Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:48:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Very odd BTC problem, need the experts help!  (Read 298 times)
Burdmayne23 (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:23:02 AM

Was posted in another forum, was told to repost over here thanks for the help!!

So i got BTC sent to me, the wallet that it was sent to was a Armory wallet, i had looked and armory had good reviews and figured that was the way to go, i was wrong. Armory is in "offline" mode, and i cant see my balance or withdraw anything.
People recommended i dwld Bitcoin Core, so i had started the rigorous process of dwlding it.
While i spent the last week doing that I have also made a electrum wallet and tried to get my wallet onto their with various methods (have electrum 2.9.0 for reference):
-Wallet -> private keys -> sweep, entered the private keys and no balance came up, or none of my addresses balances changed.
-file -> new/restore, created a random wallet, chose standard wallet , checked "use public or private keys", entered in the PriveBase58 code, it seemed like the only code that would allow the "next" box to be highlighted and allow me to move on, i pressed this and it didnt freeze but kept saying something like "please wait..." and i actually let it try this for a few hours but nothing happened.
my bitcoin core just finished installing and i turned on armory and its still offline.
Would really love any and all help to get this finally figured out, i should have all the necessary parts in place i think!
thank you all
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 06:43:43 PM

When you tried to sweep into electrum, which format of private keys were you entering? You need to have been entering the PrivBase58 ones, without spaces, one on each line.

To get Armory online, try going to File > Settings and uncheck the box "Let armory run Bitcoin Core in the background". Now stop Armory, start core, make sure that it is synced, then start Armory.

Burdmayne23 (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 12:07:22 AM

When you tried to sweep into electrum, which format of private keys were you entering? You need to have been entering the PrivBase58 ones, without spaces, one on each line.

To get Armory online, try going to File > Settings and uncheck the box "Let armory run Bitcoin Core in the background". Now stop Armory, start core, make sure that it is synced, then start Armory.

ok syncing core now, do i need to do anything in core? any adjustments or once it syncs up and gets to 100% i should be good to go?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: