Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:55:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitbar - is it dying?  (Read 1458 times)
Praxis (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:55:11 PM

http://bter.com/trade/btb_btc

It's just going down and down and down.

Too bad, I kinda liked the idea of having a super-scarce alt-coin in portfolio.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vinne81

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:56:56 PM

It sure is, as was to be expected. Many thought that just calling it "bar" and other non-important things were gonna blast BTB to 10xBTC (or more). They were wrong.
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:58:53 PM

BTER kills coins by destroying it's value due to low trade volume, it would need to get on a real exchange in order to have a chance.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Adamlm

Activity: 822
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 02:00:07 PM

It sure is, as was to be expected. Many thought that just calling it "bar" and other non-important things were gonna blast BTB to 10xBTC (or more). They were wrong.
Totally agree. It's just another clone with fancy name. A special ▀▄▀▄▀ BAR  ▀▄▀▄▀ which can "consolidate your digital wealth"  Wink

to3m

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:01:44 PM

I managed to mine some early on, when it didn't take too long, so profit pretty much guaranteed. I held on to it to see what would happen.

I put it on sale at BTER for a while at 1.0BTC/BTB, then 0.75BTC/BTB, then I think 0.6BTC/BTB for a while. Knock-down prices all round, if you believe some of the forum members here. Any one of them will profit handsomely in the future, had they actually bought it. But none of them did.

Sold in pieces for 0.45-0.5 BTC/BTB in the end.

Not unexpected... but I have to say, I DID like the "bar" name. I held on it it for too long pretty much on that basis. Just goes to show, you shouldn't let emotion sway your decisions Smiley

--Tom
nawazish1

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

PXC Research Team

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:02:31 PM

You are wrong Mr. It is not dying it just need an exchange to go forward. BTE-R has really low number of users and the buy orders are two days old. thats why it looks like its dying.

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:03:42 PM

I think most people realize that a coin that is spammed with fake buy/sells and pretend prices is doomed to begin with. Not to mention the horribly scammy block reward and still HUGELY inflated value.
baka

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:03:59 PM

I think it probably died almost the same time as CNC and FTC, people woke up and realised they should stick to established altcoins like LTC and NVC.

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. Sc8XY5PmHK1NJ2DNvJhS82AQVFwMGimX8w
Praxis (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:08:22 PM

Well, there's a 200 BTB buy order at 0.2, at least it won't fall under that hopefully Smiley
syn999

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:12:30 PM

for all those altcoins out there
unless you are on of the kind or the first of its kinda

mostly likely the price goes down over tie as diff goes up and pp trades more

You do not want to hold it too long

Blaztoize
Donator

My posts are seldom static, but always readable :)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:19:46 PM

It's hardly been a week and you guys are speculating this shit?! Really? Okay, let's go ahead and judge a car's 0-60 based on tracking its time going from 0-8.

Oh no!!! Things are fluctuating -- I don't check sources outside this section of the forum and I'm utilizing the hive-mind mentally that I've gained here -- It must be dying!! I mean, come on, the proof is in a chinese minor exchange, the only one to take it at this point, has prices going down. Oh no!! Abandon ship!!

I'm just going to go ahead and place some buy orders. Bye. Wink

Pokédex: The jets of water it spouts from the rocket cannons on its shell can punch through thick steel.
BTC: 1Pt2zKYL1CzgqoWy2gETLrqZhWTQSziVno
As of July 2015, I'm back! Currently working on building trust.
sterob

Activity: 175

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:25:20 PM

There are sell order which means someone is buying it. If it is a dead coin, why people still buying it?  When bitcoin went down from 266 to 80 do you say bitcoin is dying?

p/s: Unless you are too dense, people have been manipulating BTC, LTC price and what do you think would stop them doing that with BTB?

vinne81

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:26:10 PM

It's hardly been a week and you guys are speculating this shit?! Really? Okay, let's go ahead and judge a car's 0-60 based on tracking its time going from 0-8mph.

Oh no!!! Things are fluctuating -- I don't check sources outside this section of the forum and I'm utilizing the hive-mind mentally that I've gained here -- It must be dying!! I mean, come on, the proof is in a chinese minor exchange, the only one to take it at this point, has prices going down. Oh no!! Abandon ship!!

Say what you want, price has dropped to 1/3 of the original value on this "small chinese (chinese, so it cant be good right) exchange". Maybe your car will go superfast from 8mph to 60mph, so far it's stuck in reverse.
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:27:10 PM

It's hardly been a week and you guys are speculating this shit?! Really? Okay, let's go ahead and judge a car's 0-60 based on tracking its time going from 0-8.

lol pathetic attemp
Blaztoize
Donator

My posts are seldom static, but always readable :)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:29:34 PM

It's hardly been a week and you guys are speculating this shit?! Really? Okay, let's go ahead and judge a car's 0-60 based on tracking its time going from 0-8mph.

Say what you want, price has dropped to 1/3 of the original value on this "small chinese (chinese, so it cant be good right) exchange". Maybe your car will go superfast from 8mph to 60mph, so far it's stuck in reverse.

Bter isn't BTC-E let alone MtGox. Nothing is moving in reverse, vinne. Things are moving forward as expected, in all aspects of the hype. Best of luck on your endeavors. I've been quite successful in mine.

EDIT: Ymer, thanks for the constructive post. You're making some pathetic attempts in general. Good ol' puppycock@gmail.com. <-- Oh you're hiding this now? Why be ashamed man!?

Pokédex: The jets of water it spouts from the rocket cannons on its shell can punch through thick steel.
BTC: 1Pt2zKYL1CzgqoWy2gETLrqZhWTQSziVno
As of July 2015, I'm back! Currently working on building trust.
sido

Activity: 148

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:30:08 PM

reward for finding block is low, difficulty is high, hashpower of newtork is also low.. i doesn't make sense for me.. at my pool we are solving almost 80% of all blocks and we are getting almost nothing as reward... i'm afraid, no one will mine coins like this..

there was also few accounts which was making fake activity with publishing fake shares, so it was looks like there is more hashing power of network than was true..

something looks wrong here for me
vinne81

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:34:02 PM

reward for finding block is low, difficulty is high, hashpower of newtork is also low.. i doesn't make sense for me.. at my pool we are solving almost 80% of all blocks and we are getting almost nothing as reward... i'm afraid, no one will mine coins like this..

there was also few accounts which was making fake activity with publishing fake shares, so it was looks like there is more hashing power of network than was true..

It's the same old story as with ANY alt coin here, those who have it defend it till they die.

My question remains: why is a big exchange SO important for your precious coin (in this case bitbar) - if it really stands on it own there is no reason to get on a major exchange fast. Unless perhaps... owners want to dump some what they got and be able to have a big enough (stupid) audience to sell it to before price drops too low and even they know they're ******.
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:40:18 PM

Bitbar can't be used anywhere. Bitbar just sucks. There's NOTHING new (except it's not -coin but -bar). It was premined heavily, too.

People buying this BITBAR are going to lowest level of the pyramid.

sido

Activity: 148

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:41:08 PM

It's the same old story as with ANY alt coin here, those who have it defend it till they die.

My question remains: why is a big exchange SO important for your precious coin (in this case bitbar) - if it really stands on it own there is no reason to get on a major exchange fast. Unless perhaps... owners want to dump some what they got and be able to have a big enough (stupid) audience to sell it to before price drops too low and even they know they're ******.
i'm not defending it, i'm just curious.. wouldn't it work like when hash power of network goes down, difficulty also? and reward for finding block should go up?
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:48:18 PM

i'm not defending it, i'm just curious.. wouldn't it work like when hash power of network goes down, difficulty also? and reward for finding block should go up?

What is going to kill BTB is the ultra scammy start and pre-mine combined with the fact that the entire idea was just plain stupid. Oh and it didn't help that the 'marketing team' behind it were blatantly lying about the price and scammed some n00bs into buying it for like 2 BTC each (about 1000 x as much as it's worth).
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: