Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:22:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (Off-topic) Disposable phone?  (Read 615 times)
movellan (OP)

Activity: 348
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:53:46 PM

Apolpgies if this is off-topic, but I've searched the forums for similar and come up empty. Mods please move this as necessary. Perhaps I've been looking in the wrong places, but have not been able to find a truly disposable phone. What I want is:

1)  A "dumb" phone, voice and SMS only.

2)  Pay one price for a phone that comes with xxx minutes and xxx messages. No "plan" or extension of service.

3)  When at or near the minutes/messages limits, just bash it with a BFH, chuck it in the appropiate recycle bin, and go buy another.

Recomendations appreciated. TIA.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1bettor.com

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 11:59:09 PM

Apolpgies if this is off-topic, but I've searched the forums for similar and come up empty. Mods please move this as necessary. Perhaps I've been looking in the wrong places, but have not been able to find a truly disposable phone. What I want is:

2)  Pay one price for a phone that comes with xxx minutes and xxx messages. No "plan" or extension of service.

3)  When at or near the minutes/messages limits, just bash it with a BFH, chuck it in the appropiate recycle bin, and go buy another.

Simple, http://www.tracfone.com/ can be found at wal-marts. 9.99 register online and get 20 minutes, no contract no name, no nothing. you can actually buy a card (airtime-more minutes to add to the phone) with cash if you would like and still be anonymous and thats that. Or simply use your phone for 20 minutes, throw it in the trash, rinse, repeat.....
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 12:13:45 AM

1)  A "dumb" phone, voice and SMS only.

2)  Pay one price for a phone that comes with xxx minutes and xxx messages. No "plan" or extension of service.

3)  When at or near the minutes/messages limits, just bash it with a BFH, chuck it in the appropiate recycle bin, and go buy another.

Simple, http://www.tracfone.com/ can be found at wal-marts. 9.99 register online and get 20 minutes, no contract no name, no nothing. you can actually buy a card (airtime-more minutes to add to the phone) with cash if you would like and still be anonymous and thats that. Or simply use your phone for 20 minutes, throw it in the trash, rinse, repeat.....

Exactly what I was going to suggest.

If you're planning on doing something nefarious consisting of causing injuries to other, even this is not a sure bet that you won't get caught.

Even if an act is carried out hundreds of miles away from the point of purchase and your home, and without a single camera present at the crime scene, you can still get caught when the FBI puts out an image of you on the airwaves.

Before I tell you how, you, or anybody else care to fathom a guess?
movellan (OP)

Activity: 348
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:28:16 AM

Have you used this unit? Do you get a phone number or do you have to use an existing one? How many messages come with your 20 minutes? Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: