Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:25:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are online wallets safe?  (Read 451 times)
tineron (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 12:36:28 PM

It seems like I'll need to get one to start purchasing items in the real world, but how safe are these online wallets?
koincollector

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 12:38:48 PM

Better to just download the software and run it on your own pc, that way you don't need to rely or trust upon anyone.
tineron (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 12:58:07 PM

I was thinking along the lines of when Coffeebucks starts to take bitcoin. If I don't have an online wallet is there a way to link the wallet from my PC to my phone to pay for such things?
koincollector

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:01:54 PM

I'm not 100% sure but i guess there will be mobile wallet apps available soon if it's not available already. Then you can install some wallet software on your phone and send and recivce payments as you wish.
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:02:44 PM

I was thinking along the lines of when Coffeebucks starts to take bitcoin. If I don't have an online wallet is there a way to link the wallet from my PC to my phone to pay for such things?

Yes, there is a bitcoin android app, and you can import your addresses key from the client.

On Bitcoin-QT enter dumpprivkey in the console.  (DO NOT SHARE THIS WITH ANYONE, THEY WILL BE ABLE TO SPEND YOUR CONS IF YOU DO!)

Then, go into the bitcoin app and follow the instructions to import the key there.  Good Luck!

Wait.. I went off on a tangent.  http://blockchain.info and the corresponding android app are very secure online wallets.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: