Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:57:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help regarding choice between programming languages.  (Read 359 times)
jaywaka2713 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 11:56:20 PM

So here's the story, I want need to learn a language that can be used to write code to make programs to inject code to find exploits, or take advantage of exploits by creating payloads that take advantage of them. The hardware being hacked would be the upcoming, ps4, xbox 720 (or infinity), and iOS. I understand that they all could potentially use different languages, but I need to know what is required. I have been told that C++ would be the best route, but is it really? Are other languages such as C#, .NET, or Lua compatible with this subject? My goal is to be able to write a payload that is activated through an exploit, and writing the code to take advantage of the exploit, and scripts/programs to search for exploits. Such examples can be seen with ps3 hacking, and xbox 360 hacking, and writing jailbreak code for iOS.

So the following questions need to be answered:
What languages are used by these systems, and can the same language be used to do what is described above?
1) PS3/PS4
2) XBOX360/XBOX720
3) iOS
4) Android (just for the purpose of knowing in case I decided to take it on)

If you can, post resources and/or books I can use to learn such languages. Time is not a restraint.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: