Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:19:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox Bitcoin Cash  (Read 1484 times)
Merovius

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 05:23:09 AM

The original poster brings up a good point about Bitcoin Cash -- if the Mt. Gox estate indeed has about 202k BTC on hand, the value of an equal amount of BCH would be significant and could theoretically be used to help repay creditors during the bankruptcy proceedings. Whether this actually happens or not is another matter; as other posters have mentioned, the attorneys involved in bankruptcies and receiverships of this sort tend to deduct hefty amounts for fees before distributing money to creditors, so they may just keep quiet about the BCH and pocket the extra funds along with other fees.

At any rate it will be interesting to see what happens with this case. I am actually one of the creditors here who happened to have about 900 USD (but no BTC) still in my Mt. Gox account at the time of the crash. I have been through all of the procedures required to file a claim and have had the claim approved according to their records. I have not received any distribution of funds or settlements, however. I will report back here if I actually receive anything.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: