Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:48:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing vs trading ICOs  (Read 422 times)
BKN123 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 07:55:16 PM

Hey guys,

I have been in altcoin investing for a couple months now. I do my due diligence on the altcoins that already exist on market, pick the altcoins that I think can make it long term, buy them and store them safely in my wallet. My plan is to forget about them and hopefully in 3-7 years at least one will hit the home run.

However, after observing the ICOs I noticed that a lot of money can be made in them short term. And that is what I am trying to do. Here is my question though.
Lets say I found one project that I like. I go to its very own website, follow the instructions, create local wallet and buy and store the tokens there. Great! Now the ICO day comes along and I see that the price of these token (currency) has increased 300% and I would like to sell my tokens so I can cash out.

Where exactly can I sell these tokens. They are so new will they be listed on any exchange?? If this is a case crypto exchange has to list the mentioned altcoin on their platform or is there any other way. According to my analysis, it is best to sell these tokens in the first couple of days no matter if the price goes up or down during this period.

Please recommend any websites where I am able to sell these tokens the moment the ICO starts. It would be unfortunate not being able to sell the tokens in the first couple of days after ICO and keep all of them for long term. Because I am sure that most of them will fail and lose value over time. The ones that I really believe in I will keep long term.

Peace

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vighter

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 08:04:23 PM

many are listed on bittrex
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 09:01:07 PM

just check coinmarketcap.com, coin will be listed there as soon as it launched and has atleast 1 market. click on the coin name, then "markets" and you will see where it is traded
coolstory

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 09:32:45 PM

You need to follow the last news coming from the project members. For this go ahead and join their telegram and slack groups. For the market price use ico platforms so that you make sure the price is not declining.
BKN123 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:20:38 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. Good advice.

Coinmarketcap does indeed show the exchanges where recently added coins are traded. The thing is they are all very different. I checked 7 icos that were added today on coinmarketcap and they are traded on totally different exchanges- I did not even know there were so many exchanges.

So my plan to register on couple exchanges beforehand and sell tokens after icos will not work out. Since they are listed on different exchanges I will have to register on all of them. The worst part is that identity verification on these exchanges take very long. And it will be like a week or two after the ico that my account will be approved.

Do you reccomend any way to go about this?

As I mentioned earlier I was looking to sell the tokens on the first couple of days after ico would happen.

Cheers!
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:44:06 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. Good advice.

Coinmarketcap does indeed show the exchanges where recently added coins are traded. The thing is they are all very different. I checked 7 icos that were added today on coinmarketcap and they are traded on totally different exchanges- I did not even know there were so many exchanges.

So my plan to register on couple exchanges beforehand and sell tokens after icos will not work out. Since they are listed on different exchanges I will have to register on all of them. The worst part is that identity verification on these exchanges take very long. And it will be like a week or two after the ico that my account will be approved.

Do you reccomend any way to go about this?

As I mentioned earlier I was looking to sell the tokens on the first couple of days after ico would happen.

Cheers!
Journey of a thousand steps...
If you're looking to cash in seriously, you'd better start the registration before thr tokens/coins hit those exchanges - just look for the most common denominators in those lists. Also, ID verification is for those trading in large volumes. If you're going to trade in such volumes, there is no other way round verification
BKN123 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 06:00:31 AM

I understand your point. Registetion before hand will help. Also, I think the projects should state on their website where their tokens will be traded. This way we can have heads up. Once I sell the tokens I then need to wire the cash whether it it profits or losses to my bank account. I hope these exchanges where icos are listed have this option as well.
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 09:52:55 AM

You need to follow the last news coming from the project members. For this go ahead and join their telegram and slack groups. For the market price use ico platforms so that you make sure the price is not declining.
This is a new form of financing. Is the investment here good? It looks like buying a bond and providing a password. Can we convert it into bitcoin or into money? Actually I'm not brave with this form of investment because I do not know how much profit? And when risk occurs, how to solve?

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████