Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:45:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fork failed?  (Read 2402 times)
Adbitco

Activity: 1428
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 09:09:38 PM

Hard fork did occur as a result of which bitcoin cash an altcoin came into existence but the hard fork didn't make any significant impact on the prices of bitcoin nor did a good number of miners are with bitcoin cash so basically the people behind bitcoin cash have failed in bringing to the world which they were dreaming of as the true version of satoshi's bitcoin and that's why it's been a flop show and a total failure but hard fork did actually occur.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seyola89

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:33:18 PM

the fork has been done so bitcoin cash already created from that fork

I see it as indirect free BTC Giveaway. Painful I could not get some.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:46:44 PM

The fork did occur but many miners abandoned BCash coin right after it split from the main chain. The exit of the miners results to extremely delayed block creation due to the pre-calcuated difficulty and as a result no transactions with BCash can go through. Overall it fails as a currency, but does decently well on exchanges in spite of the inability to deposit.

I guess bcash still has some bugs or problems on their nodes or network, not so sure about it. So far, there have been 50 blocks mined since the hard fork and most miners are unknown. And there is MC Pool in Hong Kong https://news.bitcoin.com/the-trading-center-in-hk-where-they-mined-most-of-the-bitcoin-cash-blocks/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications
But, according to the most exchanges, people can't deposit or withdraw bcash as the wallet of bcc remain under maintenance.
Don't know how it happen or what the reasons but people only care about cash out this coin if-since the first time facing this problem of bch network.
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 08:05:55 AM

The fork has gone through and with the fork, bitcoin has been split into normal Bitcoin and a new type of alt coin, Bitcoin cash. After the fork seems like prices for Bitcoin have risen and the price is not almost 2.9K. Seems like Bitcoin will hit 3K at the end of this month for sure with the rate it is growing now.

Most miners have abandoned Bitcoin cash though, August the one was just an event overhyped and it honestly didn’t affect us that much. Price of Bitcoin cash hit 700 yesterday but now it is at 300-400 USD. Slowly seems to be dying. 
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 08:19:39 AM

The fork has gone through and with the fork, bitcoin has been split into normal Bitcoin and a new type of alt coin, Bitcoin cash. After the fork seems like prices for Bitcoin have risen and the price is not almost 2.9K. Seems like Bitcoin will hit 3K at the end of this month for sure with the rate it is growing now.

Most miners have abandoned Bitcoin cash though, August the one was just an event overhyped and it honestly didn’t affect us that much. Price of Bitcoin cash hit 700 yesterday but now it is at 300-400 USD. Slowly seems to be dying. 

Of course, without the support of users, BCH will simply die. But if there are people behind, like big entities, it will survived but it will just be a pump and dump coin. It may bubble in the future, but we all know that it will be bursting soon. The event just go unnoticed and the price of bitcoin even go to $2900 now. Its one thing to hype BCH but without the backup of big miners who rather stick with bitcoin for now. And I think with the recent split, bitcoin price will gradually rise and will peak at $3000 again or even more.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 08:51:56 PM

Bittrex now accepting BCH. Long transaction times, but the coins will start flowing from the wallets and the dump will begin.
Bittrex now accepting BCH and yesterday people were blaming Bittrex i mean wow? That's the spirit of bittrex that they are now accepting new unstable things while other exchanges are sleeping so i would like to say that bittrex has done a great role in a history of other exchanges thanks to bittrex that they have done that for us to maintain their image once again.
An1ks

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:00:30 PM

I think the problem is in understanding of word "hardfork". Did it happened? Yes. Was people thinking that real hardfork will change things? Yes. Did it change something. That's a question.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 12:37:58 AM

Bittrex now accepting BCH. Long transaction times, but the coins will start flowing from the wallets and the dump will begin.
Bittrex now accepting BCH and yesterday people were blaming Bittrex i mean wow? That's the spirit of bittrex that they are now accepting new unstable things while other exchanges are sleeping so i would like to say that bittrex has done a great role in a history of other exchanges thanks to bittrex that they have done that for us to maintain their image once again.

Exchanges aren't sleeping. They don't want the risk. Do you have any idea how much risk there is associated with transacting something this new and volatile. It's immeasurable really. No way to quantify it. That Piece of radioactive shit could wipe out an entire exchange. Ask Coinbase how they felt making good on all the ethereum transactions from  $300.00 down to 14 cents in the blink of an eye.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:51:26 AM

Ofcourse Fork happend. That is why BCC existed. But some really don't mind its existence, some just continue to use Bitcoins. BCC are new cryptocurrencies like altcoins and it still the user choice what to use. They said that if BCC failed to be supported it will die unlike Bitcoin which is the real thing of cryptocurrencies.
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 08:02:40 AM

bch is a joke. exchanges bch walltes offline so ppls only can trade it and not deposit outside. as soon as ppl can cash it out it will be dead and just another altcoin
Some exchangers really haven't option of deposit of BCH (or BCC), but there are those who allowed that. In particular, deposite and withdrawing of BCH is opened on Bitfinex, Bittrex, HitBTC and ViaBTC (from the 1st of August).
That fact that the price for BCH is constantly going down doesn't mean that the fork has failed. I think that was just nonsense to BCH's price reached such highs in the first hours after it's appearance. Now everything will stabilize and Etherum will go on the first place again.
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 08:43:44 AM

That fact that the price for BCH is constantly going down doesn't mean that the fork has failed.

Indeed, this is natural. It happens to lots of altcoins. A high opening price based on very low volume, and then a massive plunge. And then accumulation/ uptrend. At the end of the day, though, it's just an altcoin, and the market seems to recognize that. I'm surprised so many exchanges added it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: