Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:52:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Taxes  (Read 6962 times)
ningrum

Activity: 1610
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:21:19 PM

Tax is everywhere like my professor says in during our class. There is a direct relationship between the company of bitcoin and Taxation of the government; since the government always collect 12 % final tax in all passive income which the bitcoin already collected and remitted by them.
if in my country, whatever mingled with the money would be taxed, so if bitcoin is taxed I would not be surprised by all of this, because that's all the terms of my country's government.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ilovestroberi

Activity: 97
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:10:11 AM

I've heared that in some countries people have to pay the income tax after buying fiat for their bitcoins. Anyone faced such problem? If yes then how you deal with it in your country?
At one point of view  bitcoin is an instrument for investment so ppl buy it willing to get income in their currency.
At the other point it is a currency and it might be used with a purpose of saving. In this case the tax would be stupid.

I am actually afraid of this. There are rumors that bitcoin will be legal here in the Philippines but at the same time tax will be added to it, I think it is really inevitable since bitcoin will be a legal crypto/virtual currency.

harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:41:32 AM

Many people sees taxation and bitcoin has a big rivalry between ewch other but the truth is it has a good relationship in the society. 
Bitcoin is accept fully in the local governments therefore there is a tax imposed with it.  If the bitcoins collects a high income there will be a high taxes that will remittedin the government which will increase the financial stability of the government and become economic competitive.
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:49:52 AM

Many people sees taxation and bitcoin has a big rivalry between ewch other but the truth is it has a good relationship in the society. 
Bitcoin is accept fully in the local governments therefore there is a tax imposed with it.  If the bitcoins collects a high income there will be a high taxes that will remittedin the government which will increase the financial stability of the government and become economic competitive.
I don’t really get how this works… how is the government able to charge tax when someone exchanges Bitcoin to Fiat? I don’t really see how it is possible, cause you send your Bitcoin to the exchanger and they just pay in the money into your bank account, so how does the government know about it? This isn’t possible, and it doesn’t happen where I live.
Carmen03

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:07:27 PM

Bitcoin is not a fiat currency with legal tender status in any jurisdiction, but often tax liability accrues regardless of the medium used. There is a wide variety of legislation in many different jurisdiction which could cause income ,sales payroll,capital gains or some other form of tax  liability to arise with bitcoin.
frillyblockG

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:53:26 PM

What the hell? so what's the difference between the cryptoz and fiats if both have taxation -_-
hygroscopicgymnasium3

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:11:56 PM

Its better atleast now we have some legal onlooker on our transactions and will help us to bear problems easily regarding btcs
volcanofetusK

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:28:25 PM

This will neverver happen. Govt cant go against such a global mass of bitcoiners independence
fanBit101

Activity: 228

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:39:40 PM

This would be a difficult choice for investors like us, and the number of voluntary taxpayers would be a minority. Because of:
- Applying taxes on bitcoins and crypto is synonymous with the government's right to claim a price.
- It is good for traders and all because the ico will be verified and certified for safety.
- The scam issues will be gradually eliminated and separated from the crypto world.
Those who expect the great oscillation of crypto can ignore it. It seems time will solve this complex problem.
volleyballslender6

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:48:05 AM

I am a newbie thoigh I have no idea but I think its better. Taxation always means a legalisation on someething and that's what we want
supermam

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:03:54 AM

Some countries i guess is implementing that law collecting taxes on bitcoin users once they trade their bitcoins to paper money and in my view if the government will impose that law we can't do anything but to obey it and pay our taxes.
Ca.ming14

Activity: 143

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:28:04 AM

Without a doubt, 2018 will be a landmark year for Internal Revenue Service enforcement of cryptocurrency gains. Taxpayers should stay ahead of the game rather than be reactionary. The IRS is always more lenient with taxpayers who come forward on their own accord rather than those that get discovered. Coming forward now actually could be the difference between criminal penalties and simply paying interest. With only several hundred people reporting their crypto gains each year since bitcoin's launch, the IRS suspects that many crypto users have been evading taxes by not reporting crypto transactions on their tax returns. Unfortunately, the IRS has provided very little guidance with regard to bitcoin taxation. One thing, however, is clear: Although both the public and the crypto community refer to bitcoin and altcoins as virtual currencies, the IRS treats them as property for tax purposes. Therefore, selling, spending and even exchanging crypto for other tokens all likely have capital gain implications. Likewise, receiving it as compensation or by other means will be ordinary income.
elkafee79

Activity: 122

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:09:43 PM

If you sell Bitcoin for Fiat, then you have to pay taxes.
While Bitcoin is a currency, it is considered a commodity and therefore by selling it you're 'making money'.
It's illegal if you don't pay taxes.

yes, i agree with your opinion. illegal if you dont pay taxes. will be make safe if we are pay taxes while sell bitcoin dor fiat.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:33:13 PM

Get right with the lord and the IRS:

https://www.investopedia.com/news/nsa-worked-track-down-bitcoin-users-snowden-papers-reveal/

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Goroshik

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:27:24 PM

I've heared that in some countries people have to pay the income tax after buying fiat for their bitcoins. Anyone faced such problem? If yes then how you deal with it in your country?
At one point of view  bitcoin is an instrument for investment so ppl buy it willing to get income in their currency.
At the other point it is a currency and it might be used with a purpose of saving. In this case the tax would be stupid.
Bitcoin is not a stock, it is currency. It is made to pay for goods and services as money. But it has one big advantage, it is anonymous.
ngalamunan

Activity: 332
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:42:33 PM

While Bitcoin is a currency, it is considered a commodity and therefore by selling it you're 'making money'.

the tax will always be there for economic activities, because the tax will later enter into the state's money, so the tax plays an important role for us too.
Sergio444

Activity: 174

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 11:28:40 PM

So, must the one buying bitcoins also pay tax? Since the two are both trading in each way. Well, it is illegal to pay tax, but we live in a situation were cryptocurrency is purely said to be decentralized and anonymous. Why must I pay task for selling my coins to someone who wouldn't pay any tax for buying from me?
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:19:45 AM

Paying taxes is obligation from every citizen in country and i think its fine if government collecting taxes from cryptocurrency transaction. If Government want to collect taxes, government should make regulation on cryptocurrency and if regulation issued, i am believe it will make crypto price rising
Incodium Coin
Copper Member

Activity: 141

API-Based Smart Contract Solution For Exch Hacking

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 01:56:37 AM

l think it's necessary for holders to pay taxes on cryptocurrency. If we are considering coins to currency, then we have to pay taxes on it like we do on other assets. We still win in low transaction costs ...

INCODIUM, API-BASED SMART CONTRACT SOLUTION FOR EXCHANGE HACKING.
A risk management protocol that implements fast and accurate compensation functions on behalf of investors who are victims of an exchange hacking incident.

NOW LISTED ON: BITMART Exchange
                         : LaToken Exchange

INCO EVENT ON 7TH NOV. 2018 in Seoul, South Korea.
jack wira

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:05:18 AM

Ane rasa Pajak itu memang wajib berkembang nya sebuah negara apabila rakyatnya taat pajak
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: