Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:09:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTE Bytecoin reliable node  (Read 8352 times)
PovertyByte

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 02:40:03 AM

Isn't Bytecoin = BCN? https://whattomine.com/coins/103-bcn-cryptonight

I know I've mined some BCN as recently as a couple weeks ago, so it's still active at least.

Only thing keeping this scamcoin alive is MinerGate luring newbies to mine it allured by the fat the numbers rise quickly, and Poloniex somehow still keeping the coin listed giving it credibility. Only reason the price went up is because some instamine whales make bogus volume to jack the price up so they could sell their bags at a premium and buy it back from you after it dumped.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:43:20 PM

Isn't Bytecoin = BCN? https://whattomine.com/coins/103-bcn-cryptonight

I know I've mined some BCN as recently as a couple weeks ago, so it's still active at least.

Only thing keeping this scamcoin alive is MinerGate luring newbies to mine it allured by the fat the numbers rise quickly, and Poloniex somehow still keeping the coin listed giving it credibility. Only reason the price went up is because some instamine whales make bogus volume to jack the price up so they could sell their bags at a premium and buy it back from you after it dumped.

BTE is not BCN.

BTE has a post that dates to April 2, 2013.
BCN has a post that dates to Mar 14, 2014.

I propose to change the name of Bytecoin (BTE) to IOUnote (IOU)

I try to be respectful and informed.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:06:10 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2017, 04:19:07 PM by ProfMac

Any nodes available? Let's go people!!

Maria.

I administer the DNS tables for vima.austin.tx.us.  I set up this subdomain.  The way DNS works, if you do a lookup for a name with multiple A or AAAA records, the records are returned in round-robin order.  Bitcoin & relatives use this to look up a seed node to, um, seed things.  There are 2 addresses that may be of interest to this group.  To find out what is in them at any specific moment, see below.

on unix:  
  dig  seed.bte.vima.austin.tx.us ANY
  dig old-seed.bte.vima.austin.tx.us ANY

in your config file:
  seednode=seed.bte.vima.austin.tx.us

for ahmed:
  in net.cpp strMainNetDNSSeed
     {"seed.bte.vima.austin.tx.us", "seed.bte.vima.austin.tx.us"},

if you control your own IPv6 address, ::2013:401 is an easily recognized number.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: