, the app provides a holistic experience for all users and it is my major reason why I am so excited about Gimli. 

For those seeing the short ICO period as too short, I think you are looking at this in a single dimension. The short duration is good for enthusiasts as we can buy the tokens before the word gets out there and everyone's rushing for a piece of the action. 

For a start, i think this platform is amazing and it will go a long way in bridging that gap of the average yearly revenue per fan in esports. The streaming audience is too large to be generating an average of 2$ while traditional sports generate 52$. I am expecting the industry to evolve rapidly in a few years and I hope Gimli will be the main player driving that transformation.

For all the latest Cryptocurrency and blockchain news visit www.coinweez.com Join coinweez telegram community https://t.me/joinchat/E4QgYhDAXeum7azNK8JRuw Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/coinweez Like the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/coinweezofficial/
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 01:13:58 PM

Hindi ANN translation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2024376.new#new

dwminer1

Activity: 1848
Merit: 530

The OGz Club

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 04:28:26 PM

Polish translation available here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2023197.msg20157122#msg20157122

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:36:47 PM

First things first, the idea is very noble as it gives the power back to gamers and allows them to monetize and maximize revenues. Also it gives people a chance to place wagers on the different gamers which sounds like a win-win scenario to me. With live betting and interacting activities in between, the app provides a holistic experience for all users and it is my major reason why I am so excited about Gimli. 

For those seeing the short ICO period as too short, I think you are looking at this in a single dimension. The short duration is good for enthusiasts as we can buy the tokens before the word gets out there and everyone's rushing for a piece of the action. 

For a start, i think this platform is amazing and it will go a long way in bridging that gap of the average yearly revenue per fan in esports. The streaming audience is too large to be generating an average of 2$ while traditional sports generate 52$. I am expecting the industry to evolve rapidly in a few years and I hope Gimli will be the main player driving that transformation.
It seems like there’s a bunch of people interested in this coin already, though I am not so sure if people would want to put money into it right now since there isn’t that much information on it. Once people get the right amount of information on this coin then the progress for the ICO will be pretty large and there is likely to be many more updates from the OP so the project will grow.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
ranggawulung

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:26:24 AM

When ICO start, I have visit on web http://gimli.io/ but not found info about when ico start and ico ended
duongtien86

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Lucky Man

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:14:59 AM

Decentralized live stream bets and interactions

We are proud, and excited, to present Gimli to the community.

The concept:
Gimli is a decentralized platform for eSport streamers and viewers. Streamers can turn viewers into engaged supporters by organizing bets, votes, asking for donations, and creating prize pools for tournaments using the ERC20 Ethereum token GIM. Interact with our betting and voting smart contracts here.
Gimli is provably fair, all functionalities are Ethereum smart contracts tailor made for streamers and stream viewers.
Gimli empowers streamers by enabling them to connect directly with their audience, increase and control novel revenue opportunities.

The team: 14 people strong, including
- Technology: Ouziel Slama, who co-developed counterparty, Joseph Fiscella who co-founded the Alexandria project
- Pro gamers: Luffy - street fighter IV world champion , Stefano - Starcraft 2 foreigner world champion
- Streamers: Thud - CEO ASUS ROG school, Skyyart, Aypierre
- Business: cool and experienced team (some Columbia, Harvard, Polytechnique), and real eSports fans

Created by industry insiders and world top professional gamers, Gimli is developing a strong public image in the streamers and gamers community.

Why is Gimli relevant:

Streamers have massive audience in the hundreds of millions globally. Yet, streamers monetization of their viewers is low.
- Ads-blockers are widespread, limiting advertising revenue.
- Subscription fees are low compared with traditional sports, with streaming platforms taking a considerable share.
- Sponsorships are few in a developing industry.
- Viewership drops dramatically after each game ends, with volatile audience going to other channels with ongoing entertainment.

Gimli fits in alongside current monetization methods. With Gimli, streamers can create entertainments and functionalities with GIM embedded commissions. From the substantial source of direct GIM revenues, to better engagement, higher number of minutes watched and increased donations, Gimli’s promise is to give control back to streamers.

Partners and adoption:
Existing streaming partners with more than one million twitter followers. Streamers set up functionalities and GIM they want to receive when their audience use Gimli on their stream. Thanks to those partnerships and active backing by renowned streamers, Gimli will be promoted to millions of viewers and prospective users worldwide, with the goal of viral and exponential adoption.

The GIM Token:
GIM tokens are required to run all functionalities including donations, votes, bets and custom contracts. Each functionality is a run by a trustless Ethereum smart contracts tailor-made for streamers.
No token creation will happen after the initial sale ends. The total supply of GIM is
fixed at 150 million tokens.
Tokens are ERC20 compliant and will be transferable and listed on exchanges once the
initial sale is completed.

Crowdsale detail:

Accepted currencies: During the initial sale, buyers will acquire GIM in exchange for Ether (ETH), the sale will be administered by an Ethereum Smart Contract which code is public on GitHub

Exchange rate: The price for one GIM is fixed at 1 ETH = 700 GIM. This may change with the ETH/USD exchange rate and will be fixed ahead of the sale.

Maximum financing: The number of GIM sold during the sale is capped at 80 million to the general public and an additional 10 million to eSports insiders.

Launch date and time: To be announced. A block number anticipated to be close to the launch time will be provided.

Duration of the sale: 12 days

Token launch completion: The sale will end when either all the GIM tokens have been sold or the 7-day period is over.

Unsold tokens: Should the sale end without selling the full 90 million GIM, any remaining tokens will be transferred to Gimli reserve fund.

No U.S.Purchasers: GIM Tokens are not being offered to U.S. persons during the initial crowdsale. If you are a citizen, resident of, or a person located or domiciled in the United States of America, including any corporation or partnership created or organized in or under the laws of the United States of America, do not purchase GIM Tokens.

BOUNTY PROGRAM DETAILS:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2018508

Resources:
http://gimli.io/
Backend beta
White Paper
Team
contact@gimli.io

joined solacia and sing

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper

http://bdsmtoken.io/
scribbles

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:05:44 PM

Though the ICO is still a bit off, the project deserves more love I think. 2 pages doesn't do right by Gimli ambitions

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:39:14 AM

Though the ICO is still a bit off, the project deserves more love I think. 2 pages doesn't do right by Gimli ambitions

Sometimes good projects are left behind by others who are just giving airdrops or free coins. So good marketing strategy is needed if the project is really promising and doing their business in legal ways. Maybe thru time this will gain attention from gamers.
dwminer1

Activity: 1848
Merit: 530

The OGz Club

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 03:39:08 PM

Any news about ICO date?

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Winner
Legendary

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:58:06 AM

Sometimes good projects are left behind by others who are just giving airdrops or free coins. So good marketing strategy is needed if the project is really promising and doing their business in legal ways. Maybe thru time this will gain attention from gamers.
If more people were interested in this coin then the price of Gimli would be pretty high, right now there isn’t that many people looking into this project since there’s a bunch of Altcoins doing ICO’s right now. Once people find that most coins that are doing the ICO’s are just in it to make a fast buck then they will see that Gimli is actually trying to bring more gamblers into the Esports betting area.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:37:45 AM

It is surely nice to be a streamer where you can easily host a betting event such as boxing , horseracing and other sports. Or even winning an Oscar or the Voice.  I will be watching this.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:52:11 AM

It is surely nice to be a streamer where you can easily host a betting event such as boxing , horseracing and other sports. Or even winning an Oscar or the Voice.  I will be watching this.
this would be another good idea for those who really likes betting on a live events I guess the only downfall is if there's no ongoing or events or no
gamblers that will play how will the coin will move in this worse case scenarios?
Winner
Legendary

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:02:38 AM

We will keep the unsold tokens in escrow for 6 months before releasing them to the Gimli reserve fund.
The duration of the sale seems quite short compared to other ICOs.
Why have you chosen 7 days?

We're in the process of extending it to 12 days.

Is there a minimum to participate?

There will be no minimum as long as you're getting a round number of tokens.

We're using the power of Ethereum to build the betting contracts, which is one of the main advantages of Gimli versus a "normal" bookmaker. The streamer/bet initiator will have full power over the betting, and technological fraud will be reduced to zero. I don't even know where so start with the drawbacks of creating a new blockchain but not reinventing the wheel and moving forward on top of other technological breakthrough is what we believe in. Ethereum is going through some phases and get some people overly anxious about the future, just keep in mind that we are all building that future at the moment.

Sounds cool.

Yes, and we're very excited about it.

It seems like you guys are bringing a bunch of people in the project right now, I am not a fan of the Social media only updates I hope you guys communicate to the people within this forum more so that you will bring in investors that already have Bitcoin in their Bitcoin address.

Are you guys working on the ICO yet or are you guys just planning the ICO? I hope that you guys give a date for the ICO soon.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Awallon

Activity: 518
Merit: 299

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:27:26 PM

Russian translation is available here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2044405.0
Kaznachej123

Activity: 882
Merit: 548

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:50:05 PM

Gimli ICO added - ICOTRACKER.NET     https://icotracker.net/project/gimli    https://twitter.com/Kaznachej123/status/891352817616789505

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: