Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:25:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [YAC] Illustrated, step-by-step guide to starting your own AWS YAC server farm!  (Read 13552 times)
wmikrut

Activity: 631
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 03:40:17 AM

Here is a script to automatically send the YAC to you from the AWS Instance.
I have created this as an executable file named "schedule.sh"

(If you like this script... don't donate to me... use/improve the script!)

#!/bin/bash

# Set the threshold to the minimum amount you want to have sent to you.  Make sure it's more than 0.01000000
# Set the address to your address, or I will get all your YAC!

threshold="0.20000000"
address="Y4B3S6dVVAFwex6Fio6JprFQkWgwU5E3uf"

#########################################################################
# Don't edit below this line unless you REALLY know what you're doing
#########################################################################
yac=`./yacoind getbalance`
if echo $yac $threshold | awk '{exit !( $1 > $2)}'; then
   ./yacoind sendtoaddress $address $yac
else
   echo "Not enough YAC to send yet!"
fi                                                                                                                         fi                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

BM-2cTFihJKmSwusMAoYuUHPvpx56Jozv64KK
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 04:03:27 AM

Just to jump in late.

If you stick your or a wallet.dat on each of the servers (the same wallet.dat on every server) won't they all generate coins directly to the wallet preventing you from having to transfer funds out?

saberu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 04:03:49 AM

Be careful guys, this is NOT profitable at current difficulty and price of running a cluster.

This guy obviously must have profited from this method and now that it's no longer profitable he is happy to share it with the forum for some rep.

If you think the price of YAC is going to go up 10 fold in the next 10 weeks (very unlikely) then by all means invest your money in the knowledge you will be making a loss at current prices.

I for one would not want to take the risk, especially now there are so many alts. If alts were reliable then FTC would not be trading as low as it is right now.

Maybe some people (creator?) have been dumping all their FTC over time to keep the price this low. Just makes me suspicious about trusting the price of other alt coins including YACoin.

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. Su3XiYekKKk4FRHaaMneseJHcykGfswVb3
Vycid (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 04:11:32 AM

Just to jump in late.

If you stick your or a wallet.dat on each of the servers (the same wallet.dat on every server) won't they all generate coins directly to the wallet preventing you from having to transfer funds out?

That is correct. It would be quite a bit easier to do it this way - this guide was just written to be as easy as possible. Anyone that can import the wallet.dat to all their servers already knows what they're doing.

Be careful guys, this is NOT profitable at current difficulty and price of running a cluster.

This guy obviously must have profited from this method and now that it's no longer profitable he is happy to share it with the forum for some rep.

If you think the price of YAC is going to go up 10 fold in the next 10 weeks (very unlikely) then by all means invest your money in the knowledge you will be making a loss at current prices.

I for one would not want to take the risk, especially now there are so many alts. If alts were reliable then FTC would not be trading as low as it is right now.

Maybe some people (creator?) have been dumping all their FTC over time to keep the price this low. Just makes me suspicious about trusting the price of other alt coins including YACoin.

Whoa! Hold on, when I released this guide it was DEFINITELY still profitable. I'm not accountable for the inevitable increase in difficulty!

It IS true that I did quite a bit of mining before releasing the guide, but it really wasn't the first thing on my mind to write a guide as soon as I got my servers running - I've got a life, and this guide represented a significant time investment.

I'll come clean: my primary motivation for writing the guide was that I might get a few tips for helping people out. Haven't gotten any yet  Sad

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 04:16:30 AM

I'll come clean: my primary motivation for writing the guide was that I might get a few tips for helping people out. Haven't gotten any yet  Sad

There you go. A present. Its a small amount but that takes me 3 days at the difficulty to mine on my  xeon and Q6600

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Vycid (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 04:19:55 AM

There you go. A present. Its a small amount but that takes me 3 days at the difficulty to mine on my  xeon and Q6600

Aw, thanks. I appreciate the gesture regardless of the quantity.

blazin8s

Activity: 180

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 04:32:23 AM

Oh I have every intention of tipping, haven't gotten any coins yet, hopefully will have some by morning.  Smiley
blazin8s

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 04:54:20 AM

How can I shoot these servers over to a pool?  Or are they better off solo mining?
Vycid (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:01:15 AM

Oh I have every intention of tipping, haven't gotten any coins yet, hopefully will have some by morning.  Smiley

I haven't done the math recently, but based on market rate and difficulty it's my suspicion this is no longer profitable. You should double-check.

How can I shoot these servers over to a pool?  Or are they better off solo mining?

You could use minerd. I never did, but then again I had enough servers that I didn't really need a pool.

blazin8s

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:19:31 AM

I want to do it just for a few day and see.  I have 4 servers now, but they all have 0 coins.  I'd like to try them at the pool, I have the minerd avx script that another user put together on here.  Is there by chance a quick easy way to get it doing this?  Smiley  I just don't know how.
joee

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:31:38 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2013, 11:26:04 AM by joee

I want to do it just for a few day and see.  I have 4 servers now, but they all have 0 coins.  I'd like to try them at the pool, I have the minerd avx script that another user put together on here.  Is there by chance a quick easy way to get it doing this?  Smiley  I just don't know how.

Try this:

Code:
sudo apt-get -y install git automake build-essential libcurl4-openssl-dev
git clone https://github.com/ali1234/cpuminer
cd cpuminer
./autogen.sh
./configure CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native"
sudo make
sudo make install
./minerd -o POOL:PORT -u WORKER -p PASS -a scrypt-jane

You should get about 790kh/s with an cc2.8xlarge instance.

edit:
If you use 'screen' you don't have to keep the terminal window open:
(use the following command instead of the last line above)

Code:
screen -S miner ./minerd -o POOL:PORT -u WORKER -p PASS -a scrypt-jane

To detach the session press 'Ctrl'+'A' then 'D'.

Afterwards you can re-attach the session if needed:

Code:
screen -r miner

blazin8s

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:40:28 AM

Where does that code go though? 
joee

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:50:21 AM

You have to enter (copy/paste) it line by line into your terminal window, in the last line you have to enter your mining pool url & user.
blazin8s

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 06:05:28 AM

You guys are awesome, it's working Cheesy  I was entering the code all at once and that's why it wasn't working before.  I know I know Smiley  Many many thanks and you both will be getting tips tomorrow from me.  Cheesy
joee

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 06:07:41 AM

You're welcome, enjoy your minig Smiley
(... and you have to leave the terminal window open)
AndNorTar

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:45:01 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2013, 09:55:14 AM by AndNorTar

Thanks for both the guide and the minerd command sequence! Smiley

Interestingly, the hashrate appears to fluctuate quite a bit - when viewed directly, all instances report a very solid ~730 Kh/s, and when I went to bed 9 hours ago, the pool consistently reported around this figure for all instances. Then after 11 hours of runtime, the estimated average hashrate seems to have dropped down to about 330, or slightly less than half. So that's interesting, but still a pretty fun experiment!
Adamlm

Activity: 822
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 10:38:20 AM

You're welcome, enjoy your minig Smiley
(... and you have to leave the terminal window open)
Not necessarily: you can start the minderd process with nohup command and disconnect from terminal, something like this:

Code:
nohup ./minerd -a scrypt-jane -o http://yac.dontmine.me:8080 -u user -p x -t 16 -r 9999 2>&1 &

then you can login at any time and check if it's still running:

Code:
ps -ef | grep minerd

tyrion70
Legendary

Activity: 934
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:43:00 AM

Even better, start it with the screen command..

You can then logon and enter screen -ls to see the screen number and screen -r to get it back to your terminal.

Also, you can convert to the key to a putty key with puttygen and open the session in putty

donjonson

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:05:28 AM

Great work! Thanks for the contribution. Wink

I'm just a simple guy swimming in a sea of sharks.
donjonson

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:06:55 AM

100 YACs on your way Smiley

I'm just a simple guy swimming in a sea of sharks.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: