Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:03:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] dstm's ZCash / Equihash Nvidia Miner v0.6.2 (Linux / Windows)  (Read 224866 times)
dstm (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:06:39 PM

Server outage like today is very unlikely to happen during the next week.                                                     
Bad practice in programming think that something isn't happen. Try to predict all cases.

Right, that's a valid argument. I was thinking about the probability of this, I expected it to be pretty low, such an huge server outage like today is very unlikely statistically. I've to schedule user request ofc, it was a bad decision to prioritize other things.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Seb83

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:21:19 PM

I have no intention. I'm just saying that zm should not shut down if you cannot connect to the server for your fees.
You have to act fast. Do something. Lower the hash rate or I dont know... but find a solution now.
We don't have to wait that you find the perfect anti piracy solution.

Let me remind you that you are taking 700 bucks everyday from us.
This is no donation! this is your fees. We are paying you. So, in case of problem like that we expect you to act fast.
No blabla, no bullshit.

We all lost today because of that (including you), and you act like it is nothing.
The problem is not the network failure, it is the way your miner react.

This is slightly one sided ofc.                                                                                               
So there is some time (and it's a of high priority ofc) to think about a solution which works reliable for all users in all locations. People that have concerns about zm's current reliability (this is perfectly valid ofc) have the option to use a different mining software. I don't want to hack an unreliable solution as fast as possible just to make it look good.

This was not a server outage but a network outage. That can happen everyday, maybe not that scale but it can happen anytime.
There is no hack to do, the real hack is your fee. You remove that and everything work fine.

The solution is simple: no connection, you drop the shares... nobody wins, but at least the miner don't crash. Is that a hack?

For now, you just make it look bad. It is unreliable because how your fee behave, and your reaction.
And telling people here on this forum, who has worked with you (yea, beta test), if your're not happy go use another miner: that's not very professional.

Lot's of us here had stability problems... well, it's becoming clear now. We have at least one explanation.
Not only we are paying fees, but it's turning against us.
But you don't wanna change anything, I get it.

I'm complaining, but I don't care, really. I just have a small rig. But think of those who have farms.
Some have spoken, you just ignore them.

hanskan

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:31:54 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2017, 10:43:59 PM by hanskan

I have no intention. I'm just saying that zm should not shut down if you cannot connect to the server for your fees.
You have to act fast. Do something. Lower the hash rate or I dont know... but find a solution now.

This is no donation! this is your fees. We are paying you. So, in case of problem like that we expect you to act fast.
No blabla, no bullshit.

We all lost today because of that (including you), and you act like it is nothing.

So there is some time (and it's a of high priority ofc) to think about a solution which works reliable for all users in all locations. People that have concerns about zm's current reliability (this is perfectly valid ofc) have the option to use a different mining software. I don't want to hack an unreliable solution as fast as possible just to make it look good.

This was not a server outage but a network outage. That can happen everyday, maybe not that scale but it can happen anytime.
There is no hack to do, the real hack is your fee. You remove that and everything work fine.

The solution is simple: no connection, you drop the shares... nobody wins, but at least the miner don't crash. Is that a hack?

For now, you just make it look bad. It is unreliable because how your fee behave, and your reaction.
And telling people here on this forum, who has worked with you (yea, beta test), if your're not happy go use another miner: that's not very professional.

Lot's of us here had stability problems... well, it's becoming clear now. We have at least one explanation.

I'm complaining, but I don't care, really. I just have a small rig. But think of those who have farms.

dude, we fking got it, you're salty. Run back to EWBF's and shut it, no one is forcing you to use this miner.
Seb83

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:37:12 PM

No blabla, no bullshit.

dude, we fking got it, your'e salty. Run back to EWBF's and shut it, no one is forcing you to use this miner.

Very constructive.
You're actually the one who should shut it.

hanskan

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:47:58 PM

No blabla, no bullshit.

dude, we fking got it, your'e salty. Run back to EWBF's and shut it, no one is forcing you to use this miner.

Very constructive.
You're actually the one who should shut it.

oh these trolls with chromosome disorder on this board. If you are so awesome, why don't you write a miner that's perfect ? Oh wait, missing half a brain and all you are capable of is drooling.
dstm (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:02:56 PM

Sry, I'm really trying to understand your intention, it looks like we are reading different things.

I've stated it clearly: reliability is of high priority - I'm working to handle such kind of situations reliably.
I don't want to provide an unreliable untested solution - so it will take a couple of days.
If this is not fast enough people have the option to use a different mining software, if there was no other mining software available providing an untested solution would be an option.
Seb83

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:20:49 PM

Sry, I'm really trying to understand your intention, it looks like we are reading different things.

I've stated it clearly: reliability is of high priority - I'm working to handle such kind of situations reliably.
I don't want to provide an unreliable untested solution - so it will take a couple of days.
If this is not fast enough people have the option to use a different mining software, if there was no other mining software available providing an untested solution would be an option.

All right! I don't speak for everybody, but to me 2 days sound cool.
I just had the impression that you didn't care and were about to do nothing about it.
jmayniac

Activity: 77

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:25:22 PM

DSTM - Thank you for the work you have put into this.  I know not everyone is appreciative right now, but I am.
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:44:59 PM

It happens because very smart boy - dstm hardcoded fee pool in this miner. When pool (flypool) is down miner is out of work. So I lost more than hour on my farms it is much more than fee. Now I switched to EWBF - it is less vulnerable to such a treats.

Bye bye dstm..

Same here, 8 Hours offline with 30 x 1080 GPUs because of this problem.
not anymore.
I'll go back to EWBF
it connected instantly, 0 problems.

I lost a lot of money today.
sorry dstm but i can't afford problems like this, my profit marging is too thin right now to be offfline 8 hours for such a stupid issue.

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
that1lurk3r

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:01:55 AM

dstm you never get credit for the work you do. I thank you for everything you have given me at least. There was some downtime but everyone has downtime somewhere.
dstm (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:20:45 AM

It happens because very smart boy - dstm hardcoded fee pool in this miner. When pool (flypool) is down miner is out of work. So I lost more than hour on my farms it is much more than fee. Now I switched to EWBF - it is less vulnerable to such a treats.

Bye bye dstm..

not anymore.
I'll go back to EWBF

sorry dstm but i can't afford problems like this, my profit marging is too thin right now to be offfline 8 hours for such a stupid issue.

That's perfectly valid ofc, no doubt - sry for the downtime.
I'm currently in contact with different pool owners, to be able to distribute pools across different networks.
I'm still not really happy about the failover draft, it has some corner cases that I don't like - like local network issues - more difficulties for people which have to tunnel all their traffic through a proxy - but I'm working on it.
induktor

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:28:28 AM

Bye bye dstm..

not anymore.
I'll go back to EWBF

I'm currently in contact with different pool owners, to be able to distribute pools across different networks.
I'm still not really happy about the failover draft, it has some corner cases that I don't like - like local network issues - more difficulties for people which have to tunnel all their traffic through a proxy - but I'm working on it.

Great! thank you for taking it serious, and worry about it, i'll wait until you sort this out and go back to your miner then.
please let us know when you got it Smiley
thank you
indkt.

camsarria

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:40:53 AM

To me i get way more stable and better hash rate with Your Miner then ewbf. Your Fee is justified. Thank you!
64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:14:11 AM

Bye bye dstm..

not anymore.
I'll go back to EWBF

Comments:

1) To these miners: it's not DSTM's fault that you lost money, it's your fault. Your greed got you in trouble.:

a) What business expects operational perfection in forecasting profit? So if you owned a trucking business, all the trucks would work perfectly? What would happen if a squirrel shorted out a breaker at the local power distribution station? There are some particular power distribution transformers that could take a week+ to replace because they are not stock items. Where I live, count on small animals, car crashes and lighting power outages.

b) You are stupid and greedy if you immediately deployed DSTM's miner across all your miners and then dumped on DSTM for any flaws. What was wrong with just running it on one mining setup? Even those bastions of software excellence, Microsoft and AMD, deploy updates that have problems/flaws. Why are you newbies dumping on one guy?

You guys need to come up with some sort of procedure for software deployment given all the noise you are making about how serious you are.

My procedure(not for everyone).

I'm conservative. I typically run at least 1 to 2 months behind any improved mining software. If the improvement is only a few %, I won't bite because crash free operation is worth a few per cent. If it's a few % hash increase plus a few per cent decrease in power consumption, this gets on my radar. I will wait several more weeks until people on the board I trust vouch for it. I then run this "new" software on one miner. Every crash adds a day of evaluation after a "corrective" homemade or goggle tweak. I have no expertise in determining whether there is bad stuff hidden in any software, this is my major concern. Yet another reason to treat this board's reliable software coders with respect and stop whining about their cut.
induktor

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:32:21 AM

Bye bye dstm..

not anymore.
I'll go back to EWBF

Comments:

1) To these miners: it's not DSTM's fault that you lost money, it's your fault. Your greed got you in trouble.:

a) What business expects operational perfection in forecasting profit? So if you owned a trucking business, all the trucks would work perfectly? What would happen if a squirrel shorted out a breaker at the local power distribution station? There are some particular power distribution transformers that could take a week+ to replace because they are not stock items. Where I live, count on small animals, car crashes and lighting power outages.

b) You are stupid and greedy if you immediately deployed DSTM's miner across all your miners and then dumped on DSTM for any flaws. What was wrong with just running it on one mining setup? Even those bastions of software excellence, Microsoft and AMD, deploy updates that have problems/flaws. Why are you newbies dumping on one guy?

You guys need to come up with some sort of procedure for software deployment given all the noise you are making about how serious you are.

I'm conservative. I typically run at least 1 to 2 months behind any improved mining software. If the improvement is only a few %, I won't bite because crash free operation is worth a few per cent. If it's a few % hash increase plus a few per cent decrease in power consumption, this gets on my radar. I will wait several more weeks until people on the board I trust vouch for it. I then run this "new" software on one miner. Every crash adds a day of evaluation after a "corrective" homemade or goggle tweak. I have no expertise in determining whether there is bad stuff hidden in any software, this is my major concern. Yet another reason to treat this board's reliable software coders with respect and stop whining about their cut.

That's why only 1/3 of my miners runs ZM miner, the rest are with EWBF and others.

yes I am greedy, i like money, i also like technology, and mining is the best of both worlds, but make no mistake, we ALL are here to make money, so greed or no greed, we all need to get even, to achieve ROI, hardware is expensive!, power is also VERY expensive!, i invest heavily in mining hardware, and i expect it to perform accordingly.
I setup everything to insane perfection, so when something that it's out of my hand, happens, and my miners stays offline for so long, i get mad!, not to dstm, he is working hard to make the miner great, he'll eventually get it right, but to the situation, yes I rant, so he fix it  Grin can't help it  Grin (sorry dstm if i was rude btw) LOL

I run linux, have my own custom distro, totally automated, with near 99.99% uptime.
testing something for 1 month in crypto could be suicide, here things change so rapidly that usually testing is the week-range, IMHO, not more!.

BTW: i haven't deployed ZM overnight, dstm knows my case, i tested it for 2 weeks on a 1080Ti, then decide to move to three rigs (6x1080) and then some more, stability was pretty good until this happens, and yes eu pools got fucked up by some major ISP nothing we can do about it, i inmediately changed to another location and another pool and then i realized that ZM was "locked" to eu port on fly pool, so i switched to EWBF (yes 8 hours LATE because i was dealing with a F* mess in a plant with some PLC controller , and had no time to check my miners, so yes i cursed at me as well for not taking 30 seconds to check my miners remotely)

anyway.....shit happens...
all online again Smiley
cheers
indkt.

dstm (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:45:25 AM

Bye bye dstm..

not anymore.
I'll go back to EWBF

Comments:

That's why only 1/3 of my miners runs ZM miner, the rest are with EWBF and others.

yes I am greedy, i like money, i also like technology, and mining is the best of both worlds, but make no mistake, we ALL are here to make money, so greed or no greed, we all need to get even, to achieve ROI, hardware is expensive!, power is also VERY expensive!, i invest heavily in mining hardware, and i expect it to perform accordingly.
I setup everything to insane perfection, so when something that it's out of my hand, happens, and my miners stays offline for so long, i get mad!, not to dstm, he is working hard to make the miner great, he'll eventually get it right, but to the situation, yes I rant, so he fix it  Grin can't help it  Grin (sorry dstm if i was rude btw) LOL

I run linux, have my own custom distro, totally automated, with near 99.99% uptime.
testing something for 1 month in crypto could be suicide, here things change so rapidly that usually testing is the week-range, IMHO, not more!.

BTW: i haven't deployed ZM overnight, dstm knows my case, i tested it for 2 weeks on a 1080Ti, then decide to move to three rigs (6x1080) and then some more, stability was pretty good until this happens, and yes eu pools got fucked up by some major ISP nothing we can do about it, i inmediately changed to another location and another pool and then i realized that ZM was "locked" to eu port on fly pool, so i switched to EWBF (yes 8 hours LATE because i was dealing with a F* mess in a plant with some PLC controller , and had no time to check my miners, so yes i cursed at me as well for not taking 30 seconds to check my miners remotely)

anyway.....shit happens...
all online again Smiley
cheers
indkt.

No, there was nothing rude in your comment, it's a perfectly valid position. It's very interesting how people are different in their judgments with respect to this.

Concerning ZM's flypool 'lock'. As far as I understand flypool has a high uptime something about 99.9x/8x%, this is what my tests during the last months suggest it also matches the experience people have made so far. ZM's implementation was based on this numbers.

The downtime because of ISP issues is really a stupid thing - zm clearly needs an improvement here. I don't really like the failover pool solution - it has some corner cases. I prefer much more to ignore the submission of dev fee shares in cases of server outages. This is less complex and perfectly reliable for you, however this easy to abuse and I'm not able to predict how many installations would do so.
R2D2mine

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:16:08 AM

I think it's fair to remove fee until a solution is found.
Andrey09

Activity: 176

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:33:34 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 11:56:15 AM by Andrey09

Problem while mining ZEN ON  https://zenmine.pro

eu.zenmine.pro:9009

Every 2 minutes conection closed by server r:0

Could you check please?

EWBS work on this server without problem, with dstm every ~2-4 minutes conection closed by server r:0
dstm (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:24:47 PM

Problem while mining ZEN ON  https://zenmine.pro

eu.zenmine.pro:9009

Every 2 minutes conection closed by server r:0

Could you check please?

EWBS work on this server without problem, with dstm every ~2-4 minutes conection closed by server r:0

I'm able to reproduce this.
The server sends a TCP FIN packet i.e. closes the connection periodically.
Are you sure about your tests with other mining software?
Andrey09

Activity: 176

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:29:38 PM

One from my rings on EWBF and he is work properly on this poll, without reconnect 2 hours in the time while dstm have a lot of reconnect.
I'm sure it was in the same time.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: