Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:22:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Kevin, here's my side.  (Read 258502 times)
broker11

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:43:44 AM

Kevin,
  MagicalTux says you logged in and placed the .01 cent order 3 minutes before the selloff began.

Is this true?

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=20250.msg253491
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Batouzo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:45:28 AM

because it's definitely not fishy that the phones cost 1 cent instead of 100 dollars

Thoes are not "phones", thoes are art paintings. One day worth 1 usd another 1,000,000 USD. You are not required to know.

Also, what with traders @12, trades @10, trades @5, trades @14 ... all deales are supposed to be reverted.
neneko

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:46:06 AM

Okay this is just getting silly. The behavior of Mt Gox here is completely unprofessional. If you suspect that Kevin is the hacker/worked with the hacker then you go the legal route. Trying to slander him on a forum isn't the right way to go.

The sad part here is that you already know this and the reason you slander Kevin on the boards is that you hope that if people get someone to blame for this they'll forget that this is all Mt Gox fault. You're making Kevin a scapegoat and hope that people will keep trading on Mt Gox when this thing is over and you can open up trading again. I really hope people aren't falling for it.

Mt Gox weren't ready to go from trading cards to actually currencies and the whole clusterfuck that has been their handling of this case has proven that beyond reasonable doubt. For the record I think the lack of security measures was enough to leave mt gox, the rest is just icing on the cake.

elk-tamer

Activity: 87

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:46:25 AM

I don't see how anyone can read the OP and think KD has a case for keeping his money. Based on his owns words, I think he should be going to prison.  Compare what he did to what Martha Stewart did. Do we know where he lives? American DA's freakin' love to take on cases that will be big in the news.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:49:55 AM

Kevin 170 x MtGox 131
Who will make the "epic-est" thread?

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
radracer

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:52:58 AM

I don't see how anyone can read the OP and think KD has a case for keeping his money. Based on his owns words, I think he should be going to prison.  Compare what he did to what Martha Stewart did. Do we know where he lives? American DA's freakin' love to take on cases that will be big in the news.

what exactly did martha stewart do?  it sure as shit wasn't commit any actual crimes.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 12:55:05 AM

Regarding the 500k BTC account:
 Bitcoin transfers aren't free, remember? So, if you trade between USD and BTC a lot, if it was actually done Bitcoin to Bitcoin, the transaction fees would be eating up a lot of people's trades, and would be costly for MtGox as well. I suspect the actual buying and selling is all done on a SQL database, and the only time actual Bitcoin comes into play is when someone requests a withdrawal. I think this method is a good idea, since it saves everyone money. Due to this, though, the 500K Bitcoin that was "stolen" could very likely be just an arbitrary number in an account, which doesn't mean anything more than an IOU from MtGox. So, not reverting this would amount to actually filling everyone's account with actual bitcoin. Like others pointed out, these stolen IOU's could very well be money from EVERYONE'S accounts, not just one rich guys.
Swishercutter

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:02:18 AM

You people making the stolen property analogies are leaving out one critical factor. The middleman.

Let's say you go to a used car dealer, and you purchase a vehicle. Later it comes to light that the car was stolen. Would you then give the vehicle back? No. You wouldnt. The dealer would be responsible. Simple as that. The dealer would have to re-imburse either the original victim, or give the car back and re-coup the buyer. It doesnt matter what price the car was, if I bought it for 5 dollars, it was an agreement made with a professional organization who decided to get into the business of selling these things.

Except, in this case the thief walked into a Ferrari dealer pretended to be a legitimate salesman and sold it for $5...the buyer should have known better and now he is pissed because the dealership wants their car back.

I was in the forums while this was all happening and I myself thought it was either:
1) An early adopter selling off without care for crashing the market.
2) A mistake...someone entered .02 instead of 20 (I am aware how stupid that sounds...people can be stupid).
3) A hack.

I cannot say that if I had money in my account I would not have bought what I could...that is the smart thing to do...just I wouldn't cry when they tell me "Sorry, that was clearly an illegal trade" because I knew from the start there was a chance of that.  

elk-tamer

Activity: 87

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:08:35 AM

what exactly did martha stewart do?  it sure as shit wasn't commit any actual crimes.
She knowing profited from the illegal gained information and then lied about it. No way in hell she should have gone to jail though. Her real crime was in being a promotion worthy prosecution.

I just noticed that Kevin lives in Chicago. So the attorney would be the very ambitious Anita Alvarez.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 01:12:22 AM

I just noticed that Kevin lives in Chicago. So the attorney would be the very ambitious Anita Alvarez.

I am reminded of the previous mention (in another thread) of the utility of BTC for anonymous bribes...

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:13:21 AM

What was she convicted of then? Trafficking in bad cooking advice?
jaybny

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Skill - protoblock.com

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 01:16:10 AM

Kevin, after what Mt Gox did in the "their side" thread to try and CONNECT YOU with the hacker, I sure as hell hope you file that injunction.
I sure hope too, will make it easier for us.

To defend MagicalTux here. He is french, and the miscommunications are incredible. I used to work with many French,  and they all come off like.. well like MtGox.  Its a combo of language and culture, that make the French seems incredibly obnoxious to Americans when communicating in English.

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

https://twitter.com/jaybny/status/1022596877332762624
Shinobi

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:20:22 AM

This is fucking hilarious. I've just read through nine pages of fucking hilarity. "Bitcoin.... the future is now" evangelists, people claiming the OP should be in prison, Mt. Gox making accusations (despite the fact that Mark refused to get on the phone directly in Bruce Wagner's Bitcoin show. How far does this have to go before you people realize that you guys are way in over your head on this? Its like kids in a sandbox. Most of you no understanding of economics and are all playing Michael Milken in your pajamas next to overclocked video cards.

Just look at yourselves.

There's NO WAY to rectify this mess you've gotten into without screwing someone. And despite the decentralized, anarcho-capitalist philosophy underlying this experiment that you all jerk off to at night, you are all scream for litigation.

Just look at yourselves!

_______
Thinking of using a cheap, yet reliable VPN? Go with PrivateInternetAccess. Not a referral link. Just a satisfied customer!
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:24:47 AM

To defend MagicalTux here. He is french, and the miscommunications are incredible. I used to work with many French,  and they all come off like.. well like MtGox.  Its a combo of language and culture, that make the French seems incredibly obnoxious to Americans when communicating in English.

It's a matter of Latin language structure (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Romanian) versus Anglo-Saxon (not "Americans" specifically) and you could add Germanic language branch versus those 2... and why not Slav.
Confusions of an old Continent such as Europe.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 01:26:35 AM

This is fucking hilarious. ...
Its like kids in a sandbox. Most of you no understanding of economics and are all playing Michael Milken in your pajamas next to overclocked video cards.

Just look at yourselves.

There's NO WAY to rectify this mess you've gotten into without screwing someone. And despite the decentralized, anarcho-capitalist philosophy underlying this experiment that you all jerk off to at night, you are all scream for litigation.

Just look at yourselves!

At one point, Steve Jobs and Bill Gates were just kids in a sandbox, playing business tycoons from their garages, screaming and threatening litigation at each other too.
Bazil

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:28:10 AM

If the government was taking bitcoins seriously you'd be going to prison man.  You attempted to acquire 5 million dollars of stolen bitcoins, even if you didn't cause the crash.  You only made off with about 10 grand worth. imho you should return those bitcoins to their rightful owner.  MtGox is going to have to foot the bill for the bitcoins you withdrew!

17Bo9a6YpXN2SbwY8mXLCD43Wup9ZE4rwm
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 01:30:51 AM

Just look at yourselves!

Excuse me, but me and my Rothbard pin-up poster want the government out of this.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:32:13 AM

Hey Kevin Day....

Are you the same Kevin Day that wrote the Book, "Inside the Security Mind" - Making the Tough Decisions Huh
http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Security-Mind-Making-Decisions/dp/0131118293

Product Description
Inside the Security Mind: Making the Tough Decisions, by security expert Kevin Day, teaches information officers how to think like a top security guru. Using real-world examples, Day explains how to reduce any security problem to a set of essential principles, making it easy to arrive at optimal solutions. Includes practical material on enterprise security issues and measures.
From the Back Cover

"This is a really good book ... it spells out the motherhood and apple pie of information security in a highly readable way."

—Warwick Ford, CTO, VeriSign, Inc.

"An excellent security read! Breaks down a complex concept into a simple and easy-to-understand concept."

—Vivek Shivananda, President

Redefine your organization's information security
    Learn to think and act like a top security guru!
    Understand the founding principles of security itself and make better decisions
    Make your security solutions more effective, easily manageable, and less costly!

Make smarter, more informed security decisions for your companyOrganizations today commit ever-increasing resources to information security, but are scarcely more secure than they were four or five years ago! By treating information security like an ordinary technological practice—that is, by throwing money, a handful of the latest technologies, and a lineup of gurus at the problem—they invariably wind up with expensive, but deeply flawed, solutions. The only way out of this trap is to change one's way of thinking about security: to grasp the reasoning, philosophy, and logic that underlie all successful security efforts.

In Inside the Security Mind: Making the Tough Decisions, security expert Kevin Day teaches you how to approach information security the way the top gurus do—as an art, rather than a collection of technologies. By applying this discipline, your solutions will be more secure and less burdensome in time, expense, and effort. The first part of the book explains the practice of breaking security decisions down into a set of simple rules. These rules may then be applied to make solid security decisions in almost any environment. In the second part, Day uses a series of practical examples to illustrate exactly how the discipline works in practice. Additional material covers:

Designing an enterprise security plan, including perimeter/firewall and Internal defenses, application, system, and hardware security
    Ongoing security measures—recurring audits, vulnerability maintenance, logging and monitoring, and incident response, plus risk assessment
    Choosing between open source and proprietary solutions; and wired, wireless, and virtual private networks

This book is essential reading for anyone working to keep information secure. Technical and non-technical IT professionals alike can apply Day's concepts and strategies to become security gurus, while seasoned practitioners will benefit from the unique and effective presentation of the essential security practices.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
Batouzo

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:34:23 AM

Are you sure MagicalTux is FR, not just their European SEPA transactions partner company?  (Not that this is too important, just curious)
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:05:44 AM

Is this you, Kevin?

http://www.freshports.org/mail/elm/
I'm looking for a bit of assistance from a undernet IRC node operator please. I would like a cloaked hostname. Seems I'm attracting a bit of attention.
Elm is an interactive screen-oriented mailer program  that
supersedes mail and mailx.  This is the 2.5.x distribution.

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/75
Re: Unusual entry in Apache logs 2008-05-30
Kevin Day (toasty dragondata com) 

Huh Huh Huh

Got anything to say for yourself?

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: